January 1st (Thursday)
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
13%

Total votes: 224

trippymickey

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby trippymickey » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:48 pm

flash21 wrote:I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WHEN I HAD REALIZED MY FIRST RC WAS EXPERIMENTAL AND IT WAS PROBABLY MY BEST SECTION ON THE TEST, ONLY TO TURN TO SECTION 5 AND SEE ANOTHER FUCKING RC

oops caps, too lazy to retype.

Same! Even though RC ended as my worst section (it was by best when I first started studying so I totally neglected it until the last few weeks of studying), I found the experimental RC to be fairly easy compared to the real thing.

LG was my first section, but I was PRAYING that my last section would be the REAL LG. I totally chocked on LG with the 3rd question. I actually thought the real LG section seemed to be moderately easy (aside from that dreadful 3rd game), super disappointed that I chocked on game 3 :x

Rhymes With Wolf

Postby Rhymes With Wolf » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Probably not applying this year, based on how I feel I did. Why the fuck was lg so easy, and yet so time consuming. I had it first and froze up, felt like I brute forced almost everything. Pretty much guessed on everything on the last game. Felt like I flew through lr, only flagged two to look at per section, but who knows.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 pm

trippymickey wrote:
flash21 wrote:I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WHEN I HAD REALIZED MY FIRST RC WAS EXPERIMENTAL AND IT WAS PROBABLY MY BEST SECTION ON THE TEST, ONLY TO TURN TO SECTION 5 AND SEE ANOTHER FUCKING RC

oops caps, too lazy to retype.

Same! Even though RC ended as my worst section (it was by best when I first started studying so I totally neglected it until the last few weeks of studying), I found the experimental RC to be fairly easy compared to the real thing.

LG was my first section, but I was PRAYING that my last section would be the REAL LG. I totally chocked on LG with the 3rd question. I actually thought the real LG section seemed to be moderately easy (aside from that dreadful 3rd game), super disappointed that I chocked on game 3 :x

+1

The EXP RC was the easiest of all time. I was praying that LG was section 5 cuz I struggled hardcore with the 1st one. Literally missed over 5 unless some entity shines his light on me

koala-fy

Postby koala-fy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:59 pm

santoki wrote:koala, i need to report that there was another TLSer amongst our midst. he had 30 black ticons and mentioned our December thread and the "circle scarf" comment to his buddy next to him at the exam. assuming that is not you...we have a lurker amongst our midst and he needs to show himself!

HAHAHA wait this made me lol. Good break from the current tears. No that wasn't me! I'm a she and I also barely spoke to anyone haha. Did you see the girl literally meditating outside the rooms? Cross legged and everything?

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Last edited by M.M. on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Aaannndd there's no chance that there was only 21 questions on an RC section right? ...Right?

gone west

Postby gone west » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

The consensus is that lawyers and cases was experimental.

Shakawkaw

Postby Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

koala-fy wrote:
santoki wrote:koala, i need to report that there was another TLSer amongst our midst. he had 30 black ticons and mentioned our December thread and the "circle scarf" comment to his buddy next to him at the exam. assuming that is not you...we have a lurker amongst our midst and he needs to show himself!

HAHAHA wait this made me lol. Good break from the current tears. No that wasn't me! I'm a she and I also barely spoke to anyone haha. Did you see the girl literally meditating outside the rooms? Cross legged and everything?

Omg I saw you!!! YOUR OUTFIT WAS SO CUTE.

koala-fy

Postby koala-fy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
koala-fy wrote:

Omg I saw you!!! YOUR OUTFIT WAS SO CUTE.

^^^ LOL to clarify it was NOT me doing the meditating. Just wondering if santoki saw it because it was pretty hard to miss

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 pm

yeah had LG first. honestly prayed for it to be my last section (so it would mean the first was experimental..), but if course it was RC. felt terrible

zoomlsat

Postby zoomlsat » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Can anyone tell me what the 2 comparative reading passages were for anyone who had the 2 RC sections? I don't remember the other topics, but I remember the comparative reading from both sections if anyone can help me determine what my experimental was that'd be sweet.

santoki

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gone west

Postby gone west » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Two comparative readings were about emotions and acting rationally.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:08 pm

zoomlsat wrote:Can anyone tell me what the 2 comparative reading passages were for anyone who had the 2 RC sections? I don't remember the other topics, but I remember the comparative reading from both sections if anyone can help me determine what my experimental was that'd be sweet.

one was about corporation capital during a recession? something like that

gone west

Postby gone west » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:09 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
zoomlsat wrote:Can anyone tell me what the 2 comparative reading passages were for anyone who had the 2 RC sections? I don't remember the other topics, but I remember the comparative reading from both sections if anyone can help me determine what my experimental was that'd be sweet.

one was about corporation capital during a recession? something like that

I only had one RC and my comp reading was about emotions and acting rationally.

