Question for future lawyers

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Vote

Yes; piracy is murder
2
33%
No; anarchy
4
67%
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:10 am

Does posting this *"made up"* question violate copyright? Note parallel to Preptest 31, Game 2. Note that the following question is NOT explicitly copyrighted or owned by the LSAC or anyone.


A butcher shop carries exactly ten types of meat-- both fresh and frozen of each of beef, chicken, duck, lamb, and pork. The shop is having a sale on some of these types of meat. The following conditions must apply:

1. Frozen duck is on sale; fresh chicken is not.
2. If both types of duck are on sale, then all pork is.
3. If both types of beef are on sale, then no lamb is.
4. If niether type of beef is on sale, then fresh duck is.
5. If either type of lamb is on sale, then no pork is.


1: If both types of beef are on sale, then which one of the following is the minimum number of types of fresh meat that could be on sale?

A. One
B. Two
C. Three
D. Four
E. Five

2: If fresh pork is the only type of fresh meat on sale, then which of the following CANNOT be true?

A. Frozen beef is not on sale.
B. Frozen chicken is not on sale.
C. Frozen lamb is not on sale.
D. Frozen pork is on sale.
E. Frozen pork is not on sale.

3: If exactly four of the types of frozen meats are the only meats on sale, then which of the following could be true?

A. Frozen beef is not on sale.
B. Frozen chicken is not on sale.
C. Frozen lamb is not on sale.
D. Neither type of beef is on sale.
E. Neither type of lamb and neither type of pork is on sale.



inb4 derivative work(s), (or (and?) in after?)

User avatar
Clyde Frog

Platinum
Posts: 8985
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:23 am

Probably not legal, otherwise test prep companies would be doing it.

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:27 am

Clyde Frog wrote:Probably not legal, otherwise test prep companies would be doing it.


I don't care about probably. If you were my lawyer would I be paying you for probably?

Tell me why it would not be legal. Your reasoning sucks. What if I told you a prep company did publish that question?

User avatar
guano

Gold
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby guano » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:29 am

gatesome wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Probably not legal, otherwise test prep companies would be doing it.


I don't care about probably. If you were my lawyer would I be paying you for probably?

Tell me why it would not be legal. Your reasoning sucks. What if I told you a prep company did publish that question?

Don't ask TLS for legal advice

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 am

guano wrote:
gatesome wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Probably not legal, otherwise test prep companies would be doing it.


I don't care about probably. If you were my lawyer would I be paying you for probably?

Tell me why it would not be legal. Your reasoning sucks. What if I told you a prep company did publish that question?

Don't ask TLS for legal advice


you guys are A+ on issue-avoidance (which i suppose is important) but you're missing the point yet again. i'm not asking for legal advice, i'm posing a challenge and seeking suggested answers.

is the bar exam seeking legal advice from non-lawyers?? it poses legal questions without asking for advice. no? thought so ... so answer the question or get out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
swampman

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby swampman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 am

This sounds like changing the names in a novel and trying to republish it.

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:36 am

swampman wrote:This sounds like changing the names in a novel and trying to republish it.


It does sound like that. Say more?

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29296
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:37 am

gatesome wrote:you guys are A+ on issue-avoidance (which i suppose is important) but you're missing the point yet again. i'm not asking for legal advice, i'm posing a challenge and seeking suggested answers.

is the bar exam seeking legal advice from non-lawyers?? it poses legal questions without asking for advice. no? thought so ... so answer the question or get out.

Stop berating people. Why do you want to know this?

03152016

Platinum
Posts: 9180
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 am

gatesome wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Probably not legal, otherwise test prep companies would be doing it.


I don't care about probably. If you were my lawyer would I be paying you for probably?

Tell me why it would not be legal. Your reasoning sucks. What if I told you a prep company did publish that question?

You're not paying him at all dipshit
Your "posing a challenge" only proves you're too much of an idiot to do your own research, and given your shitty attitude no one on this forum with an answer is going to help you

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


NYSprague

Silver
Posts: 830
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby NYSprague » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 am

If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:45 am

NYSprague wrote:If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.


yes you think, very nice great opinion... ("think" always hurts your argument...) :twisted:

but your first sentence makes a good point. so this question has a legal side and an ethical side... even if it is not strictly legal to manipulate a question (I don't know if it is) in this manner, is it morally/ethically wrong? After how much manipulation do they stop owning the question? Can they claim ownership of the "underlying thinking" forever?

