February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

mirroroferised7

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

cloy26 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
cloy26 wrote:Are any of the waiters straight out of UG? How many of us have work exp.?

I've been out for a year and have worked at the same firm for three - internship turned into a FT position.

I'll be straight out of UG and I'm graduating in three years :( I've worked throughout though so I'm hoping that will slightly mitigate the KJD status

I'm envious (in a way) of your ability to positively impact your GPA. Once I really decided law school was my next step my GPA was nearly set in stone. Hindsight is always 20/20.

My GPA is always a source of vehement anger for me. My first three UG semesters were as a "dance major", in a department that didn't believe in giving A's because they wanted students to have something to aspire to. I showed up for every class and worked my ass off, and I still got straight B's.

Then I switched to a real major and got straight A's.

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:25 am

mirroroferised7 wrote:
cloy26 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
cloy26 wrote:Are any of the waiters straight out of UG? How many of us have work exp.?

I've been out for a year and have worked at the same firm for three - internship turned into a FT position.

I'll be straight out of UG and I'm graduating in three years :( I've worked throughout though so I'm hoping that will slightly mitigate the KJD status

I'm envious (in a way) of your ability to positively impact your GPA. Once I really decided law school was my next step my GPA was nearly set in stone. Hindsight is always 20/20.

My GPA is always a source of vehement anger for me. My first three UG semesters were as a "dance major", in a department that didn't believe in giving A's because they wanted students to have something to aspire to. I showed up for every class and worked my ass off, and I still got straight B's.

Wish i would have chosen a real major. :oops:
Last edited by cloy26 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 am

mirroroferised7 wrote:
cloy26 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

Wow, that sucks. I've heard of similar stories from art school kids whose GPAs aren't good, but they also aren't at all indicative of the sort of academic ability that is relevant for law school.

I am happy that I decided on law school before it was too late. My first semester I got a 3.2 as a slacker advertising major (not ever going to class or studying nets you a 3.2 as an advertising major at my school), but after that I decided to go to law school and buckled down academically for the first time in my life. I've managed to get my GPA up to pretty much every school's median, but if I had decided on law school even one or two semesters later I wouldn't even be close.

MidwestLifer

Postby MidwestLifer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Potential K-JD here also! I only seriously began considering law school last year, but luckily I did well in classes from the start because I felt like I had to. :oops:

Anyone else feel like their score is dropping with each day that passes? I felt like I was going to hit my target range when I left, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see 140. Pretty sure my expectation by the time scores actually release will be that I just turned in a blank Scantron.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

^ Yep, I completely get that. I think most of us do. Can you believe it hasn't even been a week?

Anyone have exciting Valentine's day plans? Personally I planned ahead and got my SO hooked on House of Cards a few months ago, so now we can just binge watch that and get takeout instead of doing the whole fancy dinner thing. This is our third Valentine's so neither of us are trying to prove anything, haha.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

xylocarp wrote:^ Yep, I completely get that. I think most of us do. Can you believe it hasn't even been a week?

omfg. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 pm

xylocarp wrote:^ Yep, I completely get that. I think most of us do. Can you believe it hasn't even been a week?

Anyone have exciting Valentine's day plans? Personally I planned ahead and got my SO hooked on House of Cards a few months ago, so now we can just binge watch that and get takeout instead of doing the whole fancy dinner thing. This is our third Valentine's so neither of us are trying to prove anything, haha.

I'm starting up house of cards tonight and doing the traditional ice skating and dinner.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:12 pm

thevuch wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:
thevuch wrote:i would do some pretty ridiculous things if it meant i was able to get my score right now. like REALLY crazy things. what does this say about me.

I would do moose stuff

what is moose stuff

lolllll moose stuff?

also, was this really a very hard exam? there was only a few question I was worried about in LR and that may have been the experimental section and I thought LG and RC were cake.
This is worrying and calming me down haha

haus

Postby haus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

90convoy wrote:

I'm starting up house of cards tonight and doing the traditional ice skating and dinner.

Dinner while ice skating? You are far more coordinated than I am.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:25 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:also, was this really a very hard exam? there was only a few question I was worried about in LR and that may have been the experimental section and I thought LG and RC were cake.

Opinions differ, and I don't necessarily agree with it but I believe the general consensus is that RC was slightly more difficult than average, LG was much more difficult than average (or at least threw a lot of people off with the circle game), and LR was average ish.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:27 pm

haus wrote:
90convoy wrote:

90 is actually an Olympic figure skater. He took the test at Sochi State University.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm

haus wrote:
90convoy wrote:

He makes it sound (and look) so easy.

But how did he ever get a girlfriend?

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:also, was this really a very hard exam? there was only a few question I was worried about in LR and that may have been the experimental section and I thought LG and RC were cake.

Opinions differ, and I don't necessarily agree with it but I believe the general consensus is that RC was slightly more difficult than average, LG was much more difficult than average (or at least threw a lot of people off with the circle game), and LR was average ish.

TITCRIMO

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 pm

cloy26 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

TITCRIMO

idk what that is but it sounds dirty

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
cloy26 wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

TITCRIMO

idk what that is but it sounds dirty

lol. "this is the credited response in my opinion"

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:04 pm

OP forgot the option for just DRUGS.

And by WHAT MATHS are we halfway through waiting?!

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm

The combination of therapy and drugs seems to be the only viable option these days. :|

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:44 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:OP forgot the option for just DRUGS.

And by WHAT MATHS are we halfway through waiting?!

Accurate math!
(wishful thinking)

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 pm

OP IS AN IDIOT

No srsly, no idea how my math worked out that way, and you're right -- where's the just drugs option?

We'll go with wishful thinking for the first. And wait a second there IS a just drugs option. So I'm only a maths screw-up this time around.

Seriously though no one else has LSAT man drowning puppies dreams? I haven't even taken it yet and I'm kind of there.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

zhenders wrote:OP IS AN IDIOT

No srsly, no idea how my math worked out that way, and you're right -- where's the just drugs option?

We'll go with wishful thinking for the first. And wait a second there IS a just drugs option. So I'm only a maths screw-up this time around.

Seriously though no one else has LSAT man drowning puppies dreams? I haven't even taken it yet and I'm kind of there.

OP SUCKS

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Not perscription kind, silly OP! We're going into LAW SCHOOL.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:35 pm

IF ANYONE HAS SEEN HOUSE OF CARDS S2EP1 PM ME BECAUSE HOLY SHIT

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm

xylocarp wrote:IF ANYONE HAS SEEN HOUSE OF CARDS S2EP1 PM ME BECAUSE HOLY SHIT

still trying to bum someones netflix info so I can start watching again 8)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:58 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:
xylocarp wrote:IF ANYONE HAS SEEN HOUSE OF CARDS S2EP1 PM ME BECAUSE HOLY SHIT

still trying to bum someones netflix info so I can start watching again 8)

free 30 day trial?

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Ep1 was crazy

I said OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTtt

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”