February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

90convoy

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby 90convoy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:19 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Got a Penn Law brochure in the mail. Forgot I asked for it in December.

Lol. will need to retake for that

U takin in June?

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
thevuch wrote:
-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit[/qu

dude trust yourself man. your brain doesnt forget how to do something after doing it for hours a day for months on end. its not just gonna blank out. our minds are better than that. i bet you did fine.

i was so shook up though. I feel like I am going to faint now just talking about it. I was down to 5 minutes for the last RC passage and LG game. Those last few questions are in the Lord's hands. I got too caught up and couldn't keep track of time.

You already got into your first choice school? That's awesome man. I'd be grateful for that shit

Are you applying this cycle? Is this your first take ? And look at the scales of past tests when you get in the 158-164 range it's usually at least 2 sometimes 3 more missed questions each scaled point decrease so like a 164 is 80 questions right a 158 could be 69-70 questions right. A 158 isn't good by TLS standards but if you cN retake it's not a complete disaster to have a 158esque score on your LSAC file

I have already gotten into my first choice school with a 3.75 GPA and 159. I retook this feb for a scholarship increase from said school. Ugh I don't know what to expect now after these threads. I needed 162 for a scholly increase

You already got into your first choice school? That's awesome man. I'd be grateful
Last edited by thevuch on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:28 pm

90convoy wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Got a Penn Law brochure in the mail. Forgot I asked for it in December.

Lol. will need to retake for that

U takin in June?

90% sure

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Attax wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:In most cases I would deff agree with u on the the admission wait> lsat by far. But its like apples and oranges in a sense especially if it isn't your first take.

True, I wouldn't know. I only sat for the test once.

Way I see it is LSAT you have 3 options
Admissions you may have multiples, but you have to decide each time if it is worth it. Picking that school at that price. Your one shot. For the rest of your life. That is much more stressful than waiting on a silly number.

Completely agree, but when you look at it that # can cause you 80% of your heartache during the admissions cycle depending on how well you do again this will vary from person o person and the score.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:
Attax wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:In most cases I would deff agree with u on the the admission wait> lsat by far. But its like apples and oranges in a sense especially if it isn't your first take.

True, I wouldn't know. I only sat for the test once.

Way I see it is LSAT you have 3 options
Admissions you may have multiples, but you have to decide each time if it is worth it. Picking that school at that price. Your one shot. For the rest of your life. That is much more stressful than waiting on a silly number.

Completely agree, but when you look at it that # can cause you 80% of your heartache during the admissions cycle depending on how well you do again this will vary from person o person and the score.

Oh for sure, I think that on the third try it could be worse than the admissions. But I think it varies from person to person. I am a splitter with a <3.0 GPA, so waiting on admissions was quite stressful because it can become a crapshoot.

zatharus

Postby zatharus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:08 pm

I hear ya on the whole crapshoot thing.

My UGPA is on the low end, and reflective of who I was 15 years ago.

I really wish it didn't weigh as heavily as it does in the admissions process, but it is what it is.

Just curious Attax, what schools are you looking at?

msdiiva

Postby msdiiva » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Finally done being a lurker. Would love to know more about which T14 have extended deadlines though. Good luck to all.

Slightly terrified. I have never had issues with time (at least finishing with a minute left) and this time around, I was down to the wire guessing on almost every section (except experimental LG- that was ridiculously easy). This is the last time I could take the LSAT so here goes nothing.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 pm

zatharus wrote:I hear ya on the whole crapshoot thing.

I really wish it didn't weigh as heavily as it does in the admissions process, but it is what it is.

I'm waiting to hear from Northwestern. In at WUSTL, Washington & Lee, Houston, Baylor. Currently planning to attend Texas where I have full tuition exemption + 1/2 COL covered.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

December was -14, and this was arguably just as difficult if not more so.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Ahhh ok here comes the TTTTs

Got a "hope the LSAT went well!" email from Univ of St. Thomas. Never heard of it.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:16 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Ahhh ok here comes the TTTTs

Got a "hope the LSAT went well!" email from Univ of St. Thomas. Never heard of it.

Tip: unsubscribe buttons at the bottom.

haus

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Attax wrote:

Alternate Tip: Avoid unsubscribe links. Many unscrupulous mail vendors/companies will sell the email and related info to spammers/phishers.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 pm

haus wrote:
Attax wrote:

Alternate Tip: Avoid unsubscribe links. Many unscrupulous mail vendors/companies will sell the email and related info to spammers/phishers.

I'd hope that's not law schools, but I wouldn't put it past some.

ElliotNessquire

Postby ElliotNessquire » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Attax wrote:

I'm waiting to hear from Northwestern. In at WUSTL, Washington & Lee, Houston, Baylor. Currently planning to attend Texas where I have full tuition exemption + 1/2 COL covered.

Did you visit WashU? That's a school that I am pretty interested in if my February score comes back where I want it! I don't know how anyone could say no to the offer UT is giving you, congrats!

