February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
3%
Eat. So much.
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
12%

Total votes: 122

sanibella

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby sanibella » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 pm

haus wrote:About to pull the pin on my March 1st deadline applications...

DO IT!!!

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 pm

leftfootlucy wrote:Screw Cracker Barrel and In-N-Out, I really want some White Castle right now. Sadly I'm like ten states away from the nearest one. Damn southwest. I'll have to survive off of my new bag of Haribo gummy bears.

On the ranch topic, I believe pretzels are the best thing non meat thing to accompany ranch ever. Pickles are only adequate second place losers in that race.

I call White Castle burgers "in-the-darks" because I can only enjoy them if I can't see them.

Does White Castle exist in every state? Were there whole states full of people who didn't know what it was before the Harold and Kumar movies?
Last edited by PattyCake on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:No one here's content with copping dat spicy chicken from Wendy's?

Not a huge fast food fan, especially since the only A&W within driving distance shut down. Cheddar balls were the greatest fast food item of all time, especially dipped in RANCH.

haus

Postby haus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:14 pm

sanibella wrote:
haus wrote:About to pull the pin on my March 1st deadline applications...

DO IT!!!

Fire in the hole...

ETA: boom

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 pm

PattyCake wrote:
leftfootlucy wrote:Screw Cracker Barrel and In-N-Out, I really want some White Castle right now. Sadly I'm like ten states away from the nearest one. Damn southwest. I'll have to survive off of my new bag of Haribo gummy bears.

On the ranch topic, I believe pretzels are the best thing non meat thing to accompany ranch ever. Pickles are only adequate second place losers in that race.

I call White Castle burgers "in-the-darks" because I can only enjoy them if I can't see them.

Does White Castle exist in every state? Were there whole states full of people who didn't know what it was before the Harold and Kumar movies?

Down in the dirty south we have Krystals. It's like the southern version of White Castle

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:No one here's content with copping dat spicy chicken from Wendy's?

If you dip it in ranch

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:41 pm

thevuch wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

Down in the dirty south we have Krystals. It's like the southern version of White Castle

The "K" in Krystal does make it sound dirty. White Castle doesn't even need a "K" to be dirty.

jphiggo

Postby jphiggo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:42 pm

PattyCake wrote:

I can't speak for all other Oklahomans, but I didn't have a clue about White Castle until the movies. I've subsequently given it a try when traveling and I'm not a big fan of it.

We did just recently get a Five Guys (which is superb) and, of course, we have countless Cracker Barrels around every turn (I prefer the meatloaf). There's been a rumor floating around that we'll be getting an In-N-Out, but I haven't heard much about that lately... I am curious to give it a try.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I wonder if lsac will be open due to the impending snowstorm Monday/Tuesday

jphiggo

Postby jphiggo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Last edited by jphiggo on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:49 pm

jk148706 wrote:I wonder if lsac will be open due to the impending snowstorm Monday/Tuesday

I would say it is very possible they will be closed Monday, not as likely Tuesday. The real question is can they access the system and upload the scores Monday?

rdelaney

Postby rdelaney » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:51 pm

sanibella wrote:
jk148706 wrote:I wonder if lsac will be open due to the impending snowstorm Monday/Tuesday

I would say it is very possible they will be closed Monday, not as likely Tuesday. The real question is can they access the system and upload the scores Monday?

They HAVE released the scores on Saturday though...when they were closed? Right?

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:55 pm

rdelaney wrote:
sanibella wrote:

They HAVE released the scores on Saturday though...when they were closed? Right?

Yes, but I went to work today even though it was closed, KWIM? They likely won't be able to travel at all to work on Monday, when that probably wasn't an issue on the previous Saturday release dates. But I am totally speculating and have no evidence to back any of this up.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:05 am

sanibella wrote:
thevuch wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

The "K" in Krystal does make it sound dirty. White Castle doesn't even need a "K" to be dirty.

Yeah, eating a White Castle burger INSIDE a White Castle is basically asking to suffer horrific food-borne illness.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 am

sanibella wrote:
thevuch wrote:
PattyCake wrote:

QFT

My only experience with White Castle was right off Fordham's campus in The Bronx.

PattyCake

Postby PattyCake » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 am

jphiggo wrote:

A spicy chicken sammich w/cheese hits the spot every time!

There's always the "Double Down" at KFC. It's a ham and cheese sandwich, on chicken. The chicken is the bread. Sounds like it'd be a bit much for me, but clever idea. Also, it came with ranch dressing.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 am

PattyCake wrote:
jphiggo wrote:

A spicy chicken sammich w/cheese hits the spot every time!

There's always the "Double Down" at KFC. It's a ham and cheese sandwich, on chicken. The chicken is the bread. Sounds like it'd be a bit much for me, but clever idea. Also, it came with ranch dressing.

Road trip, a few years ago, my friends and I stopped in a small town with both a KFC and McDonald's. Being that this was *just* after the Double Down came onto the market we all had to try one for ourselves but still being hungry I hiked over to the McDonald's and ordered a BigMac with a large vanilla milkshake.

Not sure how that didn't kill me.

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:

QFT

My only experience with White Castle was right off Fordham's campus in The Bronx.

I have been exactly there, my friend, and I empathize greatly.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:50 am

sanibella wrote:

QFT

I have been exactly there, my friend, and I empathize greatly.

Srsly. Where do Fordham undergrad kids go to eat? There's nothing along that street except White Castle and bodegas.

HanShotFirst

Postby HanShotFirst » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:12 am

PattyCake wrote:

We don't have White Castle in California (at least NorCal.) However they are sold frozen in grocery stores.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 am

If they are closed Monday it's almost a certainty that scores won't be coming out.

Nucky

Postby Nucky » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:34 am

Clearly wrote:If they are closed Monday it's almost a certainty that scores won't be coming out.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:41 am

Clearly wrote:If they are closed Monday it's almost a certainty that scores won't be coming out.

Any way we can know if they're closed? Is it going to take someone calling their office?
Last edited by Baby_Got_Feuerbach on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 am

Anyway we can know if they're closed? Is it going to take someone calling their office?

I would like to know this as well

KeishaCole

Postby KeishaCole » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:06 am

Some of you guys LIVE on Top Law Schools. I have secretly trolled this forum like a dark ninja since FEB 8.

To get to my point....
EARLY MORNING, ANGRY BLACK WOMAN RANTS

I woke up this morning and the first thing I did, almost like second nature, was visit TLS to see if results have been posted. The number of pages for this thread had increased to 157. FINALLY - IT HAPPENED! I opened the thread up to see how others fared.

"DUDE - 179. HECK YEA"

"OMG - CONGRATS BOBBY. I GOT A 155, MY LIFE IS OVER. NOW I JUST WANNA DRINK BEER N' ISH"

Ok, great...

I was too nervous to open my score report. I have spent the last SIX MONTHS of my fricking life trying to score in the 95th percentile. Anywho.... after I looked a little closer (damn iPhone small print) I realized it was the forum from the Feb. 2013 LSAT.

FML. What has happened to me? I used to be pretty, fun loving, and social. I am ru-in-ed.

Also... LSAC can kiss my black.... well :roll: You Know

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”