how long...start to fiinish?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RichardWalter

New

how long...start to fiinish?

Postby RichardWalter » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:51 pm

I know the LSAC advises that the test can take up to 7 hours, but in reality, how long does it take? I am taking Monday's test; starts(?) at 12:30. When is it reasonable, given the registration time, testing, bubbling, etc. to expect to get out.

Also, how long is the time between each section (not the 15-minute break after Section 3)?

bombaysippin

Gold

Re: how long...start to fiinish?

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Like 5 hours. 2-5 minutes in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

rebexness

Gold

Postby rebexness » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 pm

It kind of depends how organized they are and how many people they have to check in. Previously I got started within 30 minutes of checkin, but I've heard horror Stories of hours... No thanks.

DaRascal

Gold

Postby DaRascal » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Bajam wrote:2-5 minutes in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

???

RichardWalter

New

Postby RichardWalter » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:39 pm

rebexness wrote:...but I've heard horror Stories of hours... No thanks.

...hours?? What could cause THAT??

rebexness

Gold

Postby rebexness » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:47 pm

DaRascal wrote:
Bajam wrote:2-5 minutes in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

???

Mine was like not even enough time to reset my watch so idk.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Bajam wrote:Like 5 hours. 2-5 minutes in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

Don't expect this. Expect somewhere between 25 - 40 seconds

Caesar Salad

Diamond

Postby Caesar Salad » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm

RichardWalter wrote:

Mine wasn't quite this bad, but close. They gave us the recommended arrival time, which was about an hour before the test was supposed to start. This was on my UG campus so I knew where I was going and got there maybe 45 minutes before hand and joined a big group of people milling around this atrium area of the designated building. After about an hour had elapsed a woman walked in off the street, asking if we were there for the LSAT (uh duh) and then informed us that the test center had been moved across campus. We then walked to the correct building, in elementary school field trip fashion, and then the check in procedure started. This took an additional hour+, but that may have been due to a large group of test takers.

All in all it wasn't terrible, they ran the test well, but I got out of there much later in the day then I had anticipated. It had occurred to me to expect the unexpected though so I hadn't made any plans for the rest of the day. I'd suggest following a similar strategy, keep your day open because who the hell knows what could happen and the last thing you need is some other deadline stressing you out during the test.
Last edited by Caesar Salad on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Gold

Postby rebexness » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm

RichardWalter wrote:

If they don't have their shit together and have to check in 8532488 people, or if people are slow bubbling their info and writing their paragraph.

Most of this is an issue when the groups get larger.

dasani13

Silver

Postby dasani13 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Bajam wrote:Like 5 hours. 2-5 minutes in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

Don't expect this. Expect somewhere between 25 - 40 seconds

25 secs between sections would be so great. Does this happen a lot? I hope someone raises their hand and asks stupid questions between sections.

Jeffort

Gold

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:03 am

Chill out guys, Bajam made a typo.

Bajam wrote:Like 5 hours. 2-5 minutes seconds in between sections depending on how your proctor is.

is about right. The only time in between sections other than the break is the time it takes the proctor to say "Pencils down, stop working on section X. Turn the page and begin section X+1"

It's usually about 4 1/2 to 5 hrs from check-in time until you're done and allowed to leave unless something really goes wrong at the test center that causes serious delays, like the fire alarm going off and everyone has to evacuate the building or a massive test center with a lot of test takers and disorganized/inept proctors.

Platinum

Postby 03152016 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:40 am

When I took it at Touro I was in and out. One room with about a hundred takers, took no time at all to check in. At Pace it was a cattle call, mobs of people. Just getting to the classroom took an hour.

bondja

New

Postby bondja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:29 am

I had about 2 minutes between sections. The proctor was really nice and funny. I would assume that on average it's 30 or so seconds.

For the whole test, it was about 5 hours. I think that is a reasonable amount of time to expect from the beginning of the test to the moment you stand up to leave.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