February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

PattyCake

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Trey is Wilson wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Trey is Wilson wrote:I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I thought the test was reasonable.

It was more like "woah, hold up. ...OKAY, I got this." (Then I ran out of time.)

ya just had to take a second to figure out how to translate my diagram to a linear answer, if that makes sense.

I fortunately was able to get to all the problems in that section.

Agreed, that's how I did it.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Ok so here's something I'm freaking out about. I'm already accepted with a nice scholarship to a couple of schools I'll be very happy at, but haven't heard from my dream school. If by some horrible chance I do worse than my first test, can a school rescind my acceptance or scholarship offer? That's the only reason I could possibly have to cancel, but if there's a chance I'll lose either I want to cancel now.
Last edited by PattyCake on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:49 pm

IS there a chance they flipped the LR sections? I'm almost 100 percent sure the third section was experimental because I recall the theme of questions mentioned on this forum were the same ones I had for 1 and 5. Could just be disillusion though.

hawkeye10

Postby hawkeye10 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:51 pm

PattyCake wrote:Ok so here's something I'm freaking out about. I'm already accepted with a nice scholarship to a couple of schools I'll be very happy at, but haven't heard from my dream school. If by some horrible chance I do worse than my first test, can a school rescind my acceptance or scholarship offer? That's the only reason I could possibly have to cancel, but if there's a chance I'll lose either I want to cancel now.

they only count the highest, so no they won't

haus

Postby haus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 pm

PattyCake wrote:Ok so here's something I'm freaking out about. I'm already accepted with a nice scholarship to a couple of schools I'll be very happy at, but haven't heard from my dream school. If by some horrible chance I do worse than my first test, can that school rescind my acceptance or scholarship offer? That's the only reason I could possibly have to cancel, but if there's a chance I'll lose either I want to cancel now.

Given the current drop in applicants most schools are facing, if you have already been accepted, I suspect you have litte to fear. It is not like the school would need to report a lower score for the USNWR ranking.

bmv505

Postby bmv505 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:55 pm

I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I diagrammed it and then I put a 1 next to the 8. Now, I did panic a little when I read it, and quickly turned to the last one. I got back to circles on pace, probably had 8ish minutes left.

Something that I noticed with some of the games is that the ones that I read through and panic are usually the ones I can beat. I finished LG with at least 1:30 left feeling confident. (note: I sometimes pick the hardest question on a logic game and I guess my letter of the day. I found that strategy to really make a difference with not only my scoring on games but my confidence and stress, especially early on in the sections. I guessed 1 on the second and fourth, answered all on the 1st and 3rd, probably saved 2-3 minutes)
Last edited by bmv505 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:56 pm

haus wrote:
PattyCake wrote:Ok so here's something I'm freaking out about. I'm already accepted with a nice scholarship to a couple of schools I'll be very happy at, but haven't heard from my dream school. If by some horrible chance I do worse than my first test, can that school rescind my acceptance or scholarship offer? That's the only reason I could possibly have to cancel, but if there's a chance I'll lose either I want to cancel now.

Given the current drop in applicants most schools are facing, if you have already been accepted, I suspect you have litte to fear. It is not like the school would need to report a lower score for the USNWR ranking.

Awesome. I guess the die is cast.

generalmead

Postby generalmead » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 pm

was this the games kind/order? (Sorry trying to distinguish between my two games sections in my memory.) :

1) schools going to concerts
2) gardening, housekeeping, etc.
3) cities and months
4) diplomats at table

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:08 pm

generalmead wrote:was this the games kind/order? (Sorry trying to distinguish between my two games sections in my memory.) :

No but close.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:22 pm

bmv505 wrote:I didn't find the circle game to be that hard. I diagrammed it and then I put a 1 next to the 8. Now, I did panic a little when I read it, and quickly turned to the last one. I got to circles on pace, probably had fish minutes left.

