DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
35
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
9
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
8
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
14
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
115
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
10
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
5
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
28
13%
 
Total votes: 224

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:09 am

Schmelling you really need to visit the Feb thread

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby leslieknope » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:53 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:How about everybody post. Then we can neurotically talk about which schools we're gonna get into while people wait until the 2nd.

GPA: 3.98
PT Average/Previous LSAT scores: PTs ranged from 167-175 the last two weeks. Yeah. :x
Expected LSAT score: Literally no clue, my last PTs were so erratic and my estimation of how I did was so off in some of them that I just can't tell. 160s somewhere probably?
Goal schools: T14-Northwestern (no WE)+UCLA (regional for me).


God, GOD. Let's talk about something funner. What's everyone doing for New Year's?

User avatar
peppermint
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby peppermint » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:57 am

.
Last edited by peppermint on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:06 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:50 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
peger
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby peger » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:00 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by peger on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby adil91 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 pm

I just had a huge scare today. I spilled water on my laptop and my home screen wouldn't load, so I reset to original factory settings and now it's working, but now I don't have any of my documents or downloaded content :cry:

User avatar
Shakawkaw
Posts: 2701
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:04 pm

adil91 wrote:I just had a huge scare today. I spilled water on my laptop and my home screen wouldn't load, so I reset to original factory settings and now it's working, but now I don't have any of my documents or downloaded content :cry:


Dude, rookie move. You're supposed to turn off the device and wait. If you're using it while it's still wet, you are going to mess up the circuits. TURN IT OFF. NOW NOW!

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sofie4400
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Sofie4400 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:43 pm

GPA: 3.57 (will be lower once recalculated about a 3.5)
PT Average/Previous LSAT scores: PTs ranged 172-176
Expected LSAT score: Was feeling confident when I left the exam, maybe mid 170s, but that optimism has waned. Guessing 168-171.
Goal schools: T14, Cornell
Last edited by Sofie4400 on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:45 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sofie4400
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Sofie4400 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:52 pm

No I meant T14, especially Cornell. Cornell is where I want to go!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:54 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby adil91 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
adil91 wrote:I just had a huge scare today. I spilled water on my laptop and my home screen wouldn't load, so I reset to original factory settings and now it's working, but now I don't have any of my documents or downloaded content :cry:


Dude, rookie move. You're supposed to turn off the device and wait. If you're using it while it's still wet, you are going to mess up the circuits. TURN IT OFF. NOW NOW!


Nah dude I waited like 5-6 hours before I tried turning it on and off again

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:20 pm

Sofie4400 wrote:No I meant T14, especially Cornell. Cornell is where I want to go!


Right there with you! Cornell is my number one choice!

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby adil91 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:34 pm

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:No I meant T14, especially Cornell. Cornell is where I want to go!


Right there with you! Cornell is my number one choice!


Are you applying to UGA?

User avatar
MEAhrnsbrak
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:06 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby MEAhrnsbrak » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:48 pm

adil91 wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:No I meant T14, especially Cornell. Cornell is where I want to go!


Right there with you! Cornell is my number one choice!


Are you applying to UGA?


Yes, but only because they gave me a fee waiver. If I stay in the Atlanta area, the only school I would stay for is Emory. I bumped my PTs into the 170's, so even with my lower GPA I really think I have a strong chance at Cornell or even UVA. Ideally I get a 180 and get into NYU or Columbia, but I really do love Cornell. We will see what happens when the scores come out!

adil91
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby adil91 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:22 pm

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
adil91 wrote:
MEAhrnsbrak wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:No I meant T14, especially Cornell. Cornell is where I want to go!


Right there with you! Cornell is my number one choice!


Are you applying to UGA?


Yes, but only because they gave me a fee waiver. If I stay in the Atlanta area, the only school I would stay for is Emory. I bumped my PTs into the 170's, so even with my lower GPA I really think I have a strong chance at Cornell or even UVA. Ideally I get a 180 and get into NYU or Columbia, but I really do love Cornell. We will see what happens when the scores come out!

How'd you get a fee waiver? Was it because of your LSAT score?

atlas~sound
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby atlas~sound » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:44 pm

MEAhrnsbrak wrote:Yes, but only because they gave me a fee waiver. If I stay in the Atlanta area, the only school I would stay for is Emory. I bumped my PTs into the 170's, so even with my lower GPA I really think I have a strong chance at Cornell or even UVA. Ideally I get a 180 and get into NYU or Columbia, but I really do love Cornell. We will see what happens when the scores come out!


I'm in a similar boat. I'll stay the area for Emory or UGA if I get relatively good financial offers.

Concerning final grades for this semester, do you guys think it would be best to wait and update my transcript for a ~.05 bump? Or would a 2-3 week advantage in not waiting for Registrar and LSAC to process the update outweigh my slightly improved GPA? My PT's ranged from 163-176. GPA is my weakest point but not terrible. It's between the 25th and 50th percentile for most of my schools as it stands. However, I feel pretty confident I got a 166+ unless I made really stupid mistakes and the curve is not as generous as we expect.

2654815451
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby 2654815451 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I know this is late but congrats to PNJ.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:53 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atlas~sound
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby atlas~sound » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Dirigo wrote:
atlas~sound wrote:Concerning final grades for this semester, do you guys think it would be best to wait and update my transcript for a ~.05 bump? Or would a 2-3 week advantage in not waiting for Registrar and LSAC to process the update outweigh my slightly improved GPA? My PT's ranged from 163-176. GPA is my weakest point but not terrible. It's between the 25th and 50th percentile for most of my schools as it stands. However, I feel pretty confident I got a 166+ unless I made really stupid mistakes and the curve is not as generous as we expect.

When do grades come out?


Grades themselves have already come out, but they are not on the unofficial transcript yet. I am also ready to press "submit" on all of my apps and want to send them ASAP.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby Rigo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:03 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSATneurotic
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby LSATneurotic » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:25 pm

atlas~sound wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
atlas~sound wrote:Concerning final grades for this semester, do you guys think it would be best to wait and update my transcript for a ~.05 bump? Or would a 2-3 week advantage in not waiting for Registrar and LSAC to process the update outweigh my slightly improved GPA? My PT's ranged from 163-176. GPA is my weakest point but not terrible. It's between the 25th and 50th percentile for most of my schools as it stands. However, I feel pretty confident I got a 166+ unless I made really stupid mistakes and the curve is not as generous as we expect.

When do grades come out?


Grades themselves have already come out, but they are not on the unofficial transcript yet. I am also ready to press "submit" on all of my apps and want to send them ASAP.

First off, there's really no hurry. This cycle is going to be/has been slow. No one is applying to law school these days, so as long as you've got competitive numbers, you're good to go.

There's no harm in submitting your applications now. If you dont like your score/options, you can always wait until next year.

mike0331
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS (Score Release Poll is up!!)

Postby mike0331 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm just hoping a 168-172 is enough to compensate for a 3.2GPA

I guess time will tell.

Mike




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests