How much can you improve RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
scootsy

New

How much can you improve RC?

Post by scootsy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I've gotten consistent -0's on the LG, and -2 or -3 on the LR. I know I can ultimately get LR to -0 or -1, but RC kills me. I imagine I can improve some from adopting a more effective strategy, but everywhere I read says that RC is the least likely to see an improvement. I am usually around a -5 or -6, but sometimes am as bad as -9.

Should I devote most of my focus into -0's on the LG and LR, or are the various recommendations I have found on this site or in books (Voyager's strategy or the Manhattan RC strategy guide) going to help me improve my RC score significantly?

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Re: How much can you improve RC?

Post by withoutapaddle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm getting the RC bible for this

furrrman

Bronze

Post by furrrman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 pm

The Manhattan book helped a lot for the RC, both myself and a few other people I know. Its also pretty short and easy to go through.

HanShotFirst

New

Post by HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 am

I was able to make significant improvements in RC (from -7/-8 to -2/-3) with the help of LSAT Blog. Although RC is considered the most difficult section to improve in, you can greatly improve if you learn how to approach it.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/lsat-rea ... -tips.html

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 am

hell yeah I'm self promoting here.

went -5/-6 to -1 on test day, was consistently -0/-1 before that for the last six or so tests.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=216272

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 am

At the very start of studying I went -9/-10 a couple times, and I once got every question wrong on a passage (damn Noguchi!). I improved significantly after that, consistently went 0 to -2 in the final stages of studying, and ended up going -2 on the actual test.

It's definitely possible for a lot of people to make solid gains on RC and I actually found it much easier to improve than LG (my biggest enemy :twisted: ). I didn't find any books that helpful, and for me it was mostly about not marking up so much and not reading so quickly. I was very strong with LR, which you seem to be good at too, and I found it helpful to think of RC questions as LR questions.
scoobers wrote:hell yeah I'm self promoting here.

went -5/-6 to -1 on test day, was consistently -0/-1 before that for the last six or so tests.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=216272
I wish I had noticed that when I was studying. That's a hell of a job you did there!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”