PT 57 Sec3 Q14 - NonFat Labels Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Quick Silver

New

PT 57 Sec3 Q14 - NonFat Labels

Post by Quick Silver » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 am

Why does this question trip me up?

I go so caught up in the relatively or seemingly complex diagramming that I overlooked the question stem I read initially (violates) and screwed it up.

I find myself doing that once in a while - I read the Q Stem first, then go to the stimulus, get caught up in that, then screw it up because I lose sight of the the Question Stem....

Is it just a matter of quickly re-reading the stem - since I have to focus on applying info from the Stimulus it anyway?

BTW - what's the question type for this Question "violates the rule..."

Thanks in advance!

Dave Hall

Bronze

Re: PT 57 Sec3 Q14 - NonFat Labels

Post by Dave Hall » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:11 pm

1. Slow your roll! Well, just a little bit. I promise you have time to read the question (think about it this way: if you'd read the question as it was written the first time through, how much faster would the whole problem have gone?).

2. I call it an Inference question—the answer will be something that we can prove to be false based on the rules set forth in the passage.

Hope that helps!

Quick Silver

New

Re: PT 57 Sec3 Q14 - NonFat Labels

Post by Quick Silver » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Dave Hall wrote:1. Slow your roll! Well, just a little bit. I promise you have time to read the question (think about it this way: if you'd read the question as it was written the first time through, how much faster would the whole problem have gone?).

2. I call it an Inference question—the answer will be something that we can prove to be false based on the rules set forth in the passage.

Hope that helps!
Thanks so much Dave!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”