7SAGE THIS IS NOT A MOTHAFUCKING JOK Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lsatkillah

New

7SAGE THIS IS NOT A MOTHAFUCKING JOK

Post by lsatkillah » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 am

Last edited by lsatkillah on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: 7SAGE THIS IS NOT A MOTHAFUCKING JOK

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 am

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:07 am

charlesriver

New

Post by charlesriver » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 am

too real

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:25 am

99th percentile

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CFC1524

Bronze

Post by CFC1524 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 am

Retake.

Also, please post this on their website - I feel like JY and Alan would appreciate this.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 am

smccgrey wrote:I love TLS

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:51 am

This person is going to have so much fun studying for the bar.

lsatkillah

New

Post by lsatkillah » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alan-7sage

New

Post by alan-7sage » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:19 pm

lsatkillah wrote:I'd like to clarify that my post is not a facetious metaphor for the progress of my insanity. Does the 7sage LSAT app not spontaneously start proctoring for anyone else?!
Thank you for clarifying. Before I knew this was for real, I have to say, your last line totally cracked me up!

I'm really sorry about this, it is insanely frustrating, and I know that it would drive me completely crazy! I want to get this fixed for you and anyone else experiencing this. I haven't heard of this problem before though, so it's really hard to fix. If you could help us out with some details, they'd be valuable clues to figuring this out:

What device/OS are you using?
Is it always the same position in the proctor that is triggered?
Any other details about when it happens, and what state the application is in?

In the meantime, please try removing the app from your phone.
iPhone/iPad: press and hold the 7Sage LSAT app icon for a couple of seconds. All the app icons should start shaking. Tap on the little "x" in the top left of the 7Sage LSAT app icon.
Android: http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Apps-on-Android

I hope removing the app helps. Please let me know if it doesn't, and feel free to email me at alan@7sage.com any time.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:34 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:180

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Haven't had off out of nowhere, but I never have any clue how to get the app to stop talking. I usually end up double clicking the middle button (iphone) and then clearing it from history. That usually works for me.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:06 pm

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I love TLS

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lsatkillah

New

Post by lsatkillah » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:03 pm

alan-7sage

New

Post by alan-7sage » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 pm

lsatkillah wrote:
alan-7sage wrote:

iPhone/iPad: press and hold the 7Sage LSAT app icon for a couple of seconds. All the app icons should start shaking. Tap on the little "x" in the top left of the 7Sage LSAT app icon.
Android: http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Apps-on-Android

I hope removing the app helps. Please let me know if it doesn't, and feel free to email me at alan@7sage.com any time.
I use an iPhone 5s w iOS 7 and TAPTAP SWIPE UP every time I'm finished using it during the day. Your app plays when it is completely exited.

The voices have started up at least 10 times in the past month. Always uses the proctor's voice that I last chose. Has started at varying positions in the instructions, though I may just be catching the instructions in the middle. However, the voices do continue on to the end of the instructions once they start. I know this because the first time they started reading I thought I was imagining things and went back to sleep, and then they woke me up 35 minutes later.

Often starts up in the car speakers when my phone is connected via Bluetooth and instead of the latest bumpin tracks I expect to hear from my phone, I get "Put your pencils down...." Again, this is happening when the app is completely closed out on my phone. The only way to temporarily stop the voices is reopening and exiting.

Per your suggestion, I just reluctantly deleted the helpful demon
Thanks for the additional information. I'm also running iPhone 5S with iOS7 and I haven't seen this before. I'm trying to trigger this random playback by starting the proctor and then killing it with taptap swipe and waiting, but it hasn't happened for me yet.

I hope deleting the app keeps the demon away for you :)

Sorry for all the trouble!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't mind possibly waking up to more "Put your pencils down" - I have an idea that might help...

Once the Proctor is started, it is controllable by the media controls (e.g. the remote on your headphones, and the << || >> buttons when you swipe up from the bottom. Even when you force close the app, it is still controllable by the media controls. This is normal behavior for audio apps in iOS. The built in Music app, and the popular TuneIn app both act the same way.

What makes the proctor different from these apps is that there are long periods of silence, so playback could be restarted but with no sound until the next proctoring instruction is triggered. In retrospect, having the proctor controlled by the media controls may have been bad idea for this reason :P

So if the play button on a headphone remote is pressed or a bluetooth hookup automatically triggers play on the media controls, that will cause the proctor to play again.

If you think that this is the source of the problem, there are two workarounds:

1. Set Background and/or Distractions to a high value. This way, if playback is accidentally triggered, you will notice it immediately.

