Start timing right away? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BigKahuna31

New

Start timing right away?

Post by BigKahuna31 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Hey all. I have a question about timing. I am starting up prep this week and was wondering if it would be better to work on problems strictly timed right away? Or should I get my feet wet by working on problems un-timed? Thanks!

BPlaura

Bronze

Re: Start timing right away?

Post by BPlaura » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm

I'd strongly recommend starting untimed. You want to give yourself the change to learn how the questions work, inside and out - once you understand them fully, THEN you can start trying to speed up.

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:23 pm

It's a good idea to take one timed test up front, just to determine where you stand and get a feel for the full-length testing experience. After that, definitely untimed while you get comfortable with the question types and processes.

IgosduIkana

Bronze

Post by IgosduIkana » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:35 pm

TLSanders wrote:It's a good idea to take one timed test up front, just to determine where you stand and get a feel for the full-length testing experience. After that, definitely untimed while you get comfortable with the question types and processes.
Yep

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 am

IgosduIkana wrote:
TLSanders wrote:It's a good idea to take one timed test up front, just to determine where you stand and get a feel for the full-length testing experience. After that, definitely untimed while you get comfortable with the question types and processes.
Yep
I disagree in a few situations.
If you have allotted yourself sufficient study time, you are wasting a future PT. PT is better used to gauge your progress after actually studying. In addition, it can either be very disheartening if you get a low score, or can cause you to feel overconfident. Both of these can cause you harm to your studying.

If you are a retaker after some time off-maybe, just to see where you are.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”