Should I take the Dec or Feb LSAT?

jonathanabboud

Should I take the Dec or Feb LSAT?

Postby jonathanabboud » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi everyone

I only recently started studying for the LSAT in early October with TestMasters, the group course. I started testing at 160 and I'm at a 167 now. My ideal score is a 172+.

I've been getting -6 LR, -3 RC, and -7 LG. For LG I usually get 3 100% games (with maybe 1 wrong) and completely bomb one of the games entirely. I drill LG frequently, but its really hit or miss if I get a game or not.

I've done around 10 PTs and hundreds of practice questions in the various books TestMasters provides, I have a good chunk left but was planning on marathoning all of them this week before Friday. All their questions are from actual tests (at least the LGs and RC are).

Should I not burn through my materials and wait until February? I'm worried that I will have gone through so much material that if I take more practice tests in the future to study for Feb, I will remember certain questions and not receiving a proper diagnostic score of how I'm doing.

I won't be applying until Fall 2016 but I want to take the LSAT now before I am employed and will not have as much time to study 8 hours a day.

Rigo

Re: Should I take the Dec or Feb LSAT?

Postby Rigo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:11 pm

That really sucks about LG. You really need to drill that more. It's super learnable.
So do you considtently bomb atleast one game or is it 50/50 or what?

Since you're not rushing to apply this cycle, I would probably wait until February. If you get LG under control and refine your other sections, you're on track for a tippy top score.
You have until Friday night to withdraw.

JackelJ

Re: Should I take the Dec or Feb LSAT?

Postby JackelJ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:17 pm

jonathanabboud wrote:
I won't be applying until Fall 2016 but I want to take the LSAT now before I am employed and will not have as much time to study 8 hours a day.

Put in the work now when you have the time. Then when you start work, if you have the foundations down just drill a couple hours during the week and do practice tests on the weekends. If you have a good base, which it seems like you do, then having a little less time won't hurt you too much. Even if you don't have 8 hours a day its still more time then between now and the December test. LG is very learnable so if you aren't applying this cycle it might be beneficial to wait.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”