Retake or Attend Law School?

User avatar
Erickt26
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:27 am

In November 2012 I began my LSAT Journey. I started with a diagnostic of 139 and slowly climbed up to an average of 154. I took the LSAT June 2013 after taking Blueprint twice. I cancelled the score. After using 7sages I retook the LSAT in December 2013 and got a 155. Overall I have studied for over a year. I have a LSAC GPA of 3.02 and GPA 155. I have great soft factors and I am an undocumented student.

I plan to stay in Los Angeles. I have 6 options for law schools.

Southwester
Loyola
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC
Wester State College of Law

I have been a year out of undergrad and currently have a full time job. My dream school would be Loyola. Should I retake the LSAT or attend a school like Southwester(accepted) Loyola(pending).

Honestly, after a year, I feel kind of tire of the LSAT and I am afraid of burning out. Any advice. Can I truly see improvements? Any success stories?
Last edited by Erickt26 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby Clearly » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:34 am

<-----

User avatar
Cerebro
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby Cerebro » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:38 am

Erickt26 wrote:In November 2012 I began my LSAT Journey. I started with a diagnostic of 139 and slowly climbed up to an average of 154. I took the LSAT June 2013 after taking Blueprint twice. I cancelled the score. After using 7sages I retook the LSAT in December 2014 and got a 155. Overall I have studied for over a year. I have a LSAC GPA of 3.02 and GPA 155. I have great soft factors and I am an undocumented student.

I plan to stay in Los Angeles. I have 6 options for law schools.

Southwester
Loyola
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC
Wester State College of Law

I have been a year out of undergrad and currently have a full time job. My dream school would be Loyola. Should I retake the LSAT or attend a school like Southwester(accepted) Loyola(pending).

Honestly, after a year, I feel kind of tire of the LSAT and I am afraid of burning out. Any advice. Can I truly see improvements? Any success stories?


Don't quit your job. Don't go to any school that will let you in with a 155 GPA. On the off chance that December 2014 was not a typo, does the test change much over the next year? What will the games be like?

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby BigZuck » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:47 am

Clearly wrote:<-----


Clearly

User avatar
Erickt26
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:57 am

Cerebro wrote:
Erickt26 wrote:In November 2012 I began my LSAT Journey. I started with a diagnostic of 139 and slowly climbed up to an average of 154. I took the LSAT June 2013 after taking Blueprint twice. I cancelled the score. After using 7sages I retook the LSAT in December 2014 and got a 155. Overall I have studied for over a year. I have a LSAC GPA of 3.02 and GPA 155. I have great soft factors and I am an undocumented student.

I plan to stay in Los Angeles. I have 6 options for law schools.

Southwester
Loyola
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC
Wester State College of Law

I have been a year out of undergrad and currently have a full time job. My dream school would be Loyola. Should I retake the LSAT or attend a school like Southwester(accepted) Loyola(pending).

Honestly, after a year, I feel kind of tire of the LSAT and I am afraid of burning out. Any advice. Can I truly see improvements? Any success stories?


Don't quit your job. Don't go to any school that will let you in with a 155 GPA. On the off chance that December 2014 was not a typo, does the test change much over the next year? What will the games be like?

But, can I honestly still increase after one year of study?

User avatar
Cerebro
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby Cerebro » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:09 am

Erickt26 wrote:
Cerebro wrote:
Erickt26 wrote:In November 2012 I began my LSAT Journey. I started with a diagnostic of 139 and slowly climbed up to an average of 154. I took the LSAT June 2013 after taking Blueprint twice. I cancelled the score. After using 7sages I retook the LSAT in December 2014 and got a 155. Overall I have studied for over a year. I have a LSAC GPA of 3.02 and GPA 155. I have great soft factors and I am an undocumented student.

I plan to stay in Los Angeles. I have 6 options for law schools.

Southwester
Loyola
UC Irvine
UCLA
USC
Wester State College of Law

I have been a year out of undergrad and currently have a full time job. My dream school would be Loyola. Should I retake the LSAT or attend a school like Southwester(accepted) Loyola(pending).

Honestly, after a year, I feel kind of tire of the LSAT and I am afraid of burning out. Any advice. Can I truly see improvements? Any success stories?


Don't quit your job. Don't go to any school that will let you in with a 155 GPA. On the off chance that December 2014 was not a typo, does the test change much over the next year? What will the games be like?

But, can I honestly still increase after one year of study?


If you let other people determine what you can or cannot do, you have little hope of succeeding. If someone tells you it is impossible, do you just pack it up and move on, or will you set out to prove them wrong? If someone says you can improve, does it mean you will improve?

sighsigh
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby sighsigh » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:03 am

BigZuck wrote:
Clearly wrote:<-----


Clearly


Objectively

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby northwood » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:22 am

unfortunately, with your goals a 155 will not get you into USC or UCLA, the two schools you should be considering. Take another year off, work and study and try again. Like Law School, the debt you incur from matriculating will not go away ( unless its all paid).

Chin up, and try again

User avatar
HanShotFirst
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby HanShotFirst » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:26 am

Erickt26 wrote:I am an undocumented student.


What do you plan on doing career wise? You can be admitted to the bar now in CA but you still can't be employed by a firm, so you'd have to work solo. That really limits your options.

Regardless, you shouldn't be going to any of those schools. Please retake.

js123
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 am

Re: Retake or Attend Law School?

Postby js123 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Retake. You should definitely rethink your study method. How exactly did you got about it for the December test?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Instrumental, mrgstephe, Tazewell and 15 guests