moderate gpa but 2 fails in minicourse Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chanbaik

New

moderate gpa but 2 fails in minicourse

Post by chanbaik » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 am

hi guys,
I graduated from one of the schools from (UCLA, USC, UMICH, Gtown) with a double major in economics and asian studies honors. My GPA is not that bad (very personal and relative here, around 3.68), didnt take LSAT yet. I also complete my degree in 3 years so I guess that could appeal to admission committees.

My concern is this. After the freshmen year, I took two geoscience minicourses (1 credit each) and failed them. :( luckly i didnt take them with credits so they just appear as fails, not counted towards GPA. Still, I am greatly concerned and devasted as I am preparing to apply sometime next year.

With all those facts counted, what will my chance be getting into one of the schools from T14 (My first choice will be from columbia, stanford, nyu, umich, ucberkeley, gtown, northwestern)? Please save me from this devastation.

Thanks

Jeffort

Gold

Re: moderate gpa but 2 fails in minicourse

Post by Jeffort » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 am

Have you submitted all your transcripts to the LSAC CAS service yet to see how LSAC computes them/includes them into your academic transcript LSs you apply to will see? The LSAC CAS service has a bunch of rules about how they handle/compute/include in your transcript non-standard classes and other things such as what you describe. There is a bunch of info about that stuff on the LSAC webpage in the info about the CAS service area of the website.

Also, I'm pretty sure "what are my chances?" threads/questions are supposed to be asked/posted in the admissions forum, not the LSAT prep forum. :wink:

chanbaik

New

Re: moderate gpa but 2 fails in minicourse

Post by chanbaik » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:16 am

thanks Jeffort! will do so

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”