Your Opinion Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
InPursuitOfaPassion

New

Your Opinion

Post by InPursuitOfaPassion » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Just out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the number of hours per day that a person should study? I understand the amount of time needed to improve is unique to the individual and my opinion about how long to study each day reflects this belief. But my curiosity stems from a post by a man who claims that he studied 16 hours a day and that people that he knew who studied somewhere within the 3 hour a day mark saw little to no improvement. I find this almost crazy and wonder if there's an explanation beyond time as to why the 3 hr a day people didnt do as well- quality of studying, perhaps? That maybe those who study less tend to be less invested in the test to the point that they dont really focus or review when prepping. I know, for myself, I got up to 6 hrs a day with no return. In fact, I got worse. Once I went back to half that, my scores went way up again. Now, this is unique to me and I understand that, but this lsat guru is claiming that tons of hours a day is necessary. I know I sound like ive answered my own question, but i havent because im curious to know your opinion.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Your Opinion

Post by Pneumonia » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Yeah a good rule of thumb is not to study much more per day than it takes to sit the actual exam. I think anything beyond the occasional 5-6 hour day and you're studying too much.

NotHermione

New

Re: Your Opinion

Post by NotHermione » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 am

I think it depends on what else you have going on. Personally, I work 40-50 hour weeks so I generally study only 2-3 hours per night during the week and then 4-5 hours a day on weekends. I think anything over 5-6 hours is likely counterproductive. However, I have been studying far longer than the generally recommended 3 months.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”