February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

HanShotFirst

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

I don't think the proctor is supposed to say "box 14 if you want to cancel." I assume it's just additional housekeeping info.

NoLieAbility

Postby NoLieAbility » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:48 pm

They didn't. I wasn't paying attention, and my fear of screwing up after the fact created a false memory. I was too busy dreaming about summering in New Haven...

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 pm

What did everyone do after they took the lsat? I laughed a little when I saw people posting that they couldn't remember what they did prior to prep, but I honestly can't remember.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Nicolena. wrote:What did everyone do after they took the lsat? I laughed a little when I saw people posting that they couldn't remember what they did prior to prep, but I honestly can't remember.

Like what is real life?

Seriously I don't really know anymore. I kind of feel like I'm re-entering society from a clinic or something.

I'm going to triple up on work and save money -- I know that much. But gosh. Real life...

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 pm

zhenders wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:What did everyone do after they took the lsat? I laughed a little when I saw people posting that they couldn't remember what they did prior to prep, but I honestly can't remember.

Like what is real life?

Seriously I don't really know anymore. I kind of feel like I'm re-entering society from a clinic or something.

I'm going to triple up on work and save money -- I know that much. But gosh. Real life...

the weirdest thing IMO is having free time again, whereas before any free moment should have been spent studying. Not feeling guilty watching TV or reading a book or going out is great

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 am

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:

Like what is real life?

the weirdest thing IMO is having free time again, whereas before any free moment should have been spent studying. Not feeling guilty watching TV or reading a book or going out is great

Finally being able to read something non-lsat related sounds amazing. I didn't even think of that. Its funny thinking about how the lsat deprives us of simple joys.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:02 am

Reading again is totally a thing.

Yay real life =)

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:03 am

Back on TLS after spending a few days away trying not to think about the test much at all.

One week to go!

TLS2011

Postby TLS2011 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:54 am

I know this was stated, but I'm just curious as to if anyone else had heard. For the people who did the make-up exam, are their scores going to be released at the same time? Is that how December did their score release?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 am

TLS2011 wrote:I know this was stated, but I'm just curious as to if anyone else had heard. For the people who did the make-up exam, are their scores going to be released at the same time? Is that how December did their score release?

Same day, yup, just like December.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Whew. It's funny being back in the "TLS all the time" zone. In between the test cancellation and yesterday's reschedule, I pulled away so much to detune. It's totally a trip knowing that even once we have our scores, many of us are still at the beginning of the process. For those of you who are applying this cycle and have your shit together -- I've got some jealousy goin' on here.

On the other hand, I will finally get to be in on the HoC action -- which starts today. For this I am excited.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

zhenders wrote:Whew. It's funny being back in the "TLS all the time" zone. In between the test cancellation and yesterday's reschedule, I pulled away so much to detune. It's totally a trip knowing that even once we have our scores, many of us are still at the beginning of the process. For those of you who are applying this cycle and have your shit together -- I've got some jealousy goin' on here.

On the other hand, I will finally get to be in on the HoC action -- which starts today. For this I am excited.

I haven't read many of the past five or so pages -- a re-schedule of a re-schedule, what??

I've got everything (LoRs, transcripts, resumes, apps) set to go; all I need is a score. I need a pretty good score, actually. We'll see. If it doesn't work out then I'll join most of you in the Class of 2018 :-)

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
zhenders wrote:Whew. It's funny being back in the "TLS all the time" zone. In between the test cancellation and yesterday's reschedule, I pulled away so much to detune. It's totally a trip knowing that even once we have our scores, many of us are still at the beginning of the process. For those of you who are applying this cycle and have your shit together -- I've got some jealousy goin' on here.

I haven't read many of the past five or so pages -- a re-schedule of a re-schedule, what??

I've got everything (LoRs, transcripts, resumes, apps) set to go; all I need is a score. I need a pretty good score, actually. We'll see. If it doesn't work out then I'll join most of you in the Class of 2018 :-)

Full faith in you, man; that score is coming. Good to know that you have it all ready to rock. Love it.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Yess it's so good

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:20 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Um, maybe this is me..

but i swear my lsat score said march 6.....now it says march 5.

….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:25 pm

zhenders wrote:
TLS2011 wrote:It's kind of ignorant for you to gauge how much time somebody put into the test without talking to everyone there. I didn't talk to a person in my room, but I can't come on here and say they didn't prepare for the test. How do you know? Because they didn't boast and act like they knew everything?

Whoa there bud. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here okay? Nor am I trying to offend anyone. During the break and before the test, I overheard a lot of conversations, as well as on the way out. I'm singling no one out whatsoever, and I am not making fun. I wish everyone in that test center 180s.

Now chill the fuck out. We keep it friendly here.

