June or September LSAT?

pn40

June or September LSAT?

Postby pn40 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi all,

Will taking the LSAT in September hurt me for the T14 schools (+ any other schools with rolling admissions) vs taking it in June? I've been studying for a couple weeks but am not sure that I will be ready in time for the June test because I am currently working full-time.

Thanks!

haus

Re: June or September LSAT?

Postby haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm

pn40 wrote:Hi all,

Will taking the LSAT in September hurt me for the T14 schools (+ any other schools with rolling admissions) vs taking it in June? I've been studying for a couple weeks but am not sure that I will be ready in time for the June test because I am currently working full-time.

Thanks!

With the downward trend in applicants at all but a handful of schools, I would not be worried about the impact on the release of Sep test scores on your cycle. Pick the test that you think you will be prepared to do your best on.

Good Luck,

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm

It's still very early in the cycle when September scores are released and you can apply for EA/ED at any school with a September/October score. You have nothing to worry about in terms of the timing of your application in the cycle if you don't submit until after September scores are released. Just worry about getting your LSAT score into proper shape, you're already way ahead of the game for the upcoming cycle by starting now.

BPlaura

Postby BPlaura » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:20 am

Most people don't get their applications in until Thanksgiving/Christmas at the earliest, so the September LSAT will allow you plenty of time to get your application in ahead of the curve.

The more important factor is when you'll have the most time to study. If you think you'll have more time to study over the summer then go for it; if you think you'll have more time before June then that's your better option.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”