User avatar
Clyde Frog

Platinum
Posts: 8985
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:46 am

gatesome wrote:
NYSprague wrote:If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.


yes you think, very nice great opinion

but your first sentence makes a good point. so this question has a legal side and an ethical side... even if it is not strictly legal to manipulate a question (I don't know if it is) in this manner, is it morally/ethically wrong? After how much manipulation do they stop owning the question? Can they claim ownership of the "underlying thinking" forever?


You should be working on losing your virginity rather than making stupid threads.

03152016

Platinum
Posts: 9180
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:48 am

Gunner detected

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:49 am

Clyde Frog wrote:
gatesome wrote:
NYSprague wrote:If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.


yes you think, very nice great opinion

but your first sentence makes a good point. so this question has a legal side and an ethical side... even if it is not strictly legal to manipulate a question (I don't know if it is) in this manner, is it morally/ethically wrong? After how much manipulation do they stop owning the question? Can they claim ownership of the "underlying thinking" forever?


You should be working on losing your virginity rather than making stupid threads.


honestly i've been lurking for a while and i recognize you as a pretty solid contributor, but your ad hominems are a non-starter

why is my question stupid? I think it is actually a very reasonable question to ask. if you're some enlightened god of wisdom, then please bestow your wisdom upon my fragile virgin mind.

User avatar
swampman

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby swampman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 am

Pretty sure gatesome is just trolling til he gets 100 posts and can start spamming scat.

jk148706

Gold
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 am

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03152016

Platinum
Posts: 9180
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 am

swampman wrote:Pretty sure gatesome is just trolling til he gets 100 posts and can start spamming scat.

Is your avatar related

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:51 am

jk148706 wrote:
gatesome wrote:"think" always hurts your argument...)


Lol @ ppl "thinking," AMRITE!?


agreed... opinions are dangerous. i prefer it when the sheeple conform... more predictable.

User avatar
Westofeden

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby Westofeden » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 am

Brut wrote:Gunner detected

User avatar
Clyde Frog

Platinum
Posts: 8985
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

gatesome wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:
gatesome wrote:
NYSprague wrote:If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.


yes you think, very nice great opinion

but your first sentence makes a good point. so this question has a legal side and an ethical side... even if it is not strictly legal to manipulate a question (I don't know if it is) in this manner, is it morally/ethically wrong? After how much manipulation do they stop owning the question? Can they claim ownership of the "underlying thinking" forever?


You should be working on losing your virginity rather than making stupid threads.


honestly i've been lurking for a while and i recognize you as a pretty solid contributor, but your ad hominems are a non-starter

why is my question stupid? I think it is actually a very reasonable question to ask. if you're some enlightened god of wisdom, then please bestow your wisdom upon my fragile virgin mind.


It's not an ad hominem, as I'm not concerned at all with your argument (if you even have one). I'm giving you advice to quit making stupid threads.

User avatar
swampman

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby swampman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

Brut wrote:
swampman wrote:Pretty sure gatesome is just trolling til he gets 100 posts and can start spamming scat.

Is your avatar related

Yeah I only do tasteful non-nude stuff though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


jk148706

Gold
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby jk148706 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:58 am

.
Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29296
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 am

Seriously, why do you care? What is the point of your challenge?

User avatar
Tanicius

Gold
Posts: 2984
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby Tanicius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 am

gatesome wrote:
NYSprague wrote:If you take an exact question and just change the variables, you are still copying the underlying thinking, which is what they are testing. I think you should not do it.


yes you think, very nice great opinion... ("think" always hurts your argument...) :twisted:


"I think" is a signal of humility in this context and should not be taken literally. Learn to English better.

User avatar
gatesome

Bronze
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Question for future lawyers

Postby gatesome » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Seriously, why do you care? What is the point of your challenge?


to find out the answer to the question: Does publishing or sharing the above question violate LSAC's copyright?

no part of my original post was sarcastic or joking; it was a legitimate question; i don't see why that is so hard to understand

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests