Kaplan Practice Tests

vaccuousconsumption
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:07 am

Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby vaccuousconsumption » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 am

Hi all,



I signed up for a practice test here in my hometown in Fort Collins Colorado for next Saturday. I’m taking the real one in June. The test is given out by Kaplan test prep peeps. Last time I did one of these I had already taken the test. I don’t remember which one it was but I think it may have been the June ’07 one, not sure though. Anyway is there a way to figure out which Practice Test they will be giving or anything? Or do they give out the same ones? I guess I could ask the lady? Last time she didn’t know… I really need to take a blank test with real conditions and this will be one of my only shots… any advice would be cool. :|

Pancakes12
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby Pancakes12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 am

Just take your own test if you're concerned it will be the same one.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:36 am

vaccuousconsumption wrote:Hi all,



I signed up for a practice test here in my hometown in Fort Collins Colorado for next Saturday. I’m taking the real one in June. The test is given out by Kaplan test prep peeps. Last time I did one of these I had already taken the test. I don’t remember which one it was but I think it may have been the June ’07 one, not sure though. Anyway is there a way to figure out which Practice Test they will be giving or anything? Or do they give out the same ones? I guess I could ask the lady? Last time she didn’t know… I really need to take a blank test with real conditions and this will be one of my only shots… any advice would be cool. :|


Honestly there is no point wasting your time at one of those. You can buy a test for $8 on amazon, or a book of them for $30.

Pancakes12
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 am

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby Pancakes12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:37 am

PattyCake wrote:
vaccuousconsumption wrote:Hi all,



I signed up for a practice test here in my hometown in Fort Collins Colorado for next Saturday. I’m taking the real one in June. The test is given out by Kaplan test prep peeps. Last time I did one of these I had already taken the test. I don’t remember which one it was but I think it may have been the June ’07 one, not sure though. Anyway is there a way to figure out which Practice Test they will be giving or anything? Or do they give out the same ones? I guess I could ask the lady? Last time she didn’t know… I really need to take a blank test with real conditions and this will be one of my only shots… any advice would be cool. :|


Honestly there is no point wasting your time at one of those. You can buy a test for $8 on amazon, or a book of them for $30.


Also this.

vaccuousconsumption
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:07 am

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby vaccuousconsumption » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:44 am

I have some of the tests and am working on taking them but I struggle with giving myself the same conditions as test day. And this test will be in the same room w/ strict time limits and such so I feel like it will really give me an accurate gauge of where I am at. That's why I would hate for it to be one I have taken.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby Clearly » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 am

It will almost certainly be the same test. It's no coincidence they used June 07. That's the free LSAT (57), any other test they would have to license, and pay lsac, to distribute.

User avatar
WaltGrace83
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby WaltGrace83 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:20 pm

it's funny that you mention this because I too registered for the free event with the same question. I figured I would just ask them directly. The company, however, is fucking useless as shown by my email conversation....

However I will say that when I did this my freshman year of college, they administered PT38.


I am registered for free LSAT Prep Test on February 22 at XXX. What Prep Test will be administered?
Thank you


Thank you for contacting Kaplan Test Prep. I understand the importance of your request as it relates to your studies, and I am happy to assist you today.

The test you will be taking is a full length LSAT simulation. It will be the same timing and same question types as the official LSAT test.

Thank you for choosing Kaplan Test Prep as your study partner, and we wish you the best of luck!


Is it an official prep test, though? As in one that was previously administered by LSAC? If so, which one?


Thank you for contacting Kaplan Test Prep. I understand the importance of your request as it relates to your studies, and I am happy to assist you today.

Yes our full length simulated exam is a previously administered by the LSAC.


Thanks, but I am asking which test will be administered. As in, is it June 2007?the December 2008? October 2004? etc. etc. etc.


Kaplan provides email support in answering Grad students' questions about the content of their course material. If you could please email:

kaplanlsatfeedback@kaplan.com

They will be more tham happy to answer your questions.

You can now log into your course and begin your studies at your convenience.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Ask a friend or family member to "proctor" your test, and add a 5th section. My husband did mine and he also occasionally (without being asked, hilarious man that he is) stared at me like I was a criminal during some sections, to give me the experience of having a horrible proctor. The added 5th section alone will make it more realistic because I'm pretty sure Kaplan free test simulations only give you the 4 sections from that test, they don't actually test your endurance for the real scenario.

User avatar
PattyCake
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby PattyCake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:it's funny that you mention this because I too registered for the free event with the same question. I figured I would just ask them directly. The company, however, is fucking useless as shown by my email conversation....

However I will say that when I did this my freshman year of college, they administered PT38.


I am registered for free LSAT Prep Test on February 22 at XXX. What Prep Test will be administered?
Thank you


Thank you for contacting Kaplan Test Prep. I understand the importance of your request as it relates to your studies, and I am happy to assist you today.

The test you will be taking is a full length LSAT simulation. It will be the same timing and same question types as the official LSAT test.

Thank you for choosing Kaplan Test Prep as your study partner, and we wish you the best of luck!


Is it an official prep test, though? As in one that was previously administered by LSAC? If so, which one?


Thank you for contacting Kaplan Test Prep. I understand the importance of your request as it relates to your studies, and I am happy to assist you today.

Yes our full length simulated exam is a previously administered by the LSAC.


Thanks, but I am asking which test will be administered. As in, is it June 2007?the December 2008? October 2004? etc. etc. etc.


Kaplan provides email support in answering Grad students' questions about the content of their course material. If you could please email:

kaplanlsatfeedback@kaplan.com

They will be more tham happy to answer your questions.

You can now log into your course and begin your studies at your convenience.


Also, I was a registered user for their online whatever option, and I sent multiple questions after going through test reviews (which by the way are usually awful - they'll just randomly say "and of course Tanaka can't be in slot 3," without ever mentioning their reasoning) and never received a single answer. Not once in 3 months. Call? On hold.

wwbeyoncedo
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby wwbeyoncedo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 pm

I went to the Kaplan practice test at the college in my area the week before my first official administration. It was a very good experience for me and very different from the "proctored exams" I had given myself, thanks to the 50+ other people in the room.

Kaplan worked with the prelaw group on campus, so I just emailed them and they got me in touch with the campus rep. I emailed him to ask which prep test they were going to use because, as I informed him, there was a good chance I'd already taken it. He was super nice, emailed me back to say it was PT 57 (which I had taken) and said I was welcome to bring me own exam, which I did. The Kaplan people checking students in looked at me a little funny, but it wasn't a big deal. I just left when they did the "Kaplan strategies" portion.

Just because it may not be the best test prep company doesn't mean it can't be useful in some way.

ETA:
PattyCake wrote:The added 5th section alone will make it more realistic because I'm pretty sure Kaplan free test simulations only give you the 4 sections from that test, they don't actually test your endurance for the real scenario.


Nope, they do the full 5-sections. Actually, the administration I went to was exactly like the real thing, except the paper was a different color. It was even in the same room. The only difference was that people were chatting in the practice test and the room was dead silent for the real thing.
Last edited by wwbeyoncedo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BPlaura
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Kaplan Practice Tests

Postby BPlaura » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 pm

It will almost definitely be the June '07 test, for the reason stated by Clearly. However, I disagree that there's no benefit in going to the event - it's a closer simulation of test day conditions than you'll get through anything else, even having a friend proctor you. I'd go but bring your own test.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, Tazewell and 20 guests