DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
13%

Total votes: 224

Freekee

New

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Post by Freekee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:05 pm

yes. I remember these. Do you remember which LR section these were in?

Bigfish41 wrote:
cavalier2015 wrote:there was another question regarding something about artists and rarity. and something about labotory rats and being unhealthy/healthy. any confirmations?
I remember the former vaguely, and remember having the latter

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Dirigo wrote: I remember my first LR being cake.
LG was awful. Ugh. Hoping I'm lucky and some guesses go my way.
RC experimental was really great and I felt awesome until the very next section was the real RC. Who knows how I did on that one.
LR2 was harder and I ran out of time and just randomly guessed on one long question I had skipped. Oh well.
This is exactly how my test went for me, Rigo. Those 3 or so long ones towards the end of LR2 were such a time suck!

Bigfish41

Bronze

Post by Bigfish41 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Hey OP next poll, can you make on the test release date?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:09 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

santoki

Silver

Post removed.

Post by santoki » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kezaron

New

Post by Kezaron » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to vent some frustration... I totally bombed the LG with the campus photographers. With six questions left, I pretty much guessed on 3 and said C for the last 3, so I'm assuming that's -6 right there... I also had a rough time on LR2 after coming back from the break. I had a 170 back in September and was retaking in hopes of getting a 172 or better, but now I'm hoping to just not do substantially much worse. I have gotten above a 175 on practice tests recently, so I may have done well on the remaining sections. Thus I don't want to cancel, but I know I'm capable then doing better than I did. ARGH! I was hoping for YHS, but that's probably out of the question now. :? So frustrated right now.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Kezaron wrote:I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to vent some frustration... I totally bombed the LG with the campus photographers. With six questions left, I pretty much guessed on 3 and said C for the last 3, so I'm assuming that's -6 right there... I also had a rough time on LR2 after coming back from the break. I had a 170 back in September and was retaking in hopes of getting a 172 or better, but now I'm hoping to just not do substantially much worse. I have gotten above a 175 on practice tests recently, so I may have done well on the remaining sections. Thus I don't want to cancel, but I know I'm capable then doing better than I did. ARGH! I was hoping for YHS, but that's probably out of the question now. :? So frustrated right now.
Welcome to the fold.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:You know what's depressing? Having a 4.10+ GPA and knowing it doesn't matter one bit because of the LSAT.
Yes, but trust me its worse to have a 2.9 set in stone for life and know that you have to get a 171+ to have even a snowballs chance at a T14!

GrangerDanger

New

Post by GrangerDanger » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

I literally should not troll around these boards, y'all give me anxiety with your LSAT knowledge!
Everyone being worried about LG is making me worried now. LGs are my strong points, and my first section was the experimental LG (which I thought was harder than the one being counted?), but I didn't really find them as hard as the September games, which again I had the experimental for. And the RC wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either. Which is slightly freaking me out because now I'm thinking I just numbed myself to everything and horribly bombed...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Dirigo wrote:Yeah that last game threw me. I just wasn't understanding something fully. I doubt it will be hard when I look at it again when the test is released. In the moment, I just dropped the ball. Ugh.
WorldsCollide wrote: You're set on not applying this cycle, then?
It's looking that way more and more. I don't want to apply with a score that I don't feel accurately reflects me as an applicant, and February is super late in the game.
I'll think about it more this week and see if I have it in me to work on applications and/or pick up the books again and get ready for my retake. I was thinking about waiting until June.
I took PT71 a couple days ago but didn't grade it because I didn't want to kill my confidence. I'll grade that and see how I did. If it is in a 168+ I may keep at it for February.

I'm going to go get some Ben & Jerry's and relax tonight.
I'm applying this cycle to 12 T-14s... anticipating WL and rejections if my score isn't higher for December. If I get in anywhere, I'm going. If not, then I'll take the September 2015 LSAT and apply for next cycle. (And then TRAVEL... which is probably the worst thing I can do as far as my mom is concerned who is trying to convince me to apply to a safe school and then try and "transfer" to a better school.)