2. Play another audioplayer app, like the default Music app, when you are done with the 7Sage proctor. Then that other audioplayer app becomes the one controlled by the media player.

lsatkillah

New

Post by lsatkillah » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 pm

alan-7sage

New

Post by alan-7sage » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:00 pm

lsatkillah wrote:
alan-7sage wrote:
lsatkillah wrote:
alan-7sage wrote:

Android: [url]<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Apps-on-Android[/url"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>wikihow</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>Delete</span><span>-</span><span>Apps</span><span>-</span><span>on</span><span>-</span><span>Android</span><span>[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

I use an iPhone 5s w iOS 7 and TAPTAP SWIPE UP every time I'm finished using it during the day. Your app plays when it is completely exited.

The voices have started up at least 10 times in the past month. Always uses the proctor's voice that I last chose. Has started at varying positions in the instructions, though I may just be catching the instructions in the middle. However, the voices do continue on to the end of the instructions once they start. I know this because the first time they started reading I thought I was imagining things and went back to sleep, and then they woke me up 35 minutes later.

Often starts up in the car speakers when my phone is connected via Bluetooth and instead of the latest bumpin tracks I expect to hear from my phone, I get "Put your pencils down...." Again, this is happening when the app is completely closed out on my phone. The only way to temporarily stop the voices is reopening and exiting.

Per your suggestion, I just reluctantly deleted the helpful demon
Thanks for the additional information. I'm also running iPhone 5S with iOS7 and I haven't seen this before. I'm trying to trigger this random playback by starting the proctor and then killing it with taptap swipe and waiting, but it hasn't happened for me yet.

I hope deleting the app keeps the demon away for you :)

Sorry for all the trouble!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't mind possibly waking up to more "Put your pencils down" - I have an idea that might help...

Once the Proctor is started, it is controllable by the media controls (e.g. the remote on your headphones, and the << || >> buttons when you swipe up from the bottom. Even when you force close the app, it is still controllable by the media controls. This is normal behavior for audio apps in iOS. The built in Music app, and the popular TuneIn app both act the same way.

What makes the proctor different from these apps is that there are long periods of silence, so playback could be restarted but with no sound until the next proctoring instruction is triggered. In retrospect, having the proctor controlled by the media controls may have been bad idea for this reason :P

So if the play button on a headphone remote is pressed or a bluetooth hookup automatically triggers play on the media controls, that will cause the proctor to play again.

If you think that this is the source of the problem, there are two workarounds:

1. Set Background and/or Distractions to a high value. This way, if playback is accidentally triggered, you will notice it immediately.

2. Play another audioplayer app, like the default Music app, when you are done with the 7Sage proctor. Then that other audioplayer app becomes the one controlled by the media player.
Your explanation makes sense. When the "play" media control is triggered, then I suppose the last thing controlled by media controls will be triggered. Although I'm still not sure why exiting the app fails to free the app from the media controls' command as well. Playing music after using the 7sage proctor seems to be the most convenient and pleasant solution! Thanks, Alan, for your attention to this post! 180 cheers for 7sage.
Thank you for your kind words! I hope this stops the problem, and your studying goes great!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ThisWillDo23

New

Post by ThisWillDo23 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

lsatkillah wrote:I'd like to clarify that my post is not a facetious metaphor for the progress of my insanity. Does the 7sage LSAT app not spontaneously start proctoring for anyone else?!
This happens to me all the time, I was cracking up reading this. My car Bluetooth ALWAYS starts playing it, and it actually started playing while I was out to dinner with a friend the other day. It's like a little voice guilting me every time I'm not studying.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:180

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:36 pm

I hope this thread never dies so I can constantly read the op.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Bronze

Post by LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:08 pm

The app does do this. And there's a good reason for it. A lot of people might start proctoring the test, and turn their phone off, or exit the app, or get a call, or something.

In any of those cases, you want the app to keep going and let you know that the section is done. This does have the unfortunate effect of making the app blare out instructions when you're NOT proctoring, but that's not really that much of a problem.

There may be a better way to make the app work when you want it to, but shut off when don't want it. But I can't think of how to do it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Defendervic

New

Post by Defendervic » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I needed this laugh. Thanks!

dontdoitkid

Bronze

Post by dontdoitkid » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

"IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A DREAM ABOUT THE FIRST LG GAME BEING A MIXTURE OF ALL OF THE TYPES." Thanks for the laugh haha.

lsatkillah

New

Post by lsatkillah » Sun May 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Last edited by lsatkillah on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Sun May 31, 2015 6:46 pm

<3

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”