Tips for focusing on final questions of LR sections Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
krogers3454

New

Tips for focusing on final questions of LR sections

Post by krogers3454 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi All,

So I am consistently having trouble with the final questions in each section. I will go around 17/18 and then 3 or 4 out of 7 on the final questions. I will pretty easily be able to figure out the right answer when going back over them, but during the timed test I just seem to lose focus. I'm not really rushing at the end either so that is not the issue. Does anyone have tips for how they keep focus at the end? I'm sure this won't be as big of an issue on test day as the pressure will be on, but I want to be fully prepared. Thanks!

GameOfLoans

New

Re: Tips for focusing on final questions of LR sections

Post by GameOfLoans » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Honestly, my best advice is keeping a better pace. Increasing my speed with the first 10 to 10 minutes, and first 15 to about 16 minutes kept me on par to having more than enough time to finish every question (last 10 questions get about 2 minutes EACH, which you won't need).

That's hard to practice, but when practicing I would keep a consistent eye on the watch after question 10, after question 15, and even on 20 once I got a hang of the timing.

Timing can be a double edged sword; you can get caught up and end up wasting more than just checking the clock than you would have without one. Practice with it if you feel comfortable.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”