7sage, Velocity

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ScrewMick180

New

7sage, Velocity

Postby ScrewMick180 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:37 am

I'm looking for a course that's more advanced (170+), not like the traditional courses that are geared toward students who want to achieve a 160 or above.
Does anyone know if 7sage or Velocity would be a good choice? Thank you!

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: 7sage, Velocity

Postby ScottRiqui » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:10 am

Either of those would be suitable, although I think most people use them mainly for Games. They take two very different approaches, so it would be worth it to try both and see which one works better for you. But they're both geared toward high-performers; you won't see any shit like "just try to get through three of the four games", or "go ahead and guess on rule substitution questions, since you'll probably miss them anyway".

7sage spends a little more time on the front end, finding key inferences and possibly breaking up the game into different "worlds" when appropriate. Velocity is focused on rapidly churning out hypotheticals, and expressly tells you not to spend time thinking about the game before you start writing. The 7sage method worked better for me, but I do think the Velocity method of writing out hypotheticals is really good for re-using prior work on later questions.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Postby Clyde Frog » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 am

I used manhattan and then used 7sage explanations on questions that stumped me.

chargers

New

Postby chargers » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 am

I am a huge fan of 7sage, specifically their LG explanations. If you go to their website you can view explanations for every single LG for free--an invaluable tool that helped me out immensely.

FWIW, I ended up buying an entire 7sage course and was not disappointed. I felt like it did a good job teaching the fundamentals of the LSAT and the formal logic behind the questions, not just tricks and tips for identifying right answers like some other things I've came across. JY, the head instructor, also got a 180 on the LSAT and definitely knows what he's talking about.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