February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

random number

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 pm

xylocarp wrote:I felt pretty good about it and didn't think it was too much tougher than most PTs I've taken. We do seem to be the minority though.

Glad to hear it went well for you, although I am hardly surprised! :)

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:54 pm

random number wrote:
logicspeaks wrote: I am just trusting the prep work that I have done and the fact that LSAC produces tests which are remarkably consistent in difficulty.

So much this

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm

The waiting is starting to bother me now.

haus

Postby haus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:59 pm

BankruptMe wrote:The waiting is starting to bother me now.

sadly, it gets worse.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:59 pm

random number wrote:
logicspeaks wrote:So, uh, anyone else particularly confident they did well? I see a lot of people freaking out and I really didn't think this test was difficult...

I felt O.K., although I was definitely rushed and wasn't able to double check any of my LG answers. I normally try to eliminate all answers, but on this test I just had to pick the one indicated by my diagram and move on.

This for me too. I felt fine 3/4 of the way through but had the LG section last and ended it on a sour note by running out of time with two questions left.

Here's how I'm comparing each section to past tests, with 5 being on-par and everything closer to 10 being more difficult.

RC: 6.5
LR1: 4
(Experimental RC: 3)
LR2: 6
LG: 8

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 pm

I'll get better in a few days, and then get much, much, much worse the week before score release.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm

random number wrote:

I'll get better in a few days, and then get much, much, much worse the week before score release.

So you're saying there's gonna be one good week.

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
random number wrote:

Just about :)

Fortunately I have plenty of schoolwork to distract me. I can't imagine what the December waiters went through during winter break.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:06 pm

random number wrote:
random number wrote:

Just about :)

Fortunately I have plenty of schoolwork to distract me. I can't imagine what the December waiters went through during winter break.

I've been off work since Wednesday. No doubt that it'll be good to go back into the office.

How exactly are we notified of scores? What does the LSAC email look like?

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

Postby ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:09 pm

[/quote]

I've been off work since Wednesday. No doubt that it'll be good to go back into the office.

How exactly are we notified of scores? What does the LSAC email look like?[/quote]

Generally people in this thread freak out when the score on your LSAC prof go gray because it means the scores are being released...you'll see that freak out before you get the email

edit: quote fail
Last edited by ChuggaChuggaChooChoo on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:09 pm

LSAC sends out batches of emails over a period of several hours on score release day. Your score is posted on the LSAC test page simultaneously. Before this begins, the green icons on the LSAC test summary page will turn gray, an event which incites considerable excitement on TLS. However, the icons can turn gray hours before you actually receive your score, so be prepared for a painful wait and much inbox refreshing.

Edit: Scooped

Also, the February test wait is much more painful because the curve is not released, which prevents the type of rampant speculation most TLSers distract themselves with while awaiting the release of later scores.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:11 pm

random number wrote:

LSAC sends out batches of emails over a period of several hours on score release day. Your score is posted on the LSAC test page simultaneously. Before this begins, the green icons on the LSAC test summary page will turn gray, an event which incites considerable excitement on TLS. However, the icons can turn gray hours before you actually receive your score, so be prepared for a painful wait and much inbox refreshing.

I heard that the score can be seen without even opening the email (at least in gmail).

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm

random number wrote:

I heard that the score can be seen without even opening the email (at least in gmail).

I couldn't see it in the preview line (I use gmail). Some people like to search for scores in their inbox, working their way down from 180 (some people work their way up from 160 or so), but I just bit the bullet and opened the email.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:28 pm

random number wrote:
I couldn't see it in the preview line (I use gmail). Some people like to search for scores in their inbox, working their way down from 180 (some people work their way up from 160 or so), but I just bit the bullet and opened the email.

I'm totally going to do this. I'll start at 160 and work my way up seeing how long I survive. This method will really suck if I somehow got sub-160 though haha

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:34 pm

xylocarp wrote:
random number wrote:

I'm totally going to do this. I'll start at 160 and work my way up seeing how long I survive. This method will really suck if I somehow got sub-160 though haha

I can just imagine getting all the way up to 179 without a hit, and triumphantly typing in 180. And then getting no result. And then having to open the email.

But seriously, I'm sure that you did great.

kammi024

Postby kammi024 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 pm

:?

I took the LSAT and earned a 152. I hadn't studied very much. I'd taken two full PTs and I skimmed the Logic Games bible two nights before. Needless to say, I was upset at myself and knew I could do much, much better. I prepped like mad from the moment I got out until the test yesterday. I felt confident throughout RC and I felt like I got the majority of LR right and understood them well. I was thrilled for LG because I prepped a lot for them and got to the point where I never missed questions and finished under time during prep. LG wasn't horrible, but it was bad enough to make me stare at the test and literally mouth, "ARE YOU SERIOUS right now? This is not real life. It's not." I'm not sure how I did. I hope I did better than last time. I feel like I did better.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:58 pm

All I've ever been able to think about that method is that I'd rather get my teeth pulled out nice and slow.

Like a band-aid for me, when the time comes. Breathe in, double click, breathe out (or pass out, depending).

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 pm

random number wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
random number wrote:

I can just imagine getting all the way up to 179 without a hit, and triumphantly typing in 180. And then getting no result. And then having to open the email.

But seriously, I'm sure that you did great.

Exactly! Getting a truly below-expectations score would be all the worse with this method.

zhenders wrote:All I've ever been able to think about that method is that I'd rather get my teeth pulled out nice and slow.

Like a band-aid for me, when the time comes. Breathe in, double click, breathe out (or pass out, depending).

Agreed. If I end up actually doing it, it will be truly horrible!

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Friends, I'm totally bummed and feeling left out. I want to be on the verge of a panic attack waiting for my test results too :(

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:19 pm

zhenders wrote:Friends, I'm totally bummed and feeling left out. I want to be on the verge of a panic attack waiting for my test results too :(

Yeah, the delay sucks, sorry :( Do you have a plan for prep until your make-up?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:29 pm

zhenders wrote:Friends, I'm totally bummed and feeling left out. I want to be on the verge of a panic attack waiting for my test results too :(

Early 'waiters thread' karma.

orangemochafrapp

Postby orangemochafrapp » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:44 pm

For the October test, I decided 3 weeks before the test to take the LSAT and go to law school. Late registered and everything. Studied like mad, pulled 12 hour study days. Did like 8 practice tests in 3 days. Insanity. Got a 156. My brain stopped working the day of the test. It was exhausted. This time, I did 45 min to an hour a day. No practice tests. Took extra time on sections I didn't do as well on. I felt way better walking out of this test yesterday. Way better. I don't know if my "take it slow you've already been through all the classes" worked. But I'm hoping a relaxed mindset helped.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 am

Early 'waiters thread' karma.

So much of this.

I only did it early because it was suggested lol. Hell, I didn't even volunteer to be the OP!

Ah well.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:11 am

Have you heard about dates for your makeup?

Seemed like last February the delayed test scores came out on time, however this year (Dec?) they were a bit later. Hopefully your scores are like the former.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:12 am

No news

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”