LSAT Prep for February and June 2015 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jklewis17

New

LSAT Prep for February and June 2015

Post by jklewis17 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks to a Georgetown law student, he recommended this link to me given that I was planning to study for LSAT last year. However, I had to withdraw my LSAT due to an unexpected, unfortunate family situation. As I am gearing to take LSAT in February and June 2015, I thought I'd post to see what this forum has to offer.

Recently, I ordered three LSAT preparation books: 1.) Master the LSAT; 2.) PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible; and 3.) PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible. After I receive these books, I will go through the materials and become familiar with the LSAT structure. In addition to the LSAT preparation books, I will also order PowerScore LSAT Logic Games and Logical Reasoning flash cards and several Preptests (more than 20-30) for practice purposes. Note that I will not take a LSAT class because unfortunately, I was denied a sign language interpreter for Kaplan LSAT sessions. As I will be self-studying, it should be not an issue since I have a strong discipline, and am a somewhat good test taker.

TSL's LSAT Prep articles and its recommendations/tips were definitely helpful and I will take those tips in consideration. I would like to get a 175-180 because I would like to apply for Harvard, Stanford, or Georgetown (my preferred law schools). Any advice on how to prep for LSAT (considering I will be taking it in February and June 2015) would be greatly appreciated.

Hand

Gold

Re: LSAT Prep for February and June 2015

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Is that you in the picture? You look/sound adorable. Stay cute.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Harvard, Stanford, or Georgetown. :lol:

jklewis17

New

Post by jklewis17 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 am

Yes, that's me in the avatar.

Convince me why Georgetown is better than the former, such as Harvard or Stanford. :)

One more question, how often and how long should I prep? I have a full-time federal government job. And, is February 2015 reasonable or too long?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 am

jklewis17 wrote:Yes, that's me in the avatar.

Convince me why Georgetown is better than the former, such as Harvard or Stanford. :)

One more question, how often and how long should I prep? I have a full-time federal government job. And, is February 2015 reasonable or too long?
What do u mean too long? Too long to prep idk if there is such a thing nice headshot btw

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jklewis17

New

Post by jklewis17 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

It seems that most people prep for LSAT no more than three months. I really want to aim for 175-180. Supposedly, if I take LSAT in December, that means a hurried self-studying, but I like to handle under the pressure. LSAT is a big deal because I do really want to get accepted into my preferred law schools.

I am a part-time model so that explains my headshot.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:37 am

jklewis17 wrote: Convince me why Georgetown is better than the former, such as Harvard or Standord. :)
It's not.
jklewis17 wrote:It seems that most people prep for LSAT no more than three months.
This is due to prep companies limiting access to their materials to three months. It's some arbitrary industry concoction. Believe me, February is soon and you'll probably be wishing you had more time (especially with a fulltime job) when you realize how far you have to climb to 180.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

jklewis17 wrote:It seems that most people prep for LSAT no more than three months. I really want to aim for 175-180. Supposedly, if I take LSAT in December, that means a hurried self-studying, but I like to handle under the pressure. LSAT is a big deal because I do really want to get accepted into my preferred law schools.

I am a part-time model so that explains my headshot.
basically any1 who is honest will tell u 3 months is not enough time. maybe u r a natural lsat genius and you only need 3 months but most likely u should aim for at least 6 and a year is not out of the question

edit: esp since u r aiming for a near perfect score

jklewis17

New

Post by jklewis17 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Thanks, all, for your insights. It really made me think of my timeline for taking LSAT. I should aim for June and October 2015 then. My full job is pretty flexible and I can get off everyday at 3:30 PM to allow me to study for LSAT in week-evenings. A perk of being a fed. What's important is to have a strict study schedule and take many prep tests as much as I can until I reach to 175-180.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:46 pm

jklewis17 wrote:take many prep tests as much as I can until I reach to 175-180.
thats important but any1 on here will tell u quality is more important than quantity which means u need to review review review so u understand everything about the lsat n not just burn thru tests

jklewis17

New

Post by jklewis17 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:58 pm

I am aware of that. I did prep for LSAT before, so I am aware of reviewing my mistakes and then analyzing why it was incorrect in the first place. Also, I should review the ones I may have doubts about.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”