Feelings on 7sage? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Carla36

New

Feelings on 7sage?

Post by Carla36 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:11 am

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've been reading through the forum and keep seeing different programs getting recommended. I am scoring in the mid to high 160s, and need to get a 170+. I looked at 7sage and it seemed promising. Does anyone who has used 7sage have any input, whether it be positive or negative? I am also taking the test in September

milkandcheerios

Bronze

Re: Feelings on 7sage?

Post by milkandcheerios » Sat May 31, 2014 12:36 am

I didn't purchase any of the 7sage programs but I watched their videos for logic games religiously. I must have watched every video at least twice (after I did them myself first of course) and I thought they were supremely helpful.

paayter

Bronze

Post by paayter » Sat May 31, 2014 2:59 am

I agree with the above poster...7sage videos on youtube for certain games really helped me understand them. did pretty well on my games section.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat May 31, 2014 3:07 am

Master of explaining games. JY goes into nuances he doesn't even have to, but it all really helps one understand a game inside and out.

I bought one of the full-test explanations.. if his games videos and the PT explanation i watched are any indication of the quality of his courses, it should be excellent.

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Sat May 31, 2014 5:38 pm

What everyone else has been saying... If you're looking to get better at LG, definitely watch the free 7sage videos and follow JY's method.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Carla36

New

Post by Carla36 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Very well, thank you all

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Sat May 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Not to beat a dead horse, but I studied for LG using only 7sage. It's great. I did miss one question on test day but it was me not being careful enough.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sat May 31, 2014 8:12 pm

If your current high 160s scoring range is from strictly timed test day conditions PTs, you don't need to re-do phase 1 learning the basics. You need to be focusing on deep review and evaluation of your current strengths and weaknesses. This includes thoroughly reviewing questions you get wrong in extreme detail to identify all your mistakes and to figure out how to improve your skills/abilities with APPLYING all the LSAT knowledge you already have in order to improve performance skills and accuracy.

Review your performance, figure out your specific issues, figure out things to review and appropriate drilling to work on those issues, practice, review, lather rinse repeat. You don't need to go back to the basics and explore different prep sources, there are no LSAT 'secrets' for scoring 170+ that are only taught by certain books/companies. All the good prep sources teach the same basic information about the LSAT and important logic involved, just with different styles, emphasis and such. Sometimes getting a fresh perspective can help, but first you should focus on reviewing your performance/application of what you already know under timed conditions in detail to identify weaknesses/mistakes.

Doing a review of the basics to make sure you aren't forgetting anything important isn't a bad idea if you do it by reviewing short outlines of major things or parts of prep books, but going through all the basics with a class like a new beginner student would be largely a waste of time given your score level and current stage in prep having already learned the basics.

How have you been prepping so far to get into the mid/high 160s and for how long?

Cradle6

Bronze

Post by Cradle6 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:45 pm

7Sage has an excellent video for every logic game there is.

Incredible.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Carla36

New

Post by Carla36 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Jeffort wrote:If your current high 160s scoring range is from strictly timed test day conditions PTs, you don't need to re-do phase 1 learning the basics. You need to be focusing on deep review and evaluation of your current strengths and weaknesses. This includes thoroughly reviewing questions you get wrong in extreme detail to identify all your mistakes and to figure out how to improve your skills/abilities with APPLYING all the LSAT knowledge you already have in order to improve performance skills and accuracy.

Review your performance, figure out your specific issues, figure out things to review and appropriate drilling to work on those issues, practice, review, lather rinse repeat. You don't need to go back to the basics and explore different prep sources, there are no LSAT 'secrets' for scoring 170+ that are only taught by certain books/companies. All the good prep sources teach the same basic information about the LSAT and important logic involved, just with different styles, emphasis and such. Sometimes getting a fresh perspective can help, but first you should focus on reviewing your performance/application of what you already know under timed conditions in detail to identify weaknesses/mistakes.

Doing a review of the basics to make sure you aren't forgetting anything important isn't a bad idea if you do it by reviewing short outlines of major things or parts of prep books, but going through all the basics with a class like a new beginner student would be largely a waste of time given your score level and current stage in prep having already learned the basics.

How have you been prepping so far to get into the mid/high 160s and for how long?

I took an online Kaplan on-demand course last summer because I expected to take the LSAT in December, but things came up and I was unable to. I know a lot of people say it isn't a good program, but I pretty much just took timed practice tests after I finished it and my scores were ranging from 164-170 as of before I started my normal classes for last semester. I would usually very good with LG, and sometimes I'd mess up on LR but I struggled with RC the most.
Last edited by Carla36 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Carla36 wrote:I would usually very good with LG, and sometimes I'd mess up on LR but I struggled with RD the most.
I've had problems with RD as well. It's a tough section. It's hard for me to even know what is going on in RD. It's very elusive. You almost need a six sense for it.

stacyhoovs

New

Post by stacyhoovs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:16 pm

They have a ton of free videos, so I would check them out and see what work best for you. It came down to 7Sage or Velocity for me. They both have great methods.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”