Did this prep company get this LG problem wrong? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
papajohns

New

Did this prep company get this LG problem wrong?

Post by papajohns » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:03 am

Last edited by papajohns on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ikethegremlin

Bronze

Re: Did this prep company get this LG problem wrong?

Post by ikethegremlin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:10 am

papajohns wrote:I am thinking about suing this prep company because I think one of their artificial problems is wrong.

Problem
http://postimg.org/image/n2aigx1w1/]

Possible set up
http://postimg.org/image/5nlouwfdd/

For question 8, A is the correct answer. But if you look at my setup, both Ps can be on coin 1, an M on 2 and 4, along with a J each, and two Ts on 3. So there is no need for an M to be on coin 3.

Am I wrong?
As far as I can tell your set up doesn't violate any of the rules, and so yeah looks as if you are right.

But why would you sue them? Even LSAC has got questions wrong before - just let them know so they can change it in the next edition.

papajohns

New

Post by papajohns » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:20 am

Last edited by papajohns on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AC Vegas

New

Post by AC Vegas » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:41 am

It's poorly worded, but I think they meant that T can't be on the same coin twice. Tough to tell without doing all the problems but maybe.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:00 am

Actually looking this over, yeah this question is flawed. Guess that's why LSAC tests their questions before using them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Better question:

Given that there are currently 76 (soon to be 77) official LSAT PTs available for prep, why are you using a book that contains fake LSAT games for prepping? LSAT prep books that contain fake LSAT materials as part of the curriculum instead of using real LSAT Qs and paying LSAC the licensing fees are all crappy.

Which 'off the shelf' book is that from? Barrons, Nova, Arco, LSAT for Dummies or one of the other cheap crappy ones (there's a new one on Amazon with a picture of a bottle of pepto bismal on the cover that looks pretty cheesy)? None of the quality prep companies use fake games as part of the curriculum in their self study prep books, although one company does publish some fake games for free on their website as extra practice for students that want more practice beyond the 300+ available real LSAT LGs along with the disclaimer that it's best to practice with real games and the fake ones are just for extra practice if you exhaust all the real stuff.

Whatever book it is, stop using it and getter better prep resources.

Brian_Wildcat

New

Post by Brian_Wildcat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:Actually looking this over, yeah this question is flawed. Guess that's why LSAC tests their questions before using them.
Yea that was my first though after I looked at the question. The rule for "T" is what did it I think.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Hopefully you were just bored at Barnes and Noble one day while your boyfriend/girlfriend was looking for some book for thirty minutes, so you decided to pick up an LSAT strategy book that you knew that was crappy just to get a good laugh and you happened to get a good laugh indeed when you noticed that there was a legitimate glaring mistake in one of their shitty fake pointless logic games.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”