worst scores yet , december closing in?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
flash21

Gold

worst scores yet , december closing in??

Post by flash21 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey guys,

Basically my last few tests have been 156, 158. Previous to that, the 8 + tests I have done were all in the 160-162 range (one was a 164, was a bit on an anomaly).

Freaking the hell out of course - December closing in, and shitter scores seem to be a trend as of late..

PT 69 today went horribly, got only 14 correct on reading comp, and only 17 correct on one of my LR's (my supposed strength). Other LR was 21 and games I got 17 which are both pretty typical.

I don't know what the hell to do.

Reading comp felt just fine, I felt a bit rushed at the end (only had like 5 minutes for the last passage, got all but one wrong on the last passage), aside from the shit finish in RC i didnt expect for me to bomb it like that. My LR scores -- i always seem to bomb one, games is super inconsistnet, literally will get 13 correct one PT and 18 correct the other.

RC is also a shit show I guess.. my last pt I got 19 correct, now I got 14.

Please god..help.

shockingly_cavalier

New

Re: worst scores yet , december closing in??

Post by shockingly_cavalier » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Don't freak out, anxiety isn't going to help you. I had a similar thing happen the second time I took the LSAT. I was retaking after a 161 and had been doing pretty well on PTs, usually scoring at least in the mid-160s. Then, the week before the real test, I started scoring like 159 and shit. I decided to chill for a few days and ended up scoring a 166. Try to relax a bit, take some time to do something fun and clear your mind.

Best of luck to you.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:09 am

shockingly_cavalier wrote:I decided to chill for a few days and ended up scoring a 166. Try to relax a bit, take some time to do something fun and clear your mind.

Best of luck to you.
This is exactly what I thought as I was reading OP's post. It's probably because OP has studied so long and hard. A break for a day or two won't kill you. Make sure to taper down as the test day gets closer and closer anyway. You want to make sure you're ready to go.

musedreverie

Bronze

Post by musedreverie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am

Mate, I know how you feel. After two takes at the LSAT consecutively, the Sept one (the last one I took) felt like the deal breaker that I had to ace in order to have a shot at any law school I wanted to go to. This stressed me out a lot, especially as I only had 3 weeks to prepare for Sept.

Take everyone else's advice here; take a day off, go to the gym and exercise or watch a movie, eat nice food and drink comforting teas. Then come back the next day and start fresh.

Also, don't take a fresh PT the day before the test. This freaked me out a lot. (I missed +7 more questions per section on the last fresh PT I took, just the day before the test and it bothered me so much I nearly withdrew from the test the next day.) But it necessarily isn't indicative of your ability. That's just stress talking.

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:55 pm

thanks guys,

I really cannot take time off though. I've been really busy with corusework which has taken away from my LSAT prep time which I think is partially responsible for my score drop.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”