February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

BankruptMe

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 pm

PattyCake wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The silence is deafening

Even TTTT schools are not sending me any crap. I was actually getting used to receiving it on a daily basis.

I had one from Whittier this morning. It linked me to a "personalized web page," which basically meant their normal website but with my name superimposed on a name plate in an office with expensive furniture and a gold-plated globe on the desk (presumably my future corner office?). It was a little creepy...

Ewww

Just looked at their website. I had to click around to find the job statistics, absolutely wretched.

WHY would you attend this school in SoCal. I just dont get it at all. I mean, jeez.

haus

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Winston1984 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The one good thing about the GMAT and GRE...it is given on cpu and you get your answer back in literally 15 seconds

This would almost be more nerve-racking. Getting it back within a week would be ideal to me.

A fee to have the test FedEx'd back to Newtown, and have the intern spend 13 seconds feeding it into the scantron machine, the scores could be available by Friday with time to spare.

zatharus

Postby zatharus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:11 pm

What do people think about how this compared to the December 2013 test? Was this easier, same difficulty, or harder than the December test? The December test had a much more generous curve for the 170 cut-off so I'm trying to gauge if this test should have a similarly generous curve.

Overall I'd say probably similar. I personally felt the LR and RC to be much easier this time around, however I did feel that LG were more difficult on this test. Just my opinion, others mileage may vary...

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Attax wrote:
PattyCake wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The silence is deafening

Even TTTT schools are not sending me any crap. I was actually getting used to receiving it on a daily basis.

I had one from Whittier this morning. It linked me to a "personalized web page," which basically meant their normal website but with my name superimposed on a name plate in an office with expensive furniture and a gold-plated globe on the desk (presumably my future corner office?). It was a little creepy...

Yeah, you'll get more once scores are available via CAS for the schools. Then come all the annoying stuff.

I know, but I'm hoping this time they'll be from schools I have some interest in attending. My favorite is the cut and paste: "Dear PATTYCAKE, Your LSAT score of [XXX] and your extraordinary academic performance at the [XXXXXXXX UNIVERSITY] makes you a great candidate for our [TYPE OF LAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN] program!"

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
random number wrote:
But that is not a product of this test itself. You could substitute any of your PTs for the exam administered on Saturday while still feeling the same emotional effects. Again, the tests are remarkably consistent,

Also, I'm sure that 90% or more of the people taking the test at any given administration felt the same way. This naturally impacts their performance on the experimental (administered early in the test), which consequently impacts the equating of the exam.

so I'm like in trouble, you're saying.

Quite the opposite - sorry if my meaning was unclear.

I think that your experience is quite similar to that of most LSAT takers. Test day is frighting and stressful for everyone, and nerves make it all but impossible to objectively evaluate your performance on the test. I was instead suggesting that you should take comfort in the fact that you likely will end up with a scaled score similar to that of your PTs. You may have missed more questions, but this does not mean that you will end up with a significantly worse scaled score.

Obviously, I can't know exactly how you felt or how you did, but I would take comfort in the prep work that you did leading up to the test.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:38 pm

random number wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
random number wrote:
But that is not a product of this test itself. You could substitute any of your PTs for the exam administered on Saturday while still feeling the same emotional effects. Again, the tests are remarkably consistent,

Also, I'm sure that 90% or more of the people taking the test at any given administration felt the same way. This naturally impacts their performance on the experimental (administered early in the test), which consequently impacts the equating of the exam.

I think that your experience is quite similar to that of most LSAT takers. Test day is frighting and stressful for everyone, and nerves make it all but impossible to objectively evaluate your performance on the test. I was instead suggesting that you should take comfort in the fact that you likely will end up with a scaled score similar to that of your PTs. You may have missed more questions, but this does not mean that you will end up with a significantly worse scaled score.

