7 Sage LSAT courses Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
duras92

New

7 Sage LSAT courses

Post by duras92 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Hey all,

Can anyone share their thoughts on the 7 sage LSAT prep courses? They seem more flexible than most others since they are online. They're LG explanation videos are both very thorough and helpful, IMO. There is a lot of content available on their syllabus and the costs are low as well.

I would be purchasing their materials to supplement self study, which I have been using up until now.

Feel free to lay out your honest, un-filtered opinions of their courses. Was it worth it? Was it helpful?

Thanks!

dontdoitkid

Bronze

Re: 7 Sage LSAT courses

Post by dontdoitkid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Check out the link below, there's a few separate discussion threads as well as a few threads discussing more specific aspects of the course (LR, LG, different pricing tiers, etc)

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/s ... mit=Search

lsatdream

New

Re: 7 Sage LSAT courses

Post by lsatdream » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 am

OP, here's some of my first hand experience with the second tier 7sage course.

Honest opinion is that it's pretty useful. Of course, everyone always vouches for JY's LG explanations because it really is damn good. The good thing about the course is that it does give a few foundational lessons that helps clarify some of the things he does in his explanation, i.e. visually representing either/or rules etc. I started off dreading LG because Powerscore LG was so tedious and boring. Once I started watching the free explanations, I realized I wanted to learn more about the foundations that he frequently hints at in his explanations. Definitely got me to -0 - -3 consistently (and that's only because of the recent weird games).

RC is whatever. I don't think watching someone annotate and talk about passages really did much, since it's still your reading skills and thought process at the end of the day.

LR is pretty close to powerscore. I think Manhattan and trainer were more useful in really fortifying my LR scores. I do have to note though that perhaps the most influential thing from 7sage LR is the bridge and shield model for NA questions that they use. Even though it's essentially the same as the Powerscore defender assumption, I never really understood it until around the time that I started seeing JY explain it on screen. Of course, there's a possibility that it wasn't 7sage at all that made it click, but rather just me drilling it over and over again until it clicked (but I digress). The LR lesson is very basic, so I would still supplement with Manhattan and trainer if you have the time.

Hope that helps some what!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”