LFCNY9

Postby LFCNY9 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:10 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Was the stealing thunder RC the real or experimental?

Hope everyone feels good about it xoxo bill

Just read the OP nvm

I think it was the exp. the exp RC was sooooo easy. Like literally one of the easiest I've ever had. I usually go -7 or 8 on RC but I might've missed 2 in that one. I finished in like 28 minutes and just looked around... But then when I turned to the other I was livid. Can't express my frustration. I'll never do that well on an RC again

Literally my exact experience with the RCs. I took educated guesses on at least 2-3 of the Mexican Am. passage, and at least 2 others.

Otherwise, I didn't find either LR to be particularly hard. The LG didn't throw up any surprising games necessarily, but 3 of them seemed to take pretty long and I was very rushed in final game (guessed on last 2 questions).

Oh, and on the final section (LR) I was at question 19 with 10 minutes to go, and our proctor announces there is 5 minutes remaining. Then she proceeds to just sit there without correcting herself despite another proctor whispering to her insinuating that she was wrong. I spent about a minute trying to get their attention/wondering whether it's possible that even if the proctor knew she was wrong, could she possibly not want to risk appearing incompetent and instead just sticking to her false 5 min remaining announcement? Or, alternatively, is it possible that my watch, despite being the one I've used for months of studying that has never once failed, has somehow just stopped working properly/did I somehow set it wrong? Moreover, why is no one else in the room looking up trying to correct her? Needless to say, these thoughts were not exactly conducive to thinking about LR arguments, and this really threw me off (even though we of course did have 8-9 mins remaining after the confusion or whatever it was, but I rushed regardless). I was quite furious, and think I missed at least one question, if not 2 as a result. I would write a formal complaint, but I wrote a complaint about my test center in September and don't want to overdo it on my record. Not to mention, it won't actually change my score or do anything to help me.

Anyway, there's my rant. Thinking -12. Long 3 weeks to go..

koala-fy

Postby koala-fy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 pm

santoki wrote:
koala-fy wrote:^^^ LOL to clarify it was NOT me doing the meditating. Just wondering if santoki saw it because it was pretty hard to miss

the heck?? guess i missed it. i just know the african american lady was sitting on the couch the whole time. maybe i missed it cause i was at the end in 3070

Hahaha she was so funny. can't believe you missed her..... and a girl got called out for having a good luck note from her mom. Did you hear the nova chants........they were toward the end of section 5 for us. It was really annoying

monadologist

Postby monadologist » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm

LR was easy, RC was easy, LG was UNREAL, omg I bombed it straight up guys. Guessed on G3 and G4 pretty much. Ugh.

santoki

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 pm

I can't believe how long it's gonna be until the scores are released. I feel like every other day I will go back and forth between complete assurance that i got a 180 and dead certainty that i scored the first 119.

gone west

Postby gone west » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Does anybody who had only two LG sections remember a question about the dinosaur that couldn't eat tree tops? Or the one about the bears pelvis? Trying to figure out if that was real or experimental.

Of the three LRs I had, I seem to recall:

LR1: Greek/roman columns/arches, grapefruit and medicine

LR2: dolphins and electric

LR3: dinsosaur that couldn't eat tree tops, bears pelvic structure.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Last edited by M.M. on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm

Last edited by M.M. on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 pm

monadologist wrote:LR was easy, RC was easy, LG was UNREAL, omg I bombed it straight up guys. Guessed on G3 and G4 pretty much. Ugh.

thank you poliwhirl. this is literally me. Except I think I got most of game 3 right and at least 2-3 on game 4. I educated guessed on a ton. I wish the LSAT had a bank of time to where you simply had to finish the whole test in 175 minutes, regardless of how much time you spend on each section. I finished every other section in like 32 minutes. I couldve freakin banked 9 more minutes into LG and gotten perfect lol

romano

Postby romano » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 pm

tpj070 wrote:
gone west wrote:What do you mean stages? Like within the production of each rug there were stages or stages in a different game? Either way, I don't recall any stages in any game.

One that had stage y and stage z and people movies or something performed on each stage one three different days.

I had two LGs. One with the stages (super easy) and the other didn't have the infamous rugs everyone is talking about (harder). (I took the LSAT outside US). What could this mean? Do exp sections get recycled worldwide?? (the other sections are not similar to what's mentioned here)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”