February 2014 Waiters

How will you celebrate - slash - wallow in despair after score release? (select all that apply)

I shall drink a great many alcohols!
30
25%
I'm going to finally SLEEP.
14
11%
I'm going to get sexed something crazy.
14
11%
No time for celebration -- MUST STRESS OVER APPLICASHUNS!
9
7%
I'll console myself with logic games.
4
3%
Eat. So much.
13
11%
Celebratory/Numb-the-Pain shopping!
10
8%
Finally stop avoiding my family and their constant questions!
13
11%
Cracker Barrel. (this one's basically here just so I can select it.)
15
12%
 
Total votes: 122

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

90convoy wrote:Score prediction for myself: 162



...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:17 pm

thevuch wrote:
js123 wrote:If the scores come out Friday, the level of alcohol I drink will certainly be correlated to how good or bad the score is. If they don't come out, the level of alcohol I drink will certainly be correlated to the anxiety I will have from waiting those last few days. :roll:



im reading that youre drinking this weekend


...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby mirroroferised7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Nucky wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
Nucky wrote:
MidwestLifer wrote:I told myself I'd retake if I was anywhere under 173 so I suppose we're pretty similar on that thought. I do have time but man I want nothing more than to not have to study for June or September...

Sorry to hear you're out of retakes, but I'm sure you killed this one! Can't imagine how anxious I would feel in your shoes.


Oddly enough, I am not nearly as anxious as I was the past two times. I already have a solid score on record and have been accepted with money to a number of schools. So my worst case scenario isn't all that bad.

I was anxious in the days immediately following the test, as is well documented on this thread. But after a week or so the fact that I would never have to take the LSAT again dawned on me and I have felt great ever since. :lol:


THIS.

I just have to get around to selling those stupid practice materials...


I can't decide whether to sell, donate, or burn them. But I am strongly leaning toward the fire.

I know it is wrong on many levels, but it would give me some closure, and it would be great to watch those damn tools of torture burn. :twisted:


I have strongly considered this as well.

User avatar
MidwestLifer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby MidwestLifer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

js123 wrote:If the scores come out Friday, the level of alcohol I drink will certainly be correlated to how good or bad the score is. If they don't come out, the level of alcohol I drink will certainly be correlated to the anxiety I will have from waiting those last few days. :roll:

Same boat, I can't think of any situation in which my reaction will be sobriety.

Also lolling hard at this:

Nucky wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:I am guessing either Fri, Sat or Maybe Mon-Tues.

If not, then wed as it is originally scheduled.


I'm inclined to agree.

I also predict the sun will rise, and set, in that order, on the score release date.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:54 pm

.
Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElliotNessquire
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby ElliotNessquire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Number of refreshes of my iPhone email in the last 30 hours has to be north of 150 times. I'm such a first timer.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:34 pm

james.bungles wrote:SCORE RELEASE DAY PROBABILITY POWER RANKING

1. Monday March 3rd

2. Tuesday March 4th
3. Wednesday March 5th


4. Friday February 28th


9001. Saturday March 1st

9000000001. Sunday March 2nd



...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scandk
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby scandk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:40 pm

90convoy wrote:Score prediction for myself: 162


What was your PT average? Mine was 171.x. At first, I thought I bombed the test, but then, after thinking about it, and considering the hopefully generous curve, I was more optimistic. But now, I'm back to self-doubt. I think I under-performed my PT average. Score prediction: 168.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby xylocarp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:48 pm

I was really hoping for today, but I guess it's not gonna happen. I vote tomorrow. Then Saturday, then Sunday, etc.

ETA: not for any rational reason, just optimism

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:50 pm

xylocarp wrote:I was really hoping for today, but I guess it's not gonna happen. I vote tomorrow. Then Saturday, then Sunday, etc.

ETA: not for any rational reason, just optimism


...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby zhenders » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:57 pm

xylocarp wrote:I was really hoping for today, but I guess it's not gonna happen. I vote tomorrow. Then Saturday, then Sunday, etc.

ETA: not for any rational reason, just optimism


Optimism is TOTALLY rational; I'm there.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:06 pm

I thought Saturday happened once before

User avatar
MidwestLifer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby MidwestLifer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm

We should get a new poll... Predicted score? Best guess as to release date? Number of times you've puked from anxiety?

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 pm

thevuch wrote:I thought Saturday happened once before


….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby rebexness » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm

thevuch wrote:I thought Saturday happened once before


I believe this was due to carryover from Friday night release- not actual saturday. I could be wrong.

User avatar
HanShotFirst
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:05 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby HanShotFirst » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Any reason everyone's more optimistic about Friday than before? Do you guys know something I don't? ;)

Also, has LSAC ever released scores on a weekend?

User avatar
sanibella
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby sanibella » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:09 pm

sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


There is a snowstorm? :shock:

...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 pm

sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


...why would they care about the weather?

User avatar
sanibella
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby sanibella » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


...why would they care about the weather?


They might not at all. But if their office might potentially be closed on Monday, they might just want to get it done and out of the way Friday.

I appreciate the slightly condescending touch the ellipsis added.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm

sanibella wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


...why would they care about the weather?


They might not at all. But if their office might potentially be closed on Monday, they might just want to get it done and out of the way Friday.

I appreciate the slightly condescending touch the ellipsis added.


.........................they have until Wednesday, though..........................

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


...why would they care about the weather?


They might not at all. But if their office might potentially be closed on Monday, they might just want to get it done and out of the way Friday.

I appreciate the slightly condescending touch the ellipsis added.


.........................they have until Wednesday, though..........................


….
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sanibella
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby sanibella » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
sanibella wrote:Looking at the past few years' worth of February score release dates, I would bet on Monday.

However, if they are weather-weary, they might release it tomorrow in anticipation of the Sunday/Monday potential snowstorm.


...why would they care about the weather?


They might not at all. But if their office might potentially be closed on Monday, they might just want to get it done and out of the way Friday.

I appreciate the slightly condescending touch the ellipsis added.


.........................they have until Wednesday, though..........................


Yes, they do.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby xylocarp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:29 pm

HanShotFirst wrote:Any reason everyone's more optimistic about Friday than before? Do you guys know something I don't? ;)

Also, has LSAC ever released scores on a weekend?

Objectively I recognize that Monday and even Wednesday are probably more likely than tomorrow. But in the excitement of it actually being close, I'm hoping for tomorrow and getting too optimistic about it.

In June 2005, June 2007, February 2010, and October 2010 scores came out on Saturdays, according to this page.

ETA: This page also claims that Sunday releases are "not uncommon" ? ??

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: February 2014 Waiters

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm

xylocarp wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:Any reason everyone's more optimistic about Friday than before? Do you guys know something I don't? ;)

Also, has LSAC ever released scores on a weekend?

Objectively I recognize that Monday and even Wednesday are probably more likely than tomorrow. But in the excitement of it actually being close, I'm hoping for tomorrow and getting too optimistic about it.

In June 2005, June 2007, February 2010, and October 2010 scores came out on Saturdays, according to this page.

ETA: This page also claims that Sunday releases are "not uncommon" ? ??


...
Last edited by Learn_Live_Hope on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Alexandros, dontsaywhatyoumean, tracy9524, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests