Urgent! LSAC rejecting my ID???!

letsgointense

Urgent! LSAC rejecting my ID???!

Postby letsgointense » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 am

So, I emailed the LSAT to double check my ID is acceptable ; I didn't think it would not be accepted but I emailed anyway. My ID is a state issued (by the department of transport) identification card that is used for general identification and to access licensed premises (I am in Australia) and contains a government holograph, my name, signature and photo. It is not expired either. The LSAT admission is telling me that it will not be accepted!!!!!I have been too poor to get my license or travel anywhere so a drivers license or passport is not an option. WHAT DO I DO???? :evil:

ScottRiqui

Re: Urgent! LSAC rejecting my ID???!

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 am

According to the rules, a "state or province-issued ID card" that isn't expired and has your full name and photo should be fine. I'm not sure why the LSAC employee you emailed thinks otherwise, but if you'll be taking the LSAT in Australia where the proctors will have presumably seen those ID cards before, I can't imagine you'll actually have a problem on test day.

letsgointense

Postby letsgointense » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:12 am

That's what I thought too.. I am really hoping that is the case :cry:

Smallville

Postby Smallville » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 am

letsgointense wrote:So, I emailed the LSAT to double check my ID is acceptable ; I didn't think it would not be accepted but I emailed anyway. My ID is a state issued (by the department of transport) identification card that is used for general identification and to access licensed premises (I am in Australia) and contains a government holograph, my name, signature and photo. It is not expired either. The LSAT admission is telling me that it will not be accepted!!!!!I have been too poor to get my license or travel anywhere so a drivers license or passport is not an option. WHAT DO I DO???? :evil:

try calling, you can re-ask and figure out more details about why or if they mistakenly thought you meant something else

letsgointense

Postby letsgointense » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:43 am

Yeah, I am waiting for them to open, its quite late here and the anxiety is so painful.

Calbears123

Postby Calbears123 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:21 pm

LSAC seems to like responding to questions and e-mails with the answer, "No you can't do that." But I don't see why your ID violates their rules, you should be fine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”