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 pm

ElliotNessquire wrote:
Attax wrote:

Did you visit WashU? That's a school that I am pretty interested in if my February score comes back where I want it! I don't know how anyone could say no to the offer UT is giving you, congrats!

Not yet. I'm probably going to the April ASW, as the March one is during one of the UT events I am going to.

I have already put a deposit on an apt in Austin, but figured if NU gives me enough money then I'll just sublease it to another Texas Law student.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Two days later and I'm feeling better. Still don't think I scored near my PT average but it would surprise me if I did TRULY bomb the damn thing. In other words, I can go into June feeling like there won't be too much of a gap to close :-)

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Two days later and I'm feeling better. Still don't think I scored near my PT average but it would surprise me if I did TRULY bomb the damn thing. In other words, I can go into June feeling like there won't be too much of a gap to close :-)

Yep. Give it a week or two and you'll be in a "my score is what it is" mode. I honestly forgot about it after about 2 weeks.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:26 am

dude trust yourself man. your brain doesnt forget how to do something after doing it for hours a day for months on end. its not just gonna blank out. our minds are better than that. i bet you did fine.[/quote]

i was so shook up though. I feel like I am going to faint now just talking about it. I was down to 5 minutes for the last RC passage and LG game. Those last few questions are in the Lord's hands. I got too caught up and couldn't keep track of time.[/quote]

You already got into your first choice school? That's awesome man. I'd be grateful for that shit

Are you applying this cycle? Is this your first take ? And look at the scales of past tests when you get in the 158-164 range it's usually at least 2 sometimes 3 more missed questions each scaled point decrease so like a 164 is 80 questions right a 158 could be 69-70 questions right. A 158 isn't good by TLS standards but if you cN retake it's not a complete disaster to have a 158esque score on your LSAC file[/quote]

I have already gotten into my first choice school with a 3.75 GPA and 159. I retook this feb for a scholarship increase from said school. Ugh I don't know what to expect now after these threads. I needed 162 for a scholly increase[/quote]

You already got into your first choice school? That's awesome man. I'd be grateful[/quote]

at 20 k a year though plus cost of living i wanted this lsat to be go well to get more scholarship money

Brumfiss

Postby Brumfiss » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 am

Hey all, long time lurker. These forums have been a life saver during studying and I followed the TLS strategies for prepping religiously. 174 on a twenty test average; low 172 high 177. Cold diag was a 167 and as a splitter I owe a lot to TLS for at least giving me a shot at T-14.

Just want to throw my $0.02 confidence boost out there to all the waiters: one odd RC passage and an esoteric LG will not break us - we worked too hard and will absolutely hit our averages or die trying! However I expect much posting over the next three weeks to keep us from ending up naked in a cornfield singing Barbra Streisand's The Way We Were. Or maybe that's just me. I've said too much.

haus

Postby haus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 am

Welcome BrumFiss!

Don't worry your secret will be safe with us.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:09 am

Brumfiss wrote:Hey all, long time lurker. These forums have been a life saver during studying and I followed the TLS strategies for prepping religiously. 174 on a twenty test average; low 172 high 177. Cold diag was a 167 and as a splitter I owe a lot to TLS for at least giving me a shot at T-14.

Just want to throw my $0.02 confidence boost out there to all the waiters: one odd RC passage and an esoteric LG will not break us - we worked too hard and will absolutely hit our averages or die trying! However I expect much posting over the next three weeks to keep us from ending up naked in a cornfield singing Barbra Streisand's The Way We Were. Or maybe that's just me. I've said too much.

Amen bro ... I can't say I've ever heard that phrase tho. Naked in a cornfield and all

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

I'm starting to get really impatient waiting for them to reschedule this retake.....

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 am

Nicolena. wrote:I'm starting to get really impatient waiting for them to reschedule this retake.....

What's your plan until you hear?

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:29 am

xylocarp wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I'm starting to get really impatient waiting for them to reschedule this retake.....

I planned to take a pt every other day but I may just drill until Thursday. Then take a test on Thursday. I'm worried bc I'm running out of tests. I wish I could at least know if it's this weekend or next. Everyone seems pretty convinced that it'll be next weekend bc of the holiday but the 21st seems so close to the release date so idk.....

I heard you guys had a pretty rough test. That sucks. I'm sure you all did fine though. :)

TLS2011

Postby TLS2011 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:36 am

Nicolena. wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

I planned to take a pt every other day but I may just drill until Thursday. Then take a test on Thursday. I'm worried bc I'm running out of tests. I wish I could at least know if it's this weekend or next. Everyone seems pretty convinced that it'll be next weekend bc of the holiday but the 21st seems so close to the release date so idk.....

I heard you guys had a pretty rough test. That sucks. I'm sure you all did fine though. :)

It's getting old waiting for the reschedule, I agree. I have seen where some test centers are making it up this weekend, but the people taking the test have already heard. I think it will be the 21st, just because we haven't heard yet. Hopefully we find out today.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”