DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
35
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
9
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
8
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
14
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
115
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
10
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
5
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
28
13%
 
Total votes: 224

believeland
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby believeland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Joseph wrote:Did anyone else get this crazy hard (not actually that bad) LR section with a pharmaceutical company and their claim about melatonin? I think there was a question about two different species of fish and how they scrap algae too. I'm hoping that was my experimental


Nah, that wasn't experimental. I had that (my exp was LG)

User avatar
jw316
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Joseph wrote:Did anyone else get this crazy hard (not actually that bad) LR section with a pharmaceutical company and their claim about melatonin? I think there was a question about two different species of fish and how they scrap algae too. I'm hoping that was my experimental


Yup. I got that LR. So if the Han Purple/White isn't in that LR section then that and Han Purple/White are the 2 actual LR's

h3jk5h
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby h3jk5h » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm

flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??


I can relate. I didn't know how to diagram it, just didn't know what the game asked of me in general.

User avatar
jw316
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 pm

h3jk5h wrote:
flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??


I can relate. I didn't know how to diagram it, just didn't know what the game asked of me in general.


Like at all. Zero idea how to diagram/set it up and I definitely tried.

believeland
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby believeland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 pm

flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??


Yeah, I had to guess on two of the questions.

It didn't seem that tough, just time-intensive and I think I froze a little.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby dasani13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

h3jk5h wrote:
flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??


I can relate. I didn't know how to diagram it, just didn't know what the game asked of me in general.


there was a game in the 60s that was very similar to that one
Last edited by dasani13 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KanGaHru
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??


Yes. I'm very good at LG's. Usually -1, -0. I thought that was incredibly difficult. I guess it'll be a good curve since its a december test though. Everything was straightforward except for LG's. Also, I was a bit shaky cuz it was my 1st section. I usually finish my LG's in 30 minutes. Today, I guessed on one...

Also, I had the exp RC on section 3. I was SOOO happy because it was, by far, the easiest RC I had ever taken. When I saw it again section 5, I was pissed. But, the other one was pretty easy as well.

LG definitely will make this curve generous. I don't think there's any doubt it was harder than the one in September, and one of the harder, cumulative LG sections I've taken. I don't think that there were any easy ones besides the 2nd one. Not really any huge inferences to be made. However, I will say that I may find it harder than others because I misrepresented a rule in the 1st game.

Either way, I bet we see a -13,-14. We'll see what happens

User avatar
Wieters
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.

romano
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby romano » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Does anybody know if the middle east and US exam are similar? I keep seeing these weird games and topics.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby dasani13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:17 pm

KanGaHru wrote:RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!


That 3rd passage was so dense

User avatar
KanGaHru
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Time to sit back, relax, and do nothing for 3 weeks.

Image

Egzon
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Egzon » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm

In one of my LRs, there was a double question (one stimulus for two questions) I was like LSAc is doing a throwback now. Plus there was a question on Mozart that I had already seen in an earlier PT

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby BrazilBandit » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
Wieters wrote:Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.




No biorobotics was exp. (I think)


Biorobotics was experimental - Real RC had Perfume, Free Will Decisions, Stealing Thunder and Mexican - Americans - Not 100% sure about the order

OnionRose
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby OnionRose » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

LR - So easy, I had assumed it was the experimental, but the consensus here seems to indicate otherwise
LG - Easy, easy, average, hard. The one with artists threw me initially because the prompt before the rules was so similar to a game I had remembered practicing.
LR - Very hard. I hope you all are right about this being the experimental. Guessed on last 4, never have had to guess on a LR section.
RC - Average difficulty of passages and questions. Just SO many questions! Had to guess on last two. The perfume passage was pretty easy, but my eyes wouldn't stop rolling at the author which added difficulty.
LR - Average.

If the hard LR was the exp, I'm guessing a -11 curve.

User avatar
Wieters
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
Wieters wrote:Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.


No biorobotics was exp. (I think)


Okay, good to know.

Was the stealing thunder real? Comparative reading passage.

The other comparative reading passage I had was on interpreting literature. One passage (A) was short and talked about detective mysteries, other (B) was longer and used poetry as an example, but same general theme.

User avatar
LSATneurotic
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby LSATneurotic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Unless i am just way too confident, i really thought this test was standard. LG was a piece of cake, i almost thought it was experimental.

No more than -12 curve, take that to the bank

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby BrazilBandit » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Wieters wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:
Wieters wrote:Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.



No biorobotics was exp. (I think)


Okay, good to know.

Was the stealing thunder real? Comparative reading passage.

The other comparative reading passage I had was on interpreting literature. One passage (A) was short and talked about detective mysteries, other (B) was longer and used poetry as an example, but same general theme.



Stealing Thunder was real...

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby santoki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

guessing -19 curve

User avatar
KanGaHru
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

dasani13 wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!


That 3rd passage was so dense


I will honestly feel "ok" with even a -6 in RC. Last passage was the worst for me. (Which is horrible because I need a 180 or my wife is leaving me)

santoki wrote:guessing -19 curve


Bahahahaha +1
Last edited by KanGaHru on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby nlee10 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Was there more than 27 questions on RC this time?

Joseph
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 am

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby Joseph » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 pm

OnionRose wrote:LR - So easy, I had assumed it was the experimental, but the consensus here seems to indicate otherwise
LG - Easy, easy, average, hard. The one with artists threw me initially because the prompt before the rules was so similar to a game I had remembered practicing.
LR - Very hard. I hope you all are right about this being the experimental. Guessed on last 4, never have had to guess on a LR section.
RC - Average difficulty of passages and questions. Just SO many questions! Had to guess on last two. The perfume passage was pretty easy, but my eyes wouldn't stop rolling at the author which added difficulty.
LR - Average.

If the hard LR was the exp, I'm guessing a -11 curve.


Exact experience, but I think our 3rd and 5th sections (LR) were reversed. I was considering cancelling my score based on whether or not that section was experimental, but I guessed (literally did not bother reading the question or stimulus) 6 questions between LR and RC.

User avatar
jw316
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 pm

santoki wrote:guessing -19 curve


I wish! Haha. Let the church say "amen"




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JoshLyman13 and 8 guests