To Postpone or Not To Postpone

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chaoticx5

New

To Postpone or Not To Postpone

Postby chaoticx5 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

With one month left, I am getting a little leery and nervous for the June LSAT. I've been preptesting at an avg of 165 (LR -8, LG -4, RC -8). With my GPA, I would need at least a 170-172 to make law school a smart option. Should I postpone the LSAT to September in order to cement a 170+ score or do you guys think I can, with a month left, be able to pull off a 170? Studying while working full-time is a drain on my life and it would be awesome to get the LSAT over and done with. But I understand that what is most important with a 2.9GPA is the highest LSAT score I can achieve. Thoughts?

papercut

Silver

Re: To Postpone or Not To Postpone

Postby papercut » Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 pm

chaoticx5 wrote:With one month left, I am getting a little leery and nervous for the June LSAT. I've been preptesting at an avg of 165 (LR -8, LG -4, RC -8). With my GPA, I would need at least a 170-172 to make law school a smart option. Should I postpone the LSAT to September in order to cement a 170+ score or do you guys think I can, with a month left, be able to pull off a 170? Studying while working full-time is a drain on my life and it would be awesome to get the LSAT over and done with. But I understand that what is most important with a 2.9GPA is the highest LSAT score I can achieve. Thoughts?

Keep studying as if you're going to take the June test. You can call 'em up the night before and tell them you're not coming, and it won't hurt you in any way.

You might get to the 170s by June.

You can shore up your LG to -1/-0 in that time. And I'd be surprised if you didn't add a point or three from LR and RC.

It all depends on how much time you're putting it, and how correctly you're practicing.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

papercut

Silver

Postby papercut » Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

mornincounselor wrote:Study like your life depends on it for June.

... because it does :shock:

Onomatopoeia

Gold

Postby Onomatopoeia » Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 am

For what it's worth, I didn't feel like I should have postponed the first two times I took the Lsat and the third time I thought about postponing each night for a month leading up to the test. I scored in the 99% that third time and wasn't close to that on my first two attempts

What you're feeling is healthy.Always remember u can cancel at the last second. nvr forget that You're in control. You want to take this test because you want to be successful. No one has a gun to your head. Harness your worries and if your gut isn't in the right place (like the anxiety is crippling your ability to stay centered) the night before, postpone.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