DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
35
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
9
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
8
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
14
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
115
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
10
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
5
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
28
13%
 
Total votes: 224

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Shakawkaw » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Dirigo wrote:
peppermint wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Finally scored PT71 that I took a couple days before Saturday.

LR1: -2
LG: -1
LR2: -5
RC: -4
Scored a 172--my personal record.

This makes me feel really good. It assures me that I have the capacity to score my goal and even if I fell short on my first take, I absolutely need to retake and convert my potential into an official score.


This is awesome, Rigo. So proud!

ETA - if we both fell short, let's be June bunnies together ~*

+1, that's an amazing score. Great job Rigo, I really hope you aced Dec

Thanks guys. I just have a bad feeling but you know what they say: "fvck you feelings"

My parents keep congratulating me and thinking I'm done for good and wanting to take me out to dinner to celebrate and asking me to pack up all my LSAT stuff because it's taking up so much room in the office.
Ugh I'll just feel really shitty if I fall way short and tell them I have to study more--especially since I postponed the September test because I wasn't ready. They just don't get how important and how much of a commitment it is.
They're the kind of folks who think "oh you have your score, that's what you're meant to apply with" and that's so far from the truth. Hah.

Blah okay I'll stop moping.


That is very interesting. It's good that your parents are supportive! When I came home, my mom asked me how it went and I told her I didn't want to talk about it because I felt terrible and she just got SO angry at me. "Omg how many times are you going to take it? You're dumb." Blah blah blah. She did apologize later, but that was ridiculous to me. Especially since she thought the LSAT was a bunch of ethical hypos. I'm bitter, I guess. Whatever.

How did you feel after taking 71?

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Dirigo wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Dirigo wrote:So how is everybody feeling? It seems like the overall mood is pessimistic whereas September waiters were very optimistic. A ton of them ended up super disappointed though so maybe this pessimism will yield a pleasant surprise.


I felt a little foggy through some of it, so I left not feeling 100%. But looking back I think the LR section where I was feeling the worst was the experimental (thank goodness!) and the only other question that really tripped me up was the purple glass question, so I'm hoping that means I rocked my other 4 sections and walked out with an anomaly 180 =) Doubtful, but I'm going to keep hoping until I actually get my score haha!

I actually sometimes do really well when I feel foggy because it normally means my intuition is taking over and everything is second-nature even though it doesn't feel like I'm super sure about anything in the moment.
I hope you did in fact knock it out of the park!


That actually makes me feel really good! I hadn't thought about it before, but now that you say that I realized some of my best LR sections are the ones I felt that same fogginess feeling about.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:36 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Dirigo wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:How did you feel after taking 71?

I felt good, but mainly because I knew LG went well. That section really determines my mood. I just wish I aced LG on 74. That way I would feel wonderful right now and my performance on the other sections would be more of a 'ignorance is bliss' situation.

That really sucks about your mom. I'm sorry. I've really tried to not tell my parents specifics about my ups and downs of studying. For instance, they have no idea that I've been scoring in very high 160's and the low 170's the past several tests, so even if I score way lower than that, I can tell them "85th percentile" or something and they'd think that's really good and I could say "I know I can do better."

I'll def need to get on with my non-LSAT life though. Get a new job and formulate what my plan B is since I'm not longer aiming for applying this cycle. Time to be an adult.


Is there a reason for not applying this cycle? Numbers are so low this year I feel like it would be to most people's advantage to go ahead and apply.

Here are the numbers so far this cycle.... http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/first- ... ion-cycle/
The numbers are down by a lot!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:56 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KanGaHru
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby KanGaHru » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Awwwe man! I missed all the PWing :'-(

User avatar
IsThisForReal
Posts: 3426
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby IsThisForReal » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:59 pm

KanGaHru wrote:Awwwe man! I missed all the PWing :'-(

And the height discussion. How tall are you?

User avatar
LSATneurotic
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby LSATneurotic » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:04 pm

I drew a chart that plotted all of my PT scores. I set it on fire the night before the test...it was so liberating.

User avatar
KanGaHru
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby KanGaHru » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:05 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:Awwwe man! I missed all the PWing :'-(

And the height discussion. How tall are you?


5' 9 1/2" gotta count that half inch!

The Avatar
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby The Avatar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:37 pm

What are the chances of getting a 162+ after blowing that logic games badly?

flyingsnow
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby flyingsnow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Does anyone seriously consider retaking in Feb?

I'm kinda determined to retake unless I get a 170+ this December, which is somewhat unlikely though I'm still hoping that...
I think I'm fully prepared but didn't perform well yesterday. Feb will be my third take...I already have one and half years' gap after my master's degree....so Definitely don't want to wait for another year. I have the capacity to score in the high 170s range. But I really need to translate it into an official score even though I will have to take the test for the 3rd time!

Let's wait for the December score first. But let me know if you are interested. I'm in the DC area. I hope to have an ambitious study partner I could meet in person to discuss questions, passages, practice strategies, and more importantly, the mental battle!

ooh, by the way, I'm 5'6...girl...to continue the height discussion...

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:39 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:46 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Avatar
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby The Avatar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Dirigo wrote:
The Avatar wrote:What are the chances of getting a 162+ after blowing that logic games badly?

Uhh you tell us. It would depend on how you do in the other sections.


I felt pretty good about the other sections but you never really know with RC. My experimental was easier but the real one wasn't difficult either. One of the LR was quite easy, while the other had many difficult questions that I arrived at the correct answer to through a process of elimination. It was logic games that truly screwed me up because usually I'm around -1/-2 and got -2 in September. This time, I took so long in the rugs game 3, that I had no time for game 4 and essentially guessed on like 5 questions. I'm hoping to God I got a 162+ atleast as that is good enough to get me into my dream schools (in Canada).

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2695
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Shakawkaw » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Dirigo wrote:Just be like "ummm don't you want to brag that your son/daughter goes to Harvard and could be a future POTUS? Or do you not carrot all?!"

:mrgreen:


The pun game (and gif game) is strong with this one. :mrgreen:

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rhymes With Wolf
Posts: 870
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Rhymes With Wolf » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:52 pm

santoki y u no check pm and play hs wif me :< ?

jsingh914
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby jsingh914 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 pm

F
Last edited by jsingh914 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyingsnow
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby flyingsnow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:06 pm

jsingh914 wrote:For those who did not have an LR experimental - did you have an LR section that had multiple questions per stimulus? Kind of like in the older preptests?


Yes. I had. I'm pretty sure it's experimental

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby peppermint » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 pm

flyingsnow wrote:
jsingh914 wrote:For those who did not have an LR experimental - did you have an LR section that had multiple questions per stimulus? Kind of like in the older preptests?


Yes. I had. I'm pretty sure it's experimental

Wow, they're coming back? I wonder if we'll see any of those types in Feb

scandk
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby scandk » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:33 pm

lol on the bright side, at least I won't have time to anxiously worry about when I'll get my score, since finals are too busy smacking me around.

flyingsnow
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby flyingsnow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:42 pm

peppermint wrote:
flyingsnow wrote:
jsingh914 wrote:For those who did not have an LR experimental - did you have an LR section that had multiple questions per stimulus? Kind of like in the older preptests?


Yes. I had. I'm pretty sure it's experimental

Wow, they're coming back? I wonder if we'll see any of those types in Feb


looks like they may start to recycle old question types.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”