DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

When will scores be released?

December 29th (Monday) or earlier
16%
December 30th (Tuesday)
4%
December 31st (Wednesday)
4%
January 1st (Thursday)
6%
January 2nd (Friday)
51%
January 3rd (Saturday)
4%
January 4th (Sunday)
2%
January 5th (Monday, Official Due-by Date)
13%

Total votes: 224

Rigo

Diamond

Re: DECEMBER 2014 WAITERS

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:02 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Also considering we're talking about Philly here, if you're in the area then you have easy access to Amish country, which has plentiful raw, grass-fed milk.

jw316

Silver

Post by jw316 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Wieters wrote:
koala-fy wrote:
Rhymes With Wolf wrote:
Dirigo wrote:Cuz rabbit stew was served that evening.
You read my mind, I just didn't want to say it lol.

I was also thinking to myself, "what if the milk killed them?" Then I googled baby rabbits + cow milk. I got some bad news santoki...
:shock: Santoki.....

You know, even humans aren't supposed to drink cow's milk. It's actually pretty bad for us. And for the poor baby cows who the milk is actually for. :(

This map shows lactose intolerance by country. If you're Northern European, like the taste of milk and don't feel any adverse affects then you're probably fine. Perhaps even better considering how full of good stuff milk is. Raw, grass-fed milk at least.
My people come from one of the navy blue shaded areas. Still say fuck it because chocolate milk(shakes) are a gift from the creator

jw316

Silver

Post by jw316 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 pm

santoki wrote:
Wieters wrote: Image

This map shows lactose intolerance by country. If you're Northern European, like the taste of milk and don't feel any adverse affects then you're probably fine. Perhaps even better considering how full of good stuff milk is. Raw, grass-fed milk at least.
Lol

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Rhymes With Wolf wrote:But hormone infused milk spares me the added expense of having to purchase HGH. :?
Ahem. There are no added hormones in milk sold in the US. rBST was the synthetic form of a hormone that cows already produce and the hormone doesn't show up in the milk anyway. But producers have completely stopped using it because of public concern. Now if you get reconstituted milk from Mexico, through Sam's or Walmart, I can't tell you what's in that. But milk is quite rigorously tested and the only difference between raw and not, is that it hasn't been pasturized (heated to a high temp quickly and cooled back down) and sometimes homogonized (pushed through a screen that breaks up fat globules).
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

koala-fy

Silver

Post by koala-fy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah, but so many people are lactose-intolerant because it's just not normal for humans to drink milk. Like, we wouldn't drink a tiger's milk, right? But we drink cow's milk? So strange. It has good stuff in it but it can actually, weirdly, contribute to osteoporosis. I prefer to get my calcium elsewhere :mrgreen:

ETA: There was even an LR question about this once. LSAC knows. :lol:

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:08 pm

koala-fy wrote:Yeah, but so many people are lactose-intolerant because it's just not normal for humans to drink milk. Like, we wouldn't drink a tiger's milk, right? But we drink cow's milk? So strange. It has good stuff in it but it can actually, weirdly, contribute to osteoporosis. I prefer to get my calcium elsewhere :mrgreen:

Whats the deal with almond milk? I've heard from some people that it's not good for guys...

peppermint

Gold

Post by peppermint » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Last edited by peppermint on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:10 pm

koala-fy wrote:Yeah, but so many people are lactose-intolerant because it's just not normal for humans to drink milk. Like, we wouldn't drink a tiger's milk, right? But we drink cow's milk? So strange. It has good stuff in it but it can actually, weirdly, contribute to osteoporosis. I prefer to get my calcium elsewhere :mrgreen:

In Africa, tribes that are lactose-intolerant add cow urine to the milk and let it rest for a few days to break down the sugars so that they can digest it. This tells me that people have been drinking milk for a very long time and obviously get a large enough benefit from it to make that worth it.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

koala-fy

Silver

Post by koala-fy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:11 pm

nlee10 wrote:

Whats the deal with almond milk? I've heard from some people that it's not good for guys...
Hmm I don't know I've never heard that. I really only use milk when I make French toast, and then I use almond milk for that. There's also coconut milk.

Now I want French toast........

