Timing and stress management Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
westave

New

Timing and stress management

Post by westave » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 pm

To all my fellow December test-takers (shout-out to anyone taking it at Penn! I'll see you there) -- can we talk about stress management on the LSAT? I consistently score -2 wrong on RC when I'm not timing myself, and still finish in 35 minutes. My conclusion is that knowing it's timed is freaking me out. LR is similar (scores from -0 to -7 on sections, mostly correlated to how much I can slow down and actually think about questions). LG is just a mess.

So: Who else has this problem? What do you do about it?

starry eyed

Gold

Re: Timing and stress management

Post by starry eyed » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:23 pm

westave wrote:To all my fellow December test-takers (shout-out to anyone taking it at Penn! I'll see you there) -- can we talk about stress management on the LSAT? I consistently score -2 wrong on RC when I'm not timing myself, and still finish in 35 minutes. My conclusion is that knowing it's timed is freaking me out. LR is similar (scores from -0 to -7 on sections, mostly correlated to how much I can slow down and actually think about questions). LG is just a mess.

So: Who else has this problem? What do you do about it?
I find having a back up plan works to take some stress off, like the military or something.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”