Obviously, I can't know exactly how you felt or how you did, but I would take comfort in the prep work that you did leading up to the test.

i agree rn. the nerves have made it so hard to judge, especially LR. i think LG went fine, because it always went fine, even when i was rushed. but LR normally i had a feel, but for me its just a blur really. i just have to trust the i employed the skills and habits i had worked so diligently to implement. i remember the skrimps and i remember the health freak deficiencies but i couldnt tell you where in the test they were you know? someone early posted that they were extremely intimidated by how people were able to remember where and what specific questions were. and they were like "i think i had shoes on when i took the lsat, yea i definitely had shoes on." thats how I feel. lol. and december was -14 and it was easier than this if you ask me. so we will see. if a standardized test is a standardized test, you should not totally BOMB from you PTs, maybe -4 or -5 points than normal but not more than that, and as consistent and really amazing a job the LSAC does with this test, i doubt that happened to anyone

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:46 pm

thevuch wrote:
random number wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
random number wrote:

i agree rn. the nerves have made it so hard to judge, especially LR. i think LG went fine, because it always went fine, even when i was rushed. but LR normally i had a feel, but for me its just a blur really. i just have to trust the i employed the skills and habits i had worked so diligently to implement. i remember the skrimps and i remember the health freak deficiencies but i couldnt tell you where in the test they were you know? someone early posted that they were extremely intimidated by how people were able to remember where and what specific questions were. and they were like "i think i had shoes on when i took the lsat, yea i definitely had shoes on." thats how I feel. lol. and december was -14 and it was easier than this if you ask me. so we will see. if a standardized test is a standardized test, you should not totally BOMB from you PTs, maybe -4 or -5 points than normal but not more than that, and as consistent and really amazing a job the LSAC does with this test, i doubt that happened to anyone

-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:quote="Lwoods1020"]
random number wrote:

i agree rn. the nerves have made it so hard to judge, especially LR. i think LG went fine, because it always went fine, even when i was rushed. but LR normally i had a feel, but for me its just a blur really. i just have to trust the i employed the skills and habits i had worked so diligently to implement. i remember the skrimps and i remember the health freak deficiencies but i couldnt tell you where in the test they were you know? someone early posted that they were extremely intimidated by how people were able to remember where and what specific questions were. and they were like "i think i had shoes on when i took the lsat, yea i definitely had shoes on." thats how I feel. lol. and december was -14 and it was easier than this if you ask me. so we will see. if a standardized test is a standardized test, you should not totally BOMB from you PTs, maybe -4 or -5 points than normal but not more than that, and as consistent and really amazing a job the LSAC does with this test, i doubt that happened to anyone[/quote]

-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit[/quote]

i mean if you think about it -4 or -5 scaled difference is probably 5-6 questions in the 165-175 range and maybe even 8-9 questions in the 160-165 range more missed questions than usual. thats a lot of missed questions. if you studied your balls off thats an AWFUL day. and i doubt anyone on TLS had an AWFUL day.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit

dude trust yourself man. your brain doesnt forget how to do something after doing it for hours a day for months on end. its not just gonna blank out. our minds are better than that. i bet you did fine.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm

thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:quote="Lwoods1020"]
random number wrote:

-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit[/quote]

i mean if you think about it -4 or -5 scaled difference is probably 5-6 questions in the 165-175 range and maybe even 8-9 questions in the 160-165 range more missed questions than usual. thats a lot of missed questions. if you studied your balls off thats an AWFUL day. and i doubt anyone on TLS had an AWFUL day.[/quote]

I was PTing consistently for 3 weeks 163-164. I interpreted what you said as doing -4 or -5 worse than usual. I was getting 78-80 questions right. I don't think I had a good day on Saturday.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 pm

thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit

dude trust yourself man. your brain doesnt forget how to do something after doing it for hours a day for months on end. its not just gonna blank out. our minds are better than that. i bet you did fine.

i was so shook up though. I feel like I am going to faint now just talking about it. I was down to 5 minutes for the last RC passage and LG game. Those last few questions are in the Lord's hands. I got too caught up and couldn't keep track of time.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:03 pm

random number wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The one good thing about the GMAT and GRE...it is given on cpu and you get your answer back in literally 15 seconds

Seriously, if LSAT offered an option where I could get my test score back the same day, I would pay all the monies for that service.

