DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
35
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
9
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
8
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
14
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
115
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
10
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
5
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
28
13%
 
Total votes: 224

User avatar
pjanderson5
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:43 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby pjanderson5 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:25 pm

leslieknope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:6 hrs later, got some decent work done with my PS today :D


I'm doing the thing where I opened the doc and the emails from my proofreaders with revision notes and that feels like enough effort to count as accomplishing work. Congrats on not doing the thing. :?


lol I did the same thing today. Gonna try to smash through some optional essays tonight

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby flash21 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:37 pm

I dont know why but for LR I cannot even begin to guess how it went.. fuck. I know RC and LG was a shit show though, so comforting. I've had PT scores where LR saved the day .. please lord jesus!

Anyone got any ideas for part time / full time jobs if I need to re-write? Im pretty serious... coming outta UG is scary.

User avatar
peger
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby peger » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:38 pm

leslieknope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:6 hrs later, got some decent work done with my PS today :D


I'm doing the thing where I opened the doc and the emails from my proofreaders with revision notes and that feels like enough effort to count as accomplishing work. Congrats on not doing the thing. :?

Well, at least you did something. More than I can say for today...and yesterday...and the day before that.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby leslieknope » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:39 pm

What optional essays are you guys doing? I'm debating the utility of writing "Why X" essays, namely because my answer is almost universally "I think I can get in and you have good employment numbers" with an occasional "your location is cool because I want to work in this market," so my essays would basically be regurgitated crap from the website. I thought about doing a diversity statement but my diversity is that I immigrated as a kid (not URM) and I'm a first generation college student, which seems kind of blah.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2732
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby The Abyss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:39 pm

peger wrote:
leslieknope wrote:
dasani13 wrote:6 hrs later, got some decent work done with my PS today :D


I'm doing the thing where I opened the doc and the emails from my proofreaders with revision notes and that feels like enough effort to count as accomplishing work. Congrats on not doing the thing. :?

Well, at least you did something. More than I can say for today...and yesterday...and the day before that.


Things will be accomplished...tomorrow!

User avatar
peger
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby peger » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:41 pm

leslieknope wrote:What optional essays are you guys doing? I'm debating the utility of writing "Why X" essays, namely because my answer is almost universally "I think I can get in and you have good employment numbers" with an occasional "your location is cool because I want to work in this market," so my essays would basically be regurgitated crap from the website. I thought about doing a diversity statement but my diversity is that I immigrated as a kid (not URM) and I'm a first generation college student, which seems kind of blah.

I'm struggling with whether or not to write a diversity statement myself. On the one hand, I already clicked the ghey box, so they know. But on the other hand, I feel like being able to name every Real Housewife - including friends of - must count for something?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:42 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby dasani13 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 pm

leslieknope wrote:What optional essays are you guys doing? I'm debating the utility of writing "Why X" essays, namely because my answer is almost universally "I think I can get in and you have good employment numbers" with an occasional "your location is cool because I want to work in this market," so my essays would basically be regurgitated crap from the website. I thought about doing a diversity statement but my diversity is that I immigrated as a kid (not URM) and I'm a first generation college student, which seems kind of blah.


my PS is gonna touch on being an immigrant but yeah, that's how I feel about writing a DS about being a gay. like, how do I make it longer than a sentence?

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby leslieknope » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Dirigo wrote:
leslieknope wrote:What optional essays are you guys doing? I'm debating the utility of writing "Why X" essays, namely because my answer is almost universally "I think I can get in and you have good employment numbers" with an occasional "your location is cool because I want to work in this market," so my essays would basically be regurgitated crap from the website. I thought about doing a diversity statement but my diversity is that I immigrated as a kid (not URM) and I'm a first generation college student, which seems kind of blah.

Where are you applying?
Why X essays are really only necessary to protect against yield protection.


T-14. I guess there's no point in trying to figure out if I might get YP'd until I have an LSAT score, but my GPA is above 75th everywhere.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby leslieknope » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Also, the wifi in this coffee shop just died for like an hour and, having been forced work, I wrote a new paragraph for my PS, turned the outline of my Yale 250 into a (very) rough draft, and wrote a draft of a diversity statement that I can tinker with to see if I can get something I don't hate too much to submit. Score.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:23 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2732
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby The Abyss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm using my brush with my own mortality for my PS. It reads pretty corny to me, but it's the best story I have.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11942
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:43 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2732
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby The Abyss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Dirigo wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I'm using my brush with my own mortality for my PS. It reads pretty corny to me, but it's the best story I have.

Uhh....doesn't sound corny. It could be pretty darn good if done the right way.


Yeah, corny wasn't the right word. I just don't want pathos to overrun my PS. I want my PS to show why that event makes me a good/great law school candidate, and not seem pitiful. I'll get it there, just takes time and lots of drafts.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2732
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby The Abyss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:39 pm

In other news I finally received my Christmas gift, a set of Rogue 15 kg Kettlebells. They add a whole new level of pain to a workout.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Yeezus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:54 pm

How is everyone's wait/holidays going? I've been meaning to finish up my resume, which is the only thing left besides optional essays, but it's been hard, since my sister is visiting. Looks like people are already starting to obsess over gray day.

cmac2210
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby cmac2210 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:20 am

The Abyss wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I'm using my brush with my own mortality for my PS. It reads pretty corny to me, but it's the best story I have.

Uhh....doesn't sound corny. It could be pretty darn good if done the right way.


Yeah, corny wasn't the right word. I just don't want pathos to overrun my PS. I want my PS to show why that event makes me a good/great law school candidate, and not seem pitiful. I'll get it there, just takes time and lots of drafts.


Mines about how I saved the Iraqi judicial system... No joke.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:11 am

How many days since the last PW? We have so many new posters and I need my fix.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Oskosh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 am

Wait, so I'm considered a URM, but didn't write a diversity statement. However, my URM status factors into my personal statement, which is why I felt it would be redundant to write a "diversity statement." Good call or bad call?

cmac2210
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby cmac2210 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:00 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:How many days since the last PW? We have so many new posters and I need my fix.


http://imgur.com/fsGs8ED

User avatar
Clemenceau
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Clemenceau » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 am

Oskosh wrote:Wait, so I'm considered a URM, but didn't write a diversity statement. However, my URM status factors into my personal statement, which is why I felt it would be redundant to write a "diversity statement." Good call or bad call?


Several apps specifically say not to use optional essays for things that were already mentioned in your ps

So I say good call on your part.

rubberplant2020
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby rubberplant2020 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:49 am

flash21 wrote:I dont know why but for LR I cannot even begin to guess how it went.. fuck. I know RC and LG was a shit show though, so comforting. I've had PT scores where LR saved the day .. please lord jesus!

Anyone got any ideas for part time / full time jobs if I need to re-write? Im pretty serious... coming outta UG is scary.


Become a substitute teacher.

User avatar
notesfroma_i3
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby notesfroma_i3 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:27 am

YeezusPiece wrote:How is everyone's wait/holidays going? I've been meaning to finish up my resume, which is the only thing left besides optional essays, but it's been hard, since my sister is visiting. Looks like people are already starting to obsess over gray day.


I told myself I wouldn't get worked up about it. I let it go and enjoyed a relaxing winter vacation here in sunny Arizona as a satisfied December grad.

But then I found this forum..... and all composure and ease went to hell.

I want my score already and I keep having obnoxious nightmares about it.

User avatar
Smallville
Posts: 4738
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Smallville » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:40 am

went to sleep when y'all were at page 269, woke up, still 269... what is this :shock:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”