Underprepared for Feb. 2014 LSAT

Skool

Underprepared for Feb. 2014 LSAT

Postby Skool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Last edited by Skool on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

StillCutty

Re: Underprepared for Feb. 2014 LSAT

Postby StillCutty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:55 pm

I was in a similar position last year, december didn't go the way I wanted and in February I was burnt out. Ended up waiting another cycle to apply and retook the test in June. Scored higher than I had hoped.

If you aren't applying until next cycle, why not wait on the LSAT? Take your time, study, get comfortable with the test. If you're already stressing, thats probably not the boat you wanna be in heading into the exam. Also, pretty sure there is no advantage to February LSAT score vs. June LSAT score if your waiting until next cycle to apply anyways.

logicspeaks

Postby logicspeaks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I'd say take the test tomorrow and see what happens. If you get a 165 you'll be one of only ~44 African Americans to score that high (See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=214761) meaning you'll likely get significant scholarships from most schools, including Penn. If you don't get as much as you're looking for you can wait and retake, but it might not even be necessary.

For the record, I'm also an African-American taking the test tomorrow. I was HORRIBLE at games in December and missed 13 which gave me a 160. I'm scoring above 165 on PTs now and am expecting good results this cycle with a retake.

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

Postby ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:26 pm

logicspeaks wrote:I'd say take the test tomorrow and see what happens. If you get a 165 you'll be one of only ~44 African Americans to score that high (See this thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4&t=214761) meaning you'll likely get significant scholarships from most schools, including Penn. If you don't get as much as you're looking for you can wait and retake, but it might not even be necessary.

For the record, I'm also an African-American taking the test tomorrow. I was HORRIBLE at games in December and missed 13 which gave me a 160. I'm scoring above 165 on PTs now and am expecting good results this cycle with a retake.

I agree...worst case scenario is you don't do as well as you hope and this is just another practice test. Its basically a pressure free take unless you think you'll eventually need to take it three times.

jlk411

Postby jlk411 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:53 pm

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:I'd say take the test tomorrow and see what happens. If you get a 165 you'll be one of only ~44 African Americans to score that high (See this thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4&t=214761) meaning you'll likely get significant scholarships from most schools, including Penn. If you don't get as much as you're looking for you can wait and retake, but it might not even be necessary.

I agree...worst case scenario is you don't do as well as you hope and this is just another practice test. Its basically a pressure free take unless you think you'll eventually need to take it three times.

I think you should wait and take Sept/Oct. This cycle I believe is showing that they are not just letting anyone in because of URM status, I think despite being URM (i am one) you should still shoot for your highest score and not what is acceptable due to low numbers of applicants of color.

Skool

Postby Skool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Last edited by Skool on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brettanomyces

Postby Brettanomyces » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:12 pm

I was in an eerily similar position. I had dropped off in PT average, was looking to withdraw, but ended up taking it anyway (then I spend most of the next week wondering if I should cancel, and didn't). I ended up doing well.

Just try it, and if you don't do so hot, try again in time for next cycle. The fact that a couple of the top schools have extended their deadline and have begun accepting Feb scores means that you'll be in a good spot with a 165+, I think.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”