Should I study a bit on Friday?

Should I study a bit on Friday?

Postby M.M. » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:24 am

I was thinking of doing maybe an LR section and an LG or two just to keep my mind sharp, doing them about midday after work so that I have almost 24 hours for my mind to rest. Part of this is that somehow I'm all of a sudden getting better at LG after AGES of not getting better at it, and it seems to attenuate quite a bit when I don't practice it, and part of this is just because I want to ... but should I give my brain a full 36 or so hours break (I'll be PTing tomorrow morning and doing 2 timed sections tomorrow night)? Does it matter? I've heard muscles generally require 48 hours of recovery time to perform best but a. I've felt this to be disproven in my own gym experience and b. the brain is obviously different. Give me your 2 cents on this please.

Re: Should I study a bit on Friday?

Postby hillz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:29 pm

I took off two or so days before my test and I think it really helped me. Doing a section or two won't hurt you, but you might consider only doing half sections. I also did a quick warm up on the morning of test.

Postby Wasr » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm doing a couple of timed sections today and some light drilling tomorrow but that's it. At this point studying is kind of making me anxious so I think it might be better to focus on keeping the stress levels down. I just picked up a new book so I'm planning on starting that to keep my mind occupied. I'm interested to see what others think though.

Postby MattM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 pm

I would say maybe do an old section on test day before the exam starts but with one caveat.

Make sure it is a section that you have done somewhat recently and / or did really well on

I would do it just so the first LSAT questions you see on that day aren't the real ones, get in a rhythm and to give a confidence booster

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”