February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

haus

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby haus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:51 am

Jeffort wrote:
haus wrote:
zatharus wrote:Dang, I miss the Clinton years.

Well the country may be in for a big round of nostalgia soon.

Nah. Even if she manages to get elected I doubt she'll have Bill's luck with young willing interns, at least I hope not since that would be a super weird salacious scandal.

Yeah, no chance of having a Clinton scandal...

Has there been any recent examples of the first spouse being rumored of cheating?

Brumfiss

Postby Brumfiss » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:57 am

HanShotFirst wrote:I plan on doing a lot of reading to pass the time until score release; can anyone recommend a decent thriller novel? Perhaps something newer from a lesser known author?

Hey Han, got a few suggestions, a few sci fi thrillers mixed in if you're into that kind of thing.

Ancestor - Scott Sigler
Brainrush - Richard Bard
Wired - Douglas E Richards
The Abbey - Chris Culver
Public Enemy Zero - Andrew Mayne
Nightgame - Carol Davis Luce

And if you're into steampunk with magic elements (think Bioshock meets LotR) the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson is awesome and worth the time. Also First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie - similar fantasy elements but much darker.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:10 pm

The past week and change waiting for this rescheduled test has felt longer than the months of study EVER did. Y'all I'm so ready to be able to relax into "fuck it, what'd done is done" mode with all of you. For serious.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 pm

zhenders wrote:The past week and change waiting for this rescheduled test has felt longer than the months of study EVER did. Y'all I'm so ready to be able to relax into "fuck it, what'd done is done" mode with all of you. For serious.

Yeah that sucks, Z. I can't even imagine. At least you won't have too long a wait between test day and score release! That is, if the rumors that delayed test scores will come out the same day as regular scores are true.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:39 pm

My LSAC account went gray...

No it didnt. Ugh

user has been banned for score release trolling

MidwestLifer

Postby MidwestLifer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Pretty sure I had some type of panic attack while trying to sleep last night, which is bizarre for me because I am generally neither a stressful nor neurotic person... Yeeeeesh just give me my number!

sanibella

Post removed

Postby sanibella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

generalmead

Postby generalmead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Here's hoping for two weeks until scores released!

My heart goes out to those of you still waiting for the re-schedule, I can't even imagine.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 pm

BankruptMe wrote:My LSAC account went gray...
[...]
No it didnt. Ugh

It is way too early to trick anybody with this haha.

sanibella wrote:But in reality, will this score really matter when applying if I get a better one next time? Okay, specifically to Penn :)

Nope! So glad we're no longer in the era in which schools averaged LSAT scores.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm

sanibella wrote:Was all fine and dandy until last night, too. Now I am ticked. I know I could have done better. But I will just have to fix that and work, work, work.

But in reality, will this score really matter when applying if I get a better one next time? Okay, specifically to Penn :)

Question: was it ever confirmed that everyone who had the same experimental section type had them in identical sequences or no?

Everyone with 3 LR's seemed to have them in the same order

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:54 pm

sanibella wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:
sanibella wrote:Was all fine and dandy until last night, too. Now I am ticked. I know I could have done better. But I will just have to fix that and work, work, work.

But in reality, will this score really matter when applying if I get a better one next time? Okay, specifically to Penn :)

Question: was it ever confirmed that everyone who had the same experimental section type had them in identical sequences or no?

Everyone with 3 LR's seemed to have them in the same order

I had three LRs; had a heartstopping (not really) moment last night when I read some blog that said the third section was, in fact, the experimental and not the first like I had thought. I thought that perhaps the order of the sections was switched because THE THIRD MUST COUNT. :mrgreen:

Can you link to this? The third one (the easy one), at least my third one, definitely counted. This has been confirmed to me personally by 10+ people who didn't have LR experimental and remembered different questions from the third section/second LR.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 pm

No it didnt. Ugh

lolwut.

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Post removed
Last edited by sanibella on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:04 pm

sanibella wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
sanibella wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:Everyone with 3 LR's seemed to have them in the same order

I had three LRs; had a heartstopping (not really) moment last night when I read some blog that said the third section was, in fact, the experimental and not the first like I had thought. I thought that perhaps the order of the sections was switched because THE THIRD MUST COUNT. :mrgreen:

Can you link to this? The third one (the easy one), at least my third one, definitely counted. This has been confirmed to me personally by 10+ people who didn't have LR experimental and remembered different questions from the third section/second LR.

http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat- ... ng-cometh/
Last commenter. So not exactly a reliable source but HE SAID HE READ TLS- obviously a champ.

