February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

alecks

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby alecks » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm still so depressed about this. This was my last chance for this cycle and I already applied to a bunch of schools, it's gonna sting to get that rejection. Also, I hate my current situation and do not want to take another year off :(

I'm 100% convinced I got like, a 155. that's not going to get me into any decent schools worth paying for.

I've been panic spiraling since Saturday. Also I studied for 6 months. I don't want to study again :(

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Attax wrote:October was -12, I don't consider -12 to be a super generous curve.

Yeah, I was hoping for a prediction closer to -14. But his post just said -12 (same as the past few tests). Still, I think this went better than October did for me. I was actually able to make it all the way through games with time to spare this go around.

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:

Yeah, I was hoping for a prediction closer to -14. But his post just said -12 (same as the past few tests). Still, I think this went better than October did for me. I was actually able to make it all the way through games with time to spare this go around.

Yeah the games was the only section where I almost ran out of time in Oct. The rest took 20-25 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised for -11 or -12 really just based on how it has been recently.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 pm

so the curve is going to be normal then, predictably?

god damn it i needed a 162 so badly

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:18 pm

The one good thing about the GMAT and GRE...it is given on cpu and you get your answer back in literally 15 seconds

nn1113

Postby nn1113 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Attax wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:

Yeah the games was the only section where I almost ran out of time in Oct. The rest took 20-25 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised for -11 or -12 really just based on how it has been recently.

What do people think about how this compared to the December 2013 test? Was this easier, same difficulty, or harder than the December test? The December test had a much more generous curve for the 170 cut-off so I'm trying to gauge if this test should have a similarly generous curve.

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm

PourMeTea wrote:LSATs are equated for this purpose

Exactly. Barring an extreme abnormality or pronounced test taking anxiety, one's performance on the test can be almost perfectly predicted by PTs taken under proper test conditions. Luck only accounts for about +/- 2.5 points. If you do not hit within this window, it is not because the test was hard.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm

BankruptMe wrote:The one good thing about the GMAT and GRE...it is given on cpu and you get your answer back in literally 15 seconds

Seriously, if LSAT offered an option where I could get my test score back the same day, I would pay all the monies for that service.

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The one good thing about the GMAT and GRE...it is given on cpu and you get your answer back in literally 15 seconds

Seriously, if LSAT offered an option where I could get my test score back the same day, I would pay all the monies for that service.

Haha, absolutely.

The only downside of this is that it would require an electronic test. I much prefer the paper and scantron method employed by the LSAT over the 'predictive' computerized tests.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

random number wrote:

Exactly. Barring an extreme abnormality or pronounced test taking anxiety, one's performance on the test can be almost perfectly predicted by PTs taken under proper test conditions. Luck only accounts for about +/- 2.5 points. If you do not hit within this window, it is not because the test was hard.

I definitely did way better in all PT's I took. I could not calm down during the exam for the first two sections

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:29 pm

+1
I'm all about instant gratification

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
random number wrote:

I definitely did way better in all PT's I took. I could not calm down during the exam for the first two sections

But that is not a product of this test itself. You could substitute any of your PTs for the exam administered on Saturday while still feeling the same emotional effects. Again, the tests are remarkably consistent,

Also, I'm sure that 90% or more of the people taking the test at any given administration felt the same way. This naturally impacts their performance on the experimental (administered early in the test), which consequently impacts the equating of the exam.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Lwoods1020 wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:Rumors going around saying the curve is gonna be really generous for this LSAT - LIKE UPWARDS OF -12 TO GET A 170.

PRAISE THE LORD.

LET MY BEATING HEART BE STILL

Uhhhh... can I get a source for these "rumors"? A link? Something? I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP ONLY TO HAVE MY HEART BROKEN!

its a law school advice guy. I think he's legit because prep book companies pay him

http://lawschooli.com/5-ways-avoid-tota ... -test-day/

This seems questionable. He says he'll post the curve when it comes out.

Edit: I guess he says later that he won't actually post the curve because we won't know it. Seems like a weird thing to put in your first paragraph though.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Ugh, I've spent so much time going over the test, trying to remember how many questions I wasn't solid on, and trying to find a reasonable range for my score.

I forget what kinds of things normal people think about in their spare time, and what kind of things people do for fun that aren't law-school related...

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Chart of all LSAT score conversions for anyone interested in wild, pointless speculation

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:51 pm

The silence is deafening

Even TTTT schools are not sending me any crap. I was actually getting used to receiving it on a daily basis.

mirroroferised7

Postby mirroroferised7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:52 pm

xylocarp wrote:Chart of all LSAT score conversions for anyone interested in wild, pointless speculation

this.

Lwoods1020

Postby Lwoods1020 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:55 pm

random number wrote:
Lwoods1020 wrote:
random number wrote:

But that is not a product of this test itself. You could substitute any of your PTs for the exam administered on Saturday while still feeling the same emotional effects. Again, the tests are remarkably consistent,

Also, I'm sure that 90% or more of the people taking the test at any given administration felt the same way. This naturally impacts their performance on the experimental (administered early in the test), which consequently impacts the equating of the exam.

so I'm like fucked, you're saying.

deuceindc

Postby deuceindc » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:58 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:

Honestly, I find it surprising that they don't offer this service. LSAC fucking loves taking our money, but won't take it for something that I, for one, would pay at least $100 for.

I understand that they need to check for cheating and to do a bunch of shit with the experimental data, etc, but even if they had a provisional "if we decide you haven't cheated and if we don't have to remove any questions" evaluation available at the end of the test, I'd gladly shell out for it.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 pm

This would almost be more nerve-racking. Getting it back within a week would be ideal to me.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 pm

deuceindc wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:

Honestly, I find it surprising that they don't offer this service. LSAC fucking loves taking our money, but won't take it for something that I, for one, would pay at least $100 for.

I understand that they need to check for cheating and to do a bunch of shit with the experimental data, etc, but even if they had a provisional "if we decide you haven't cheated and if we don't have to remove any questions" evaluation available at the end of the test, I'd gladly shell out for it.

you can pay for them to hand grade if they think there is an issue with the test...why not pay for a hand grade up front.

That is creating jobs. Hire low skilled workers at minimum wage, check the bubbles and write the scores on the test. Bam. Just created about 500-1000 seasonal jobs

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 pm

BankruptMe wrote:The silence is deafening

Even TTTT schools are not sending me any crap. I was actually getting used to receiving it on a daily basis.

I had one from Whittier this morning. It linked me to a "personalized web page," which basically meant their normal website but with my name superimposed on a name plate in an office with expensive furniture and a gold-plated globe on the desk (presumably my future corner office?). It was a little creepy...

haus

Postby haus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:08 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:I forget what kinds of things normal people think about in their spare time, and what kind of things people do for fun that aren't law-school related...

What is this fun that you speak of?

Attax

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:08 pm

PattyCake wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:The silence is deafening

I had one from Whittier this morning. It linked me to a "personalized web page," which basically meant their normal website but with my name superimposed on a name plate in an office with expensive furniture and a gold-plated globe on the desk (presumably my future corner office?). It was a little creepy...

Yeah, you'll get more once scores are available via CAS for the schools. Then come all the annoying stuff.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”