Haha, absolutely.

The only downside of this is that it would require an electronic test. I much prefer the paper and scantron method employed by the LSAT over the 'predictive' computerized tests.

I definitely bubbled all the circles that would make it so that the test is never taken electronically.

deuceindc

Postby deuceindc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
you can pay for them to hand grade if they think there is an issue with the test...why not pay for a hand grade up front.

That is creating jobs. Hire low skilled workers at minimum wage, check the bubbles and write the scores on the test. Bam. Just created about 500-1000 seasonal jobs

In the same vein as your suggestion, they could just have the already-existing LSAT administration teams run the answer sheets through a scantron or check them against an answer key while we complete the writing section. We could have our scores back before the test is even technically over.

gratfield

Application Extensions

Postby gratfield » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Last edited by gratfield on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit

i was so shook up though. I feel like I am going to faint now just talking about it. I was down to 5 minutes for the last RC passage and LG game. Those last few questions are in the Lord's hands. I got too caught up and couldn't keep track of time.

Are you applying this cycle? Is this your first take ? And look at the scales of past tests when you get in the 158-164 range it's usually at least 2 sometimes 3 more missed questions each scaled point decrease so like a 164 is 80 questions right a 158 could be 69-70 questions right. A 158 isn't good by TLS standards but if you cN retake it's not a complete disaster to have a 158esque score on your LSAC file

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:40 pm

I agree with everyone above. I unfortunately think one day in our future this extended wait period will be done away with and referred to as the "dark ages". Which helps us in no way :x .

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:42 pm

thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
thevuch wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
-4 or -5?
im gonna vomit

Are you applying this cycle? Is this your first take ? And look at the scales of past tests when you get in the 158-164 range it's usually at least 2 sometimes 3 more missed questions each scaled point decrease so like a 164 is 80 questions right a 158 could be 69-70 questions right. A 158 isn't good by TLS standards but if you cN retake it's not a complete disaster to have a 158esque score on your LSAC file

I have already gotten into my first choice school with a 3.75 GPA and 159. I retook this feb for a scholarship increase from said school. Ugh I don't know what to expect now after these threads. I needed 162 for a scholly increase

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:00 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:I agree with everyone above. I unfortunately think one day in our future this extended wait period will be done away with and referred to as the "dark ages". Which helps us in no way :x .

Wait for admissions is much worse than wait for LSAT

haus

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Attax wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:I agree with everyone above. I unfortunately think one day in our future this extended wait period will be done away with and referred to as the "dark ages". Which helps us in no way :x .

If the number of applicants keep going down, some well known school may well start accepting students before they apply. :D

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:10 pm

haus wrote:
Attax wrote:

If the number of applicants keep going down, some well known school may well start accepting students before they apply. :D

I bet this school is ranked #2 as well!

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Attax wrote:
haus wrote:
Attax wrote:

In most cases I would deff agree with u on the the admission wait> lsat by far. But its like apples and oranges in a sense especially if it isn't your first take.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Attax wrote:
haus wrote:
Attax wrote:

TITCR

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Attax wrote:

I think that the LSAT wait is far worse. With school applications not all of your eggs are in one basket and you can basically predict acceptances based on numbers. On the other hand, the LSAT is a single score which has the power to determine the success of all of your applications, and due to the stress of test day you do not have as good of an idea of what to expect.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:In most cases I would deff agree with u on the the admission wait> lsat by far. But its like apples and oranges in a sense especially if it isn't your first take.

True, I wouldn't know. I only sat for the test once.

Way I see it is LSAT you have 3 options
Admissions you may have multiples, but you have to decide each time if it is worth it. Picking that school at that price. Your one shot. For the rest of your life. That is much more stressful than waiting on a silly number.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Got a Penn Law brochure in the mail. Forgot I asked for it in December.

Lol. will need to retake for that

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”