DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
13%

Total votes: 224

Wieters

Bronze

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Post by Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Is the curve really generated beforehand? Crikey, that doesn't seem to make much sense. How do they equivocate? They must have some sort of focus group. Why not make that focus group the actual test takers? If they're not creating a curve, why in the hell do they take 4 weeks to publish results?

If this is true, though, ilikebaseball is probably going to be dead-on again about the curve being -13/-14 as the LSAC probably has tendencies like any other person/institution.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

portmanteaux

New

Post by portmanteaux » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Wieters wrote:Is the curve really generated beforehand? Crikey, that doesn't seem to make much sense. How do they equivocate? They must have some sort of focus group. Why not make that focus group the actual test takers? If they're not creating a curve, why in the hell do they take 4 weeks to publish results?

If this is true, though, ilikebaseball is probably going to be dead-on again about the curve being -13/-14 as the LSAC probably has tendencies like any other person/institution.
I think they use the experimentals to predict how test takers will perform?

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Wieters wrote:Is the curve really generated beforehand? Crikey, that doesn't seem to make much sense. How do they equivocate? They must have some sort of focus group. Why not make that focus group the actual test takers? If they're not creating a curve, why in the hell do they take 4 weeks to publish results?

Improper use of equivocate

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Kan, your kitty pics get me every time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Kan, your kitty pics get me every time.
They exist solely to bring you smiles :)

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:36 pm

KanGaHru wrote:

Caught me, red-handed. Equate, obviously.

Thanks for the responses and link otherwise. I still don't quite understand how they take so long to publish results, though. I understand this isn't a pass/fail test, but the wait still seems unnecessarily long. Apart from the curve, everything else they release to us seems pretty academic. You would think they could scan answer sheets/writing samples and put people into percentages in less time than a month.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 pm

KanGaHru wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Kan, your kitty pics get me every time.
They exist solely to bring you smiles :)
:mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

laws23180

New

Post by laws23180 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:39 pm

there were so many ridiculously hot bitches in my testing room that i sorta stopped caring about the exam

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 pm

laws23180 wrote:there were so many ridiculously hot bitches in my testing room that i sorta stopped caring about the exam
Ha. At some point during the exam, I remember thinking "I am definitely pretty than all these girls". (like 5)
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:43 pm

laws23180 wrote:there were so many ridiculously hot bitches in my testing room that i sorta stopped caring about the exam
My room was a sausage fest.

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Wieters wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:

Thanks for the responses and link otherwise. I still don't quite understand how they take so long to publish results, though. I understand this isn't a pass/fail test, but the wait still seems unnecessarily long. Apart from the curve, everything else they release to us seems pretty academic. You would think they could scan answer sheets/writing samples and put people into percentages in less time than a month.
I completely agree with you. The only reason I can think of for why they take so long is that they are looking at test taker response statistics and then meticulously go over every question and answer to see if they want to remove any of the questions from grading (which they sometimes do). They probably have multiple people doing this and then they debate all the questions that are candidates for possible grading removal. (Just my crazy conspiracy theory, but still think it takes too long!)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:44 pm

KanGaHru wrote:
Wieters wrote:
I completely agree with you. The only reason I can think of for why they take so long is that they are looking at test taker response statistics and then meticulously go over every question and answer to see if they want to remove any of the questions from grading (which they sometimes do). They probably have multiple people doing this and then they debate all the questions that are candidates for possible grading removal. (Just my crazy conspiracy theory, but still think it takes too long!)
Or they own the monopoly and can do whatever the hell they want...
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier2015

Bronze

Post by cavalier2015 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:47 pm

so i just read that on LR the last few tend to be E (if you were to randomly guess), LG is A and RC is D… which i had seen this before

SupremaLex

New

Post by SupremaLex » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:48 pm

literarylawyer wrote:
koala-fy wrote:
literarylawyer wrote: LG - DEATH. Sped through the first two, which were fine, but then skipped to the fourth b/c it had 8 questions....didn't finish the 4th or the 3rd. SO frustrated.

Essentially finished LG, thinking "THAT WAS EXPERIMENTAL" over and over again...until I reached LR3 and all my hopes withered away...
I had the same test and all of this was TOTALLY me. Especially the praying for it to be experimental only to find that last LR waiting for me. Such a let down
And that's exactly how I felt when I lurked through all 16 pages and saw your post.

Also...a pretty unabashed loathing for anyone who said LG was easy...but I take some of it back, because a lot of the "LG - easy" people said RC was hard. So maybe it's a strengths & weaknesses trade-off.
THIS!!! I bombed LG, thought RC was somewhat dense but nothing too crazy. But then again, unlike a lot of people, RC never came too difficult for me, whereas LG has always been much more of a battle for me.

Freekee

New

Post by Freekee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Does anyone remember any "e" answers in the rug or photography game?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:49 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:
Wieters wrote:
Or they own the monopoly and can do whatever the hell they want...
Haha good point wifey! I forgot how leisurely a monopoly can be.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Last edited by mist4bison on Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Freekee wrote:Does anyone remember any "e" answers in the rug or photography game?
Can't discuss this.

tommypickles

New

Post by tommypickles » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Last edited by tommypickles on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

portmanteaux

New

Post by portmanteaux » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:00 pm

tommypickles wrote:
I have a feeling the curve will definitely be at least -13, but I really think the curve will be -14. Especially since the December curve is usually about -13, last year's December test (PT 71) was -14 and this year's June test was also a -13 and June usually has the tightest curve. And due to the difficult time consuming games and the harder second LR section and that it would be beneficial for all of us.
Seriously hope so!!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:04 pm

I had never felt this feeling before. I could tear my heartbeat in my ears. My stomach felt like it was going to fall out my butt. I had this lump in my throat like after you dry-swallow a big pill. I hated LSAC. I hated her!

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:05 pm

mist4bison wrote:
Wieters wrote:
KanGaHru wrote:

1) If there are weather related cancellations to any test center anywhere, that adds on 2 weeks.
2) Data processing--scanning all that shit in
3) Cancellations, complaints being called in, reports filed by proctors at TCs
4) Cheating review
5) I believe they wait until the LSAT is administered at all international locations, which can be a while afterward

ETA: Oh, also mail time from TC to LSAC
Yeah, I suppose these are all considerations.

I don't have a point of reference re. other standardized tests to know whether the LSAC takes particularly long, but wah.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”