Experienced September LSAT takers, should I cancel? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Pablo

New

Experienced September LSAT takers, should I cancel?

Post by Pablo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Already have a 165 from Oct 2013. Was retaking for a 168+, mainly a 168 and was averaging about a 169 up until the test. For instance I got a 169 on the preptest from last June.

And all was going well......

UNTIL I HAD TO GUESS ON 4-5 QUESTIONS ON THE LAST BOUQUET LOGIC GAME WHICH WAS MY LAST SECTION OF THE TEST.

I know I did good on both logical reasoning sections, possibly 24/25 and 23/26

Reading comp is a total gamble no lower than 21/27, maybe 25/27

And logic games, I felt great on everything until last game where I could only get the first question based on deducting answers that violated the rules.

Yet I could be totally wrong about the way im reading things, which is always a possibility.

So should I cancel and take the 165 and run? Or should I take a gamble and hope that some of the answers to the last logic game were D (my guess answer lol).

Hand

Gold

Re: Experienced September LSAT takers, should I cancel?

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 pm

nah if this is how you're feeling about the individual sections you may well have picked up a couple of points, and even if you didn't you probably didn't do much worse than your previous score, in which case it doesn't matter

superpatton

New

Post by superpatton » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:44 pm

I wouldn't recommend it, you never know what the curve will be, so there is no real reason to cancel your score. Law schools pretty much just look at your highest score, so you should be fine either way. You stand to gain if it is an increase and nothing is really lost if it's a decrease, so I would just wait and see what happens.

Pablo

New

Post by Pablo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:53 pm

All right. That's kind of what I'm thinking. Thanks.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Don't cancel. There's nothing to lose here, and a lot to gain.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DiniMae

Silver

Post by DiniMae » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Pablo wrote:Already have a 165 from Oct 2013. Was retaking for a 168+, mainly a 168 and was averaging about a 169 up until the test. For instance I got a 169 on the preptest from last June.

And all was going well......

UNTIL I HAD TO GUESS ON 4-5 QUESTIONS ON THE LAST BOUQUET LOGIC GAME WHICH WAS MY LAST SECTION OF THE TEST.

I know I did good on both logical reasoning sections, possibly 24/25 and 23/26

Reading comp is a total gamble no lower than 21/27, maybe 25/27

And logic games, I felt great on everything until last game where I could only get the first question based on deducting answers that violated the rules.

Yet I could be totally wrong about the way im reading things, which is always a possibility.

So should I cancel and take the 165 and run? Or should I take a gamble and hope that some of the answers to the last logic game were D (my guess answer lol).
Can I ask how do you know that those are the two logical reasoning sections that are counted? How do you know that it is not the 2 25 question sections?

lurj

New

Post by lurj » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Based off a lot of replies I've seen on tls, quite a few people were guessing on the last few bouquet questions. I would keep the score.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Keep it. I didn't know how to LG 4 on the June test and blindly guessed on 4-5 questions. I ended up only missing one. You never know how your luck will play out!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”