Something that I noticed with some of the games is that the ones that I read through and panic are usually the ones I can beat. I finished LG with at least 1:30 left feeling confident. (note: I sometimes pick the hardest question on a logic game and I guess my letter of the day. I found that strategy to really make a difference with not only my scoring on games but my confidence and stress, especially early on in the sections. I guessed 1 on the second and fourth, answered all on the 1st and 3rd, probably saved 2-3 minutes)

This. Once I figured out how to diagram it I was gravy. I could even tell on a few local questions that at least two of the responses were designed to trick you into misinterpreting the diagram.

schoollaw

Postby schoollaw » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm trying to figure out which section was experimental. To those with 2 LR, did you have a question about ivy?

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 pm

schoollaw wrote:I'm trying to figure out which section was experimental. To those with 2 LR, did you have a question about ivy?

The ones with teddy bears and shrimp farming were real. The first one was experimental.

Geometricconfusion

Postby Geometricconfusion » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 pm

I felt that RC was by far the hardest, I am fine with my performance on the other 3. RC is what is worrying me :(

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Geometricconfusion wrote:I felt that RC was by far the hardest, I am fine with my performance on the other 3. RC is what is worrying me :(

My RC was first and it took a good 10 minutes to shake off the nerves. Apart from being affected by that, RC wasn't too bad except the science passage. Maybe I'm in the minority with that view.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Geometricconfusion wrote:I felt that RC was by far the hardest, I am fine with my performance on the other 3. RC is what is worrying me :(

My RC was first and it took a good 10 minutes to shake off the nerves. Apart from being affected by that, RC wasn't too bad except the science passage. Maybe I'm in the minority with that view.

I felt the same way. I would always miss at least 2 on the science passages in prep tests.

random number

Postby random number » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:21 pm

My RC was first and it took a good 10 minutes to shake off the nerves.

I definitely agree with the slow start (I didn't have RC first though). I took Friday off and it took me a couple seconds to remember how to approach an LSAT question.

jphiggo

Postby jphiggo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Hopefully this isn't the case, but if I have to take the Hellsat again, I'm going to practice next time with 10 or 12 people hacking their lungs out, tapping their feet, and a test proctor ripping pages out of a notebook so that I can simulate, more appropriately, real testing conditions. These people... sheesh

etshin

Postby etshin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

RC LR RC LR LG

Was the 3rd RC experimental? someone please reply and help me out!! 3rd one had Beethoven

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:32 pm

jphiggo wrote:Hopefully this isn't the case, but if I have to take the Hellsat again, I'm going to practice next time with 10 or 12 people hacking their lungs out, tapping their feet, and a test proctor ripping pages out of a notebook so that I can simulate, more appropriately, real testing conditions. These people... sheesh

The 7Sage app actually has this feature

bryanjbay12

Postby bryanjbay12 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:32 pm

etshin wrote:RC LR RC LR LG

Was the 3rd RC experimental? someone please reply and help me out!! 3rd one had Beethoven

Yes

jphiggo

Postby jphiggo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:38 pm

xylocarp wrote:
jphiggo wrote:Hopefully this isn't the case, but if I have to take the Hellsat again, I'm going to practice next time with 10 or 12 people hacking their lungs out, tapping their feet, and a test proctor ripping pages out of a notebook so that I can simulate, more appropriately, real testing conditions. These people... sheesh

The 7Sage app actually has this feature

Yeah, I used that app exclusively while PT'ing. I should have turned the distraction setting much higher! It actually wasn't too bad once I got used to each one, did kind of throw my start off a bit though. I'd say that this as a factor was very minimal, the test being ridiculous in certain areas is more likely the culprit to any issues I had.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Best of luck everyone! :mrgreen:

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:45 pm

bryanjbay12 wrote:
etshin wrote:RC LR RC LR LG

Yes

I really really liked that passage; like I read that kinda stuff in my free time.

orangemochafrapp

Postby orangemochafrapp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm

The experimental RC was so strange it made it pretty obvious. I debated putting my head down for that section.

ElliotNessquire

Postby ElliotNessquire » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but I thought I read that the lsat wasn't curved? I'm a first time test taker, so advanced apologies for being a noob on the subject!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”