Scored 175 on december 2008 test on 2nd take. Accurate? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
calmike

Bronze

Scored 175 on december 2008 test on 2nd take. Accurate?

Post by calmike » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:10 pm

I just took december 2008 test for one of kaplan's free events. It was my second time seeing the test. I first saw it a few months ago. During the test i remembered a few of the LR questions and the RC passages. I did not remember the logic games. How should i use this practice test to my advantage? Should i dismiss it becaus of some familiarity with it?

js1663

Bronze

Re: Scored 175 on december 2008 test on 2nd take. Accurate?

Post by js1663 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:35 pm

First of all, it probably isn't accurate if you took the test. If you really care you can just take another full practice test and see.

But who cares? It's not like anything but the actual test score in December (or whenever you're taking it) matters. Why does it matter if it's accurate? Are you deciding if you should study at all, or what you should study? Either way, the overall score tells you nothing, it's the questions you get wrong that tell you where you need to improve.

And i'm not sure what you mean by "to your advantage," even if you got a 180 on a practice test, all the skills learned are only for the purpose of translating on test day.

RunnerRunner

Bronze

Post by RunnerRunner » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Try to think about it this way: you should be happy you scored well, because if you scored poorly on a test you had already seen that would be cause for concern. But do not assume you can score in the mid-170s on the real test based on this score, only consistent scores on fresh tests can give you can indication of how you will perform on test day.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:53 pm

RunnerRunner wrote:Try to think about it this way: you should be happy you scored well, because if you scored poorly on a test you had already seen that would be cause for concern. But do not assume you can score in the mid-170s on the real test based on this score, only consistent scores on fresh tests can give you can indication of how you will perform on test day.
This. And really only on newer tests. 2008 is pretty dated at this point

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”