January 1st (Thursday)
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
13%

Total votes: 224

believeland

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Postby believeland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Joseph wrote:Did anyone else get this crazy hard (not actually that bad) LR section with a pharmaceutical company and their claim about melatonin? I think there was a question about two different species of fish and how they scrap algae too. I'm hoping that was my experimental

Nah, that wasn't experimental. I had that (my exp was LG)

jw316

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Joseph wrote:Did anyone else get this crazy hard (not actually that bad) LR section with a pharmaceutical company and their claim about melatonin? I think there was a question about two different species of fish and how they scrap algae too. I'm hoping that was my experimental

Yup. I got that LR. So if the Han Purple/White isn't in that LR section then that and Han Purple/White are the 2 actual LR's

h3jk5h

Postby h3jk5h » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm

flash21 wrote:Am I missing something? Did anyone else find that rug game hard??

I can relate. I didn't know how to diagram it, just didn't know what the game asked of me in general.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 pm

h3jk5h wrote:

I can relate. I didn't know how to diagram it, just didn't know what the game asked of me in general.

Like at all. Zero idea how to diagram/set it up and I definitely tried.

believeland

Postby believeland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Yeah, I had to guess on two of the questions.

It didn't seem that tough, just time-intensive and I think I froze a little.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

h3jk5h wrote:

there was a game in the 60s that was very similar to that one
Last edited by dasani13 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KanGaHru

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes. I'm very good at LG's. Usually -1, -0. I thought that was incredibly difficult. I guess it'll be a good curve since its a december test though. Everything was straightforward except for LG's. Also, I was a bit shaky cuz it was my 1st section. I usually finish my LG's in 30 minutes. Today, I guessed on one...

Also, I had the exp RC on section 3. I was SOOO happy because it was, by far, the easiest RC I had ever taken. When I saw it again section 5, I was pissed. But, the other one was pretty easy as well.

LG definitely will make this curve generous. I don't think there's any doubt it was harder than the one in September, and one of the harder, cumulative LG sections I've taken. I don't think that there were any easy ones besides the 2nd one. Not really any huge inferences to be made. However, I will say that I may find it harder than others because I misrepresented a rule in the 1st game.

Either way, I bet we see a -13,-14. We'll see what happens

Wieters

Postby Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.

romano

Postby romano » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Does anybody know if the middle east and US exam are similar? I keep seeing these weird games and topics.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:17 pm

KanGaHru wrote:RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!

That 3rd passage was so dense

KanGaHru

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Time to sit back, relax, and do nothing for 3 weeks.

Egzon

Postby Egzon » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:18 pm

In one of my LRs, there was a double question (one stimulus for two questions) I was like LSAc is doing a throwback now. Plus there was a question on Mozart that I had already seen in an earlier PT

BrazilBandit

Postby BrazilBandit » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
Wieters wrote:Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Thought the first RC was tougher but that I did was more engaged on it. Oh well.

LG seemed easy and much like September. First two games were very easy, and then photographers/artists were harder but nothing unreasonable. Seems like LSAT is trending toward four games that are manageable if you budget time appropriately, but a problem if you take too long on any one game. This in contrast to older LSATs where you had one pattern/visual game that was wtf.

Both LRs seemed toughest of all sections. Again like September, a bunch of questions where the right answer was just the best of the worst. 26 question LR was breezy through the first 15 but then difficult in the last 11.

Btw, on each LR there was am evaluate question. Most prep books say these only appear once every few LSATs. Really put me off because I don't really have a strategy for those.

No biorobotics was exp. (I think)

Biorobotics was experimental - Real RC had Perfume, Free Will Decisions, Stealing Thunder and Mexican - Americans - Not 100% sure about the order

OnionRose

Postby OnionRose » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

LR - So easy, I had assumed it was the experimental, but the consensus here seems to indicate otherwise
LG - Easy, easy, average, hard. The one with artists threw me initially because the prompt before the rules was so similar to a game I had remembered practicing.
LR - Very hard. I hope you all are right about this being the experimental. Guessed on last 4, never have had to guess on a LR section.
RC - Average difficulty of passages and questions. Just SO many questions! Had to guess on last two. The perfume passage was pretty easy, but my eyes wouldn't stop rolling at the author which added difficulty.
LR - Average.

If the hard LR was the exp, I'm guessing a -11 curve.

Wieters

Postby Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
Wieters wrote:Based on what has been posted, we can confirm that Mexican-Americans/perfume was the real RC. Regarding the last two in that section, I think they were on biorobotics and stealing thunder in courtrooms?

Okay, good to know.

Was the stealing thunder real? Comparative reading passage.

The other comparative reading passage I had was on interpreting literature. One passage (A) was short and talked about detective mysteries, other (B) was longer and used poetry as an example, but same general theme.

LSATneurotic

Postby LSATneurotic » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Unless i am just way too confident, i really thought this test was standard. LG was a piece of cake, i almost thought it was experimental.

No more than -12 curve, take that to the bank

BrazilBandit

Postby BrazilBandit » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Wieters wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:

Okay, good to know.

Was the stealing thunder real? Comparative reading passage.

The other comparative reading passage I had was on interpreting literature. One passage (A) was short and talked about detective mysteries, other (B) was longer and used poetry as an example, but same general theme.

Stealing Thunder was real...

santoki

Postby santoki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

guessing -19 curve

KanGaHru

Postby KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

dasani13 wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:RC felt like it destroyed me!!! Good thing I destroyed every other question on the test!

That 3rd passage was so dense

I will honestly feel "ok" with even a -6 in RC. Last passage was the worst for me. (Which is horrible because I need a 180 or my wife is leaving me)

santoki wrote:guessing -19 curve

Bahahahaha +1
Last edited by KanGaHru on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Was there more than 27 questions on RC this time?

Joseph

Postby Joseph » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 pm

OnionRose wrote:LR - So easy, I had assumed it was the experimental, but the consensus here seems to indicate otherwise
LG - Easy, easy, average, hard. The one with artists threw me initially because the prompt before the rules was so similar to a game I had remembered practicing.
LR - Very hard. I hope you all are right about this being the experimental. Guessed on last 4, never have had to guess on a LR section.
RC - Average difficulty of passages and questions. Just SO many questions! Had to guess on last two. The perfume passage was pretty easy, but my eyes wouldn't stop rolling at the author which added difficulty.
LR - Average.

If the hard LR was the exp, I'm guessing a -11 curve.

Exact experience, but I think our 3rd and 5th sections (LR) were reversed. I was considering cancelling my score based on whether or not that section was experimental, but I guessed (literally did not bother reading the question or stimulus) 6 questions between LR and RC.

jw316

Postby jw316 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:24 pm

santoki wrote:guessing -19 curve

I wish! Haha. Let the church say "amen"

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”