Questions about administration/getting ready before the LSAT

LSATgotrocked

Questions about administration/getting ready before the LSAT

Postby LSATgotrocked » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Hey,

First time taker and I am looking to get all of the housekeeping stuff out of the way before Saturday. I printed my admission ticket, have a passport type photo, and will be using my license for identification.

Here are my questions (just trying to make sure I have everything so there is no unwanted stress on exam day):

1.) What can I expect when I get to the test center? How will things progress?

2.) When I take practice tests, I have noticed that there are a number of things that need to be bubbled in on the LSAC answer sheet (obviously name/ DOB/ Test form code) but I noticed the box for SSN, do we need to put this in? Also noticed were LSAC account number and center number (I know these are on the admission ticket but don't they take the admission ticket before you walk into the room so wouldn't you have to memorize your account number?). One final note is the bubbling box which says test form code (box 6) and box 12 which is labeled "test form". Are these the same and where on the test booklet are we to find this information? Also where do you find the test book serial number?

3.) Where do we sign in cursive our first and last name that everyone here has been talking about? Can you just use your standard signature or does it have to be in strict cursive form?

4.) When I take practice exams and I look back at how I bubbled answers sometimes I don't fully bubble the circle or sometimes I over bubble it (due to bubbling answers quickly). It is very clear which answer I have chosen but like I said it isn't bubbled in perfectly. Will this or could this result in a misread by the machine when they score the exam?

I know that some of these questions are somewhat odd but they have been lingering with me for some time and I thought I would hear what others have to say.

Thank you.

secadc11

Re: Questions about administration/getting ready before the LSAT

Postby secadc11 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:55 pm

As far as #2 and #3 go, they will walk you through all of this. It's really not a big deal; don't worry about it.

LSATgotrocked

Postby LSATgotrocked » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:57 pm

secadc11 wrote:As far as #2 and #3 go, they will walk you through all of this. It's really not a big deal; don't worry about it.

Good to know lol thank you.

KMart

Postby KMart » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm

LSATgotrocked wrote:
1.) What can I expect when I get to the test center? How will things progress?
Probably will be directed to your room number and wait outside the room until it is closer to test time. Then the proctor, or proctors, will check what is in your clear bag, check your ID, sign you in that you showed up, seat you, and start handing out materials.

2.) When I take practice tests, I have noticed that there are a number of things that need to be bubbled in on the LSAC answer sheet (obviously name/ DOB/ Test form code) but I noticed the box for SSN, do we need to put this in? Also noticed were LSAC account number and center number (I know these are on the admission ticket but don't they take the admission ticket before you walk into the room so wouldn't you have to memorize your account number?). One final note is the bubbling box which says test form code (box 6) and box 12 which is labeled "test form". Are these the same and where on the test booklet are we to find this information? Also where do you find the test book serial number?
You put your LSAC number down before they take the ticket. No memorization is needed. I don't remember for sure but I don't think you put your SSN down (I could very well be wrong here). They will tell you the form and center numbers, don't worry.

3.) Where do we sign in cursive our first and last name that everyone here has been talking about? Can you just use your standard signature or does it have to be in strict cursive form?
There is a statement you have to write out and then you sign this sheet of paper (again, this part is hazy but it's not a big deal which is why I don't quite remember). Just sign in cursive, most signatures are cursive anyway (my signature wasn't anything fancy and was really just a bunch of lines: it's not a big deal).

4.) When I take practice exams and I look back at how I bubbled answers sometimes I don't fully bubble the circle or sometimes I over bubble it (due to bubbling answers quickly). It is very clear which answer I have chosen but like I said it isn't bubbled in perfectly. Will this or could this result in a misread by the machine when they score the exam?
Could it? Feasibly, yes. However, it won't. Just make sure the bubbled answer isn't bubbling like 3 different bubbles and you're alright. If you get a really low score you can request them to grade it by hand.

You'll be alright; focus on the test and not on the semantics :D.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”