best time to take test ? Fall , summer , spring winter ? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jaysan150

New

best time to take test ? Fall , summer , spring winter ?

Post by jaysan150 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:38 pm

This may be a dumb question but is there a best time to take the test ? Part of me thinks winter . At that time most students are focused with finals and don't devote the appropriate amount of time the LSAT needs . What do y'all think ?

Straw_Mandible

Bronze

Re: best time to take test ? Fall , summer , spring winter ?

Post by Straw_Mandible » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Not curved. Doesn't matter. Take when you're ready.

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 pm

The best time to take the test depends on your application timeline and the other demands in your life. You want to take the test with time to retake if that becomes necessary and still get your applications submitted ahead of the curve, and when you have time to devote to preparation in the 2-3 months leading up to the test.

Based purely on the application cycle, June is typically a good time to take the test because you have your score in July before you really have to dig in to your applications. And, if you get in a car accident on the way to the test or misgrid a whole section or something catastrophic, you can take the test in October and still have your score in plenty of time to adapt your school selection if necessary and prepare your applications.

BPlaura

Bronze

Post by BPlaura » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 pm

There is no "easier" time to take it, if that's what you mean.

The best time to take the LSAT depends on when you have the most time to study and when you're applying. For instance, the June test is good because if you need to re-take, you can do so in October and still get your apps in relatively early. The February test is not so good if you're applying during that same admissions cycle, because you're applying really late in the cycle.

Most people end up taking it in June or October.

thevuch

Silver

Post by thevuch » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm

i think the only relevant information on this for me is that the june lsat is administered at 1PM, the others are all at 830AM. so if youre not a morning person then 1pm may be good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arhoogie

New

Post by arhoogie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:24 pm

If you're on the right timeline, mostly it'll depend on your personal preferences. For example, I am a junior in undergrad. I will be applying to law schools this fall/winter. So, for me, the options I have to take the test are June, Oct (Sept this year), or Dec. Feb is out as most schools don't take those scores, it is too late in the admissions process. Dec is too late to be "safe", if I want to get my apps in early. Oct and June are the only options. An advantage of October is being able to study without school as a distraction during the summer. An advantage of June is having the option to retake if necessary in October, as well as my mind being in the "school mindset" as I study with my other courses. (That's the reason I chose June).

So, there you go. You should consider what your timeline is, if you're in or out of undergrad makes a difference. Don't forget to adjust appropriately if you find you need more time.

jaysan150

New

Post by jaysan150 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:54 pm

I see what y'all mean . My timeline is pretty loose . I already achieved a BA . My gpa was low so I know I need a strong LSAT score . Even worse is this one will be my retake First time I got a 140 . I know the odds aren't in my favor . I am a different approach this time . I read the stickies and searched the forums for tips to do better . I picked up power score bibles for logic games and Reasoning along with plenty of prep tests . I don't work so I have lots of time to devote to the test .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”