I like how our poll is screenshotted in that blog post, haha.

The commenter you're referring to says, "You (sic) 3rd LR (not the hardest one mind you), was experimental."

It seems to me that he means section 5 - the third LR. But I was pretty sure the first LR was experimental, and the LSAT has very, very rarely had an experimental section that wasn't in the first three sections. The only one I'm really 100% sure on is that section 3, or second LR, was real. This was the one with the answer choices about kittens and puppies (that's all I remember at this point...).

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:07 pm

xylocarp wrote:
sanibella wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
sanibella wrote:

http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat- ... ng-cometh/
Last commenter. So not exactly a reliable source but HE SAID HE READ TLS- obviously a champ.

I like how our poll is screenshotted in that blog post, haha.

The commenter you're referring to says, "You (sic) 3rd LR (not the hardest one mind you), was experimental."

It seems to me that he means section 5 - the third LR. But I was pretty sure the first LR was experimental, and the LSAT has very, very rarely had an experimental section that wasn't in the first three sections. The only one I'm really 100% sure on is that section 3, or second LR, was real. This was the one with the answer choices about kittens and puppies (that's all I remember at this point...).

I agree that he means the fifth section. I was also convinced the first was the experimental, though not due to stats. (Circular linear games RARELY appear muahaha)

Oh my, the growing kitten question? I thought it was sort of funny. But I find humor in bizarre places, so you know.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:

No it didnt. Ugh

lolwut.

Don't joke about icons going gray, you get banned.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:I plan on doing a lot of reading to pass the time until score release; can anyone recommend a decent thriller novel? Perhaps something newer from a lesser known author?

I don't know about a thriller, but a week before the LSAT I won an advance copy of The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick (guy who wrote Silver Linings Playbook). Started it the evening after the test and it's amaaaaazing, couldn't put it down until I finished the whole thing. I think it was officially released a week after I got it so you should be able to find it now.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Unrelated gif time

--ImageRemoved--

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:15 pm

xylocarp wrote:Unrelated gif time

--ImageRemoved--

I wanted to do that so badly after the LG section last week.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Srsly tho... House of Cards, you guys. None of my friends have finished it yet! (I know, I need new friends.)

Has ANYONE out there gotten through to the end?

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:24 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:Srsly tho... House of Cards, you guys. None of my friends have finished it yet! (I know, I need new friends.)

Has ANYONE out there gotten through to the end?

Not a waiter, but yes.

UNTEagles

Postby UNTEagles » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Hey guys, I am the one who wrote that Blueprint post in question....

My apologies, I suppose I wasn't as clear as I ought to have been. The post that insinuates the experimental LR was the 3rd LR, which has apparently made a few people nervous, was not meant to do that. It was a post in response to another individual on the board who had asked a question about the nature of the experimental section of the exam, and it was meant as a hypothetical explanation of what a LSAT would look like, experimental section included. Specifically, for the post in question, I used "3rd LR section" to refer only to the LR section, not one of the first two, that is an experimental one.... Looking back, it wasn't very clear at all, and I apologize for any undue stress that may have caused any of you.

For the record, my exam had the LG experimental, and that section came second for me.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

UNTEagles wrote:Hey guys, I am the one who wrote that Blueprint post in question....

My apologies, I suppose I wasn't as clear as I ought to have been. The post that insinuates the experimental LR was the 3rd LR, which has apparently made a few people nervous, was not meant to do that. It was a post in response to another individual on the board who had asked a question about the nature of the experimental section of the exam, and it was meant as a hypothetical explanation of what a LSAT would look like, experimental section included. Specifically, for the post in question, I used "3rd LR section" to refer only to the LR section, not one of the first two, that is an experimental one.... Looking back, it wasn't very clear at all, and I apologize for any undue stress that may have caused any of you.

For the record, my exam had the LG experimental, and that section came second for me.

Thanks for making an account and clarifying! That's good to know.

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Im so sick of French class. What do you guys think is worse, a B or a W??

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”