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:11 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Rhymes With Wolf wrote:But hormone infused milk spares me the added expense of having to purchase HGH. :?
Ahem. There are no added hormones in milk sold in the US. rBST was the synthetic form of a hormone that cows already produce and the hormone doesn't show up in the milk anyway. But producers have completely stopped using it because of public concern. Now if you get reconstituted milk from Mexico, through Sam's or Walmart, I can't tell you what's in that. But milk is quite rigorously tested and the only difference between raw and not, is that it hasn't been pasturized (heated to a high temp quickly and cooled back down) and sometimes homogonized (pushed through a screen that breaks up fat globules).
Technically, maybe, but raw milk is usually indicative. Industrial operations don't produce raw milk, small ones do. Small ones (especially those who are going out of their way to produce raw milk) are more inclined to raise their livestock more holistically.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:13 pm

peppermint wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

Idk about almond milk for dudes, but I have heard that soy milk is bad for y'all b/c it increases estrogen production (or something like that)
hmm, maybe I got the two mixed up. I only drink almond milk on the daily because it's low calories and it fits into my macros. :oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rhymes With Wolf

Silver

Post by Rhymes With Wolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:13 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Ahem. There are no added hormones in milk sold in the US.
I know, I was keeeedding. I'm a huge milk proponent. :wink:

Wieters

Bronze

Post by Wieters » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm

nlee10 wrote:

Not sure why this would be the case as it's not qualitatively different from an almond. Almond milk (without anything added) is just almonds blended with water and then put through a sieve or fifteen to get rid of the pulp.

If the brand of almond milk then has a ton of ingredients added to sweeten/preserve/color then it's a different ballgame, but at a fundamental level it's no different than almonds.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm

IsThisForReal

Gold

Post by IsThisForReal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Wieters wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:
Technically, maybe, but raw milk is usually indicative. Industrial operations don't produce raw milk, small ones do. Small ones (especially those who are going out of their way to produce raw milk) are more inclined to raise their livestock more holistically.
Ha. No. Go visit a dairy. Cows will not produce enough milk to be financially beneficial if you don't treat them well. In robotic parlors where cows are given the choice of when and how often to be milked they end up going like 6 times a day. The main reason farmers do organic or raw anything is because they know people will pay crazy amount for it. It is the biggest pain in the ass to get certified. And most of it doesn't even make sense.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Last edited by Rigo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

koala-fy

Silver

Post by koala-fy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:

In Africa, tribes that are lactose-intolerant add cow urine to the milk and let it rest for a few days to break down the sugars so that they can digest it. This tells me that people have been drinking milk for a very long time and obviously get a large enough benefit from it to make that worth it.
There's definitely benefits to it, obviously. There's just also a lot of research on why it's unnecessary. I mean, don't get me wrong, I eat ice cream all the time. I am a very pro-ice cream. I just like having something to say when people give me crap about not drinking milk hahaha

KanGaHru

Bronze

Post by KanGaHru » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 pm

If tiger's milk were an option, it would be all I'd drink!

koala-fy

Silver

Post by koala-fy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Dirigo wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Is this literally a conversation about milk or are you carefully using euphemisms to avoid getting lounged?
Tits.
Ugh is it that obvious??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jw316

Silver

Post by jw316 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:18 pm

smccgrey wrote:Is this literally a conversation about milk or are you carefully using euphemisms to avoid getting lounged?
Lmaoooo. Grey is like "wtf are we talkin about milk or miiiiiiilk" :wink:

Rhymes With Wolf

Silver

Post by Rhymes With Wolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 pm

I think I'd have done better on Saturday had I been breastfed for longer. I hope we start selling human breastmilk here so that I can include it in my retake prep.

koala-fy

Silver

Post by koala-fy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 pm

jw316 wrote:
Lmaoooo. Grey is like "wtf are we talkin about milk or miiiiiiilk" :wink:
In this case I sound like a huge prude :lol: :lol: :lol:

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Wieters wrote:
nlee10 wrote:

Not sure why this would be the case as it's not qualitatively different from an almond. Almond milk (without anything added) is just almonds blended with water and then put through a sieve or fifteen to get rid of the pulp.

If the brand of almond milk then has a ton of ingredients added to sweeten/preserve/color then it's a different ballgame, but at a fundamental level it's no different than almonds.
thank you oh milk expert. I will continue to drink my 30 calorie almond milk. :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”