Bigfish41

Bronze

Post by Bigfish41 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Kezaron wrote:I'm mostly a lurker, but I had to vent some frustration... I totally bombed the LG with the campus photographers. With six questions left, I pretty much guessed on 3 and said C for the last 3, so I'm assuming that's -6 right there... I also had a rough time on LR2 after coming back from the break. I had a 170 back in September and was retaking in hopes of getting a 172 or better, but now I'm hoping to just not do substantially much worse. I have gotten above a 175 on practice tests recently, so I may have done well on the remaining sections. Thus I don't want to cancel, but I know I'm capable then doing better than I did. ARGH! I was hoping for YHS, but that's probably out of the question now. :? So frustrated right now.
Why not sit out this cycle and retake either Feb/June, you even said that you're capable of doing better. I mean how set were you on YHS?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:16 pm

KanGaHru wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:You know what's depressing? Having a 4.10+ GPA and knowing it doesn't matter one bit because of the LSAT.
Yes, but trust me its worse to have a 2.9 set in stone for life and know that you have to get a 171+ to have even a snowballs chance at a T14!
Yeah, I understand that. Like... I could keep retaking the LSAT until I do well enough and I'll still have my GPA. But it's so frustrating to know that your 2.9 with a 170+ will get you into places that will reject my GPA if my LSAT remains in the low 160s.

GrangerDanger

New

Post by GrangerDanger » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GrangerDanger wrote:I literally should not troll around these boards, y'all give me anxiety with your LSAT knowledge!
Everyone being worried about LG is making me worried now. LGs are my strong points, and my first section was the experimental LG (which I thought was harder than the one being counted?), but I didn't really find them as hard as the September games, which again I had the experimental for. And the RC wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either. Which is slightly freaking me out because now I'm thinking I just numbed myself to everything and horribly bombed...
Nah! Don't let the TLS neuroticism get to you. In a day this thread take a Xanax and start having fun!
God don't I wish. I have 4 finals on Monday, this exam could not have come at a worse time! I'm just hoping they release scores in December so I can send my apps in stat!

Bigfish41

Bronze

Post by Bigfish41 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Xanax makes me sleepy, plus you can't drink :mrgreen:

portmanteaux

New

Post by portmanteaux » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Does anyone rememeber how many questions were on the last lg game?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DivineJustice

New

Post by DivineJustice » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm still beating my head over that grapefruit juice question and one of the last questions in the 4th game....=/ That and I don't even want to think about how bad the RC could be (or how good maybe)

I really need to grab a few beers.

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 pm

Dirigo wrote:
GrangerDanger wrote:I literally should not troll around these boards, y'all give me anxiety with your LSAT knowledge!
Nah! Don't let the TLS neuroticism get to you. In a day this thread take a Xanax and start having fun!
Yes, But until then...

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 pm

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 pm

GrangerDanger wrote: God don't I wish. I have 4 finals on Monday, this exam could not have come at a worse time! I'm just hoping they release scores in December so I can send my apps in stat!
THIS so much.
Only my exam week is in a week so I've got time.
But I got sick on Sunday and have been trying to recover before the test. I've had a splitting headache since walking out the test. <-- sucky way to spend the day instead of celebrating.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

melrod88

New

Post by melrod88 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:20 pm

This is my first post so I'll chime in!

LG-Finished 3/4 games with relative ease...big improvement since I could use to not finish 1 and only finishing 2 in practice...the 3rd one (rug game?) had me like :?:
LR-Pretty easy, had to guess on last 3
RC-I had a hard time with this one, had to finish the last passage in less than 5 mins. Luckily for me it's not scored YAY!
LR-I can't really distinguish from 1st, I'm sorta autopilot through these
RC-Relatively easy, great topic choices! I was engaged and did finish in time! REDEMPTION!

I feel really confident with this test, moreso than my practice ones...i think my elevator finally reached some of the top floors today! Good luck everyone!
Last edited by melrod88 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flowr

New

Post by Flowr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Hey everyone!! I only had one LG section and it was rugs, watercolour, photographers and musicians.. But I remember it only being 23 questions and not 24.. Can someone confirm please!? :)

cavalier2015

Bronze

Post by cavalier2015 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Freekee wrote:yes. I remember these. Do you remember which LR section these were in?

Bigfish41 wrote:
cavalier2015 wrote:there was another question regarding something about artists and rarity. and something about labotory rats and being unhealthy/healthy. any confirmations?
I remember the former vaguely, and remember having the latter
i wish i remembered which sections. i felt my first and second LR sections were a breeze and the LR3 fucked me over hard. I had 5 mins left when i got to the last 2 pages and the each question was so fucking LONG! I am still hoping that it was LR1 and LR2 that counted haha.

but if i had to guess i think each was from LR1 and LR2. did you have 3LR or only 2?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”