….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
zhenders wrote:
TLS2011 wrote:It's kind of ignorant for you to gauge how much time somebody put into the test without talking to everyone there. I didn't talk to a person in my room, but I can't come on here and say they didn't prepare for the test. How do you know? Because they didn't boast and act like they knew everything?

Whoa there bud. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here okay? Nor am I trying to offend anyone. During the break and before the test, I overheard a lot of conversations, as well as on the way out. I'm singling no one out whatsoever, and I am not making fun. I wish everyone in that test center 180s.

Zhenders!!! No swearing allowed! :mrgreen:

I agree with the rest of your post…

At my testing center, one girl was sharpening pencils laughing her behind off…sorry, it doesn't scream as someone who was preparing for 3-4 months…not trying to pre-judge here, but her behavior just doesn't make sense. Other girl told us all that she is giving it a try without any prep. Hm…makes you think.

Maybe she was laughing manically because after 6 months of prep she lost her sanity

haus

Postby haus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:24 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:Maybe she was laughing manically because after 6 months of prep she lost her sanity

It is unlikely that sanity would be worth much to someone during law school anyway...

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:46 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
zhenders wrote:

Zhenders!!! No swearing allowed! :mrgreen:

I agree with the rest of your post…

At my testing center, one girl was sharpening pencils laughing her behind off…sorry, it doesn't scream as someone who was preparing for 3-4 months…not trying to pre-judge here, but her behavior just doesn't make sense. Other girl told us all that she is giving it a try without any prep. Hm…makes you think.

Maybe she was laughing manically because after 6 months of prep she lost her sanity

….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Postby haus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:Someone who cared about the test so much would have their pencils sharpened prior to coming. Right?

Perhaps she really valued a freshly sharpened pencil.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm

That newly-sharpened wood smell... I think I get it :)

And hey it's all good. I mean the truth is, there's a good chance many of us were like super under-preparers at other times in our lives. I did well on them relatively speaking, but truthfully, after studying as much as I have for the LSAT, I kick myself for my complete LACK of study for things like the ACT and later on the GRE. Granted, they may not have had exactly the same impact as the LSAT does, but they're important nonetheless, and I had that exact same attitude: "I'll just wing it."

Then again, this is also the first standardized test I've taken that I have genuine respect for -- it's a legit test that really can be studied for, and which isn't just BS -- the skills it demands of us are real-world important. I can understand how, if someone doesn't do their homework, they might just assume that the LSAT is no more than another BS standardized test, and blow it off.

Not that anyone foolhardy enough to get into law school-sized debt is excused from not doing their research -- but on some level it's understandable.

Learn_Live_Hope

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 pm

zhenders wrote:That newly-sharpened wood smell... I think I get it :)

And hey it's all good. I mean the truth is, there's a good chance many of us were like super under-preparers at other times in our lives. I did well on them relatively speaking, but truthfully, after studying as much as I have for the LSAT, I kick myself for my complete LACK of study for things like the ACT and later on the GRE. Granted, they may not have had exactly the same impact as the LSAT does, but they're important nonetheless, and I had that exact same attitude: "I'll just wing it."

Then again, this is also the first standardized test I've taken that I have genuine respect for -- it's a legit test that really can be studied for, and which isn't just BS -- the skills it demands of us are real-world important. I can understand how, if someone doesn't do their homework, they might just assume that the LSAT is no more than another BS standardized test, and blow it off.

Not that anyone foolhardy enough to get into law school-sized debt is excused from not doing their research -- but on some level it's understandable.

Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

That's ok. She and everyone else that didn't prepare well will gain a new respect for this test first week of March. Then, she will sharpen her pencils the day before the test, not the morning of the test. :mrgreen: :wink:

The other day I was talking to a younger friend's younger boyfriend (a freshman in undergrad), and he told me he was registered for the June LSAT and that he was going to take it cold "just to see what it's all about." Really, dude? You're going to register for the test four months in advance but you're not going to prepare at ALL? (And you didn't think about maybe just googling it to see if it's a good idea?)

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:33 am

xylocarp wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

That's ok. She and everyone else that didn't prepare well will gain a new respect for this test first week of March. Then, she will sharpen her pencils the day before the test, not the morning of the test. :mrgreen: :wink:

The other day I was talking to a younger friend's younger boyfriend (a freshman in undergrad), and he told me he was registered for the June LSAT and that he was going to take it cold "just to see what it's all about." Really, dude? You're going to register for the test four months in advance but you're not going to prepare at ALL? (And you didn't think about maybe just googling it to see if it's a good idea?)

Ok, now THIS qualifies as officially stupid. Seriously. That's called "check out my cool excuse to be friggin lazy." Hopefully your friend can disabuse her boyfriend of this idiocy. If not... He's possibly a poor relational investment :-P

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:40 am

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”