Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces

Quick Silver

Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces

Postby Quick Silver » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:44 pm

I noticed a common challenge for me is Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces when I'm doing specific game setups.

IE I've filled in the pieces based on the question - then I may have a few left over but it can be time consuming checking and crossing out the ones I used to find the ones I didn't for each set up...

Does anyone have tips for this? Is it just taking the time to write out all pieces and cross out the used ones in order to save time and mistakes in the long run?

Is there anything more effective?

unodostres

Re: Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces

Postby unodostres » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:25 pm

i cross them out when i do my rule check to see for floaters. then i write another set them next to it to keep track.

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:50 pm

I just quickly write out the items as I read the rules. For example if it says four people- Anna, Ben, Cathy, and Dave- then I write down A, B, C, D. Once I go through all of the rules, I make my deductions and then I just circle any floaters that are not in any rules or that I was not able to make deductions about. Nothing special, but thats what I do.

Quick Silver

Postby Quick Silver » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm

JackelJ wrote:I just quickly write out the items as I read the rules. For example if it says four people- Anna, Ben, Cathy, and Dave- then I write down A, B, C, D. Once I go through all of the rules, I make my deductions and then I just circle any floaters that are not in any rules or that I was not able to make deductions about. Nothing special, but thats what I do.

Thanks - I do that in the initial set up too.

I mean when you're recreating the game board for a specific question.

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Quick Silver wrote:
JackelJ wrote:I just quickly write out the items as I read the rules. For example if it says four people- Anna, Ben, Cathy, and Dave- then I write down A, B, C, D. Once I go through all of the rules, I make my deductions and then I just circle any floaters that are not in any rules or that I was not able to make deductions about. Nothing special, but thats what I do.

Oh, I don't normally rewrite them when I do individual questions. I just either look at my original master setup or just rely on short term memory. Sorry I'm not more helpful

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:38 am

Quick Silver wrote:

well when you cross out for floaters you're left with like ~A, ~B, ~C, D (float)

if I have a new scenario, i can quickly transcribe it just to make sure. i usually rely on memory for this like the above poster, but sometimes i will revert back to rewriting it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”