Retake in December... In need of some tips Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dustybottoms7

New

Retake in December... In need of some tips

Post by dustybottoms7 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 am

So I didn't score as high as I would have liked on the September exam (162) and am contemplating retaking in December. My only hesitation is that a) its 6 weeks away and I work full time and b) i took a Testmaster's course and have already taken the 15 most recent PTs. The highest PT was 167 (twice) but I averaged right around 163. As we all know, the most recent PTs are the most indicative of what the next test will be like. Will studying/taking prior years' PTs be the best strategy over the next few weeks or what approach would be most useful? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out Mr. Stressed :|

HRomanus

Silver

Re: Retake in December... In need of some tips

Post by HRomanus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 am

It sounds like September went well considering it was around your PT mean. Your PT high is interesting, but not very illustrative of what you should expect. In general, you want to score as high as possible on the LSAT - and a 163 shouldn't be your target - so it sounds like you need more prep time. If you are scoring around 163, this probably means you need more focused time on drilling the fundamental skills rather than just taking PTs.

If you want to maximize your score, wait until February or June (which would entail taking the cycle off). If you're content with a score within your current range, you should identify your weakness and drill that until December - particularly if it is LG, which is the easiest section to improve quickly. Take 1-2 PTs per week to help your stamina, particularly as you get closer, but focus primarily on drilling.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”