Logic Game rule Help

theleastdiverse

Logic Game rule Help

Postby theleastdiverse » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Hey guys,

I've been prepping a ton for this december exam but theres consistently one type of rule that trips me up.

Idk if I'm over thinking it or what, but the solutions don't make sense based on my interpretation.

Best example.

PT 66 ... Section 3... Game 4.

The rule in question: Exactly two of the traditional pieces are performed consecutively.

Wouldn't this imply that you couldn't have three traditional pieces in a row? Because then more then two would be performed consecutively? This is how I interpretted the rule and it yielded me unable to answer some questions.

There are similar rules on other games that throw me off.

Thanks for your help!

franny90

Re: Logic Game rule Help

Postby franny90 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Correct - you can only have two "traditionals" in a row. In this case, since one is in slot 3, that means the TT's can either go 2-3 or 3-4.

When in doubt, watch the 7sage video. He explains this at 3:30 http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat ... -3-game-4/

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 pm

theleastdiverse wrote:Hey guys,

I've been prepping a ton for this december exam but theres consistently one type of rule that trips me up.

Idk if I'm over thinking it or what, but the solutions don't make sense based on my interpretation.

Best example.

PT 66 ... Section 3... Game 4.

The rule in question: Exactly two of the traditional pieces are performed consecutively.

Wouldn't this imply that you couldn't have three traditional pieces in a row? Because then more then two would be performed consecutively? This is how I interpretted the rule and it yielded me unable to answer some questions.

There are similar rules on other games that throw me off.

Thanks for your help!

I don't think that rule could be implied to have three traditionals in a row. You could have more than 2 traditional pieces, for example, 3 traditional pieces but exactly two of the traditional must be consecutive.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:28 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theleastdiverse

Postby theleastdiverse » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:32 am

Thank you for your replies! The 7sage video really cleared everything up... I can't believe that resource has been out there this whole time and I haven't been using it :shock:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”