Lsat trainer for Logic games? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Lsat trainer for Logic games?

Post by Sgt Brody. » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Hey Guys!

I am planning to take the june 9th lsat, and I have started using the trainer as my primary prep book since a month ago, I wanted to get some of you guys thoughts'/opinions about using the trainer alone for logic games?. I know that powerscore, manhattan, and blueprint has popular logic games books, but has anybody used the trainer alone for logic games? I am half way through the logical reasoning in the trainer, love every bit of it, but I am a but wary of just using the trainer for logic games, and not powerscore/blueprint/manhattan. The main reason is that I can finish the trainer before june, and will be taking a prep course from april-june, and thus dont see myself finishing the powerscore bible. Has anybody used only the trainer, or does anybody have nay thoughts on this plan? Thank you!

rebexness

Gold

Re: Lsat trainer for Logic games?

Post by rebexness » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:06 pm

What prep course? Can you get a refund?

I don't see why the Trainer wouldn't be enough if you combined it with drilling every LG out there. You kind of won't know until you work through it, however.

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Post by Sgt Brody. » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 pm

rebexness wrote:What prep course? Can you get a refund?

I don't see why the Trainer wouldn't be enough if you combined it with drilling every LG out there. You kind of won't know until you work through it, however.

I will be taking a prep course from a small company that has in person classes only in my area, so its not nationally recognized. I like the instructor, it is affordable, and personally would prefer a course as it gives me a proper structure that I would like. So, yea, I also thought the trainer would be enough for logic games, as I am almost done with logical reasoning, and its pretty impressive, but did not know if using the trainer will be enough for logic games, as there are more popular strategy guides for games such as the bible. I felt that that if i did not use the bible/mahattan/blueprint for games, I will be underprepared. Any thoughts on this? Is it an absoute necessity to use bible/mahattan/blueprint for games for someone who games might be the weakest section? Thank you!

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Post by Sgt Brody. » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm

bump.

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Post by Sgt Brody. » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:13 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sgt Brody.

Bronze

Post by Sgt Brody. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 am

Sgt Brody. wrote:.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:50 am

surf

Bronze

Post by surf » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:54 am

I'd consider the Oct test (or late Sep. I believe this year). It will give you an extra few months to really hammer out any weaknesses you have! That's what I'm doing.

LauraS

New

Post by LauraS » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 am

I'm a big fan of the Blueprint book. I think it would be a very nice complement to Mike's Trainer. If you were just doing self-study, I would urge you to do both the Trainer and the Blueprint book.

But the real question for you is whether the Trainer combined with the course you're taking is enough. Since we don't know the quality of the course you're taking, it's hard to answer that question. A great instructor teaching effective methods who's there to answer your questions would be awesome. Combined with the Trainer, you'd be golden.

You may want to get the Blueprint book and see how much of it you can work through, especially if games turn out to be a weak section for you.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

I don't know about using the Trainer alone, but I supplemented it with the Manhattan LG book, and that combo worked quite nicely for me.

TLSanders

Bronze

Post by TLSanders » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:51 pm

It sounds like you know the instructor for the course you'll be taking--why not ask him/her? Sometimes, digging in too far before starting a class can be counterproductive, and the instructor would be able to tell you not just what the pros and cons of each approach are, but which of the materials you're considering are compatible with the course methods.

dp714

New

Post by dp714 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Definitely! I would highly reccomend using LSAT Trainer for just about all sections, and then going through the PS books to help see if any of their strategies seem more appealing to you. But even if not, its worth checking out just for the abundance of diagramming drills in their book. Also check out a couple 7sage videos for those really complicated games and make sure you listen carefully to how he reasons his way through them, because its really intuitive and it will help you a ton as far as getting used to being in the right mindset and thinking correctly while solving the games and questions. Another helpful site is: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/. His posts and videos are quick and straight to the point, so it probably wouldn't hurt to look at his methods for the various games to get yet another perspective.

I went through the MLSAT LG book but I did not get much out of it. However for LR, definitely follow along MLSAT chapters corresponding to those that you do in The Trainer.

The main point though is to start with The Trainer. That alone will put you in a far better position to reach your highest potential score, imo. Compound the other sources on top, with that as your foundation. I hope that